Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
FLO's Cyber Construct Experiment- 500g to all participants!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

NoSuchCreature

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 11:42 am
In the interest of both indulging my curiosity and inspiring a little bit of interaction in this guild in a somewhat scientific manner, I have created an experimental blind survey to see what sort of results will pop up. I encourage at least 10 people to participate in this casual study before I reveal the details of all this. Until that general amount has been reached, I would like each participant to go through the directions and answer questions accordingly, without any influence of what others have written (to aid in this, I would encourage answers to be posted in white). Afterwards, in addition to unveiling the results of the experiment, I would welcome any critique on how to form more effective and/or conclusive experiments in the futuer. Thank you, and enjoy.
~~~

(Prepare a piece of scratch paper or a program such as Notepad to write down answers on before proceeding to your post).

Part A:

A1) Clear your thoughts of any emotions and thoughts outside of the survey before continuing.

A2) Look at the following image for a full, uninterrupted minute:

Image A

A3) On your text file or paper, describe any feelings or emotions that you felt (if any) while observing this image.

A4) Similarly, describe any thoughts or sensations (visually, aurally, etc.) that you felt (if any) while observing this image.

Part B:

B1) Clear your thoughts of any emotions and thoughts outside of the survey before continuing.

B2) Look at the following image for a full, uninterrupted minute:

Image B

B3) On your text file or paper, describe any feelings or emotions that you felt (if any) while observing this image.

B4) Similarly, describe any thoughts or sensations (visually, aurally, etc.) that you felt (if any) while observing this image.

Part C:

C1) Clear your thoughts of any emotions and thoughts outside of the survey before continuing.

C2) Look at the following image for a full, uninterrupted minute:

Image C

C3) On your text file or paper, describe any feelings or emotions that you felt (if any) while observing this image.

C4) Similarly, describe any thoughts or sensations (visually, aurally, etc.) that you felt (if any) while observing this image.

After completing both answers for each of all three parts, proceed to post your responses in respect to their labels (A3, A4, B3, etc.) within white text tags. Your input will not be used to make any judgements about you as a person or as a contributor to this survey and will be used only to draw a conclusion from the overall results. Thank you greatly for your time and effort. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 7:13 pm
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  

midara the happy banshee

Maze

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 1:03 pm
I'll try this later, and edit this post with the results. I'm really hyper right now and I have trouble clearing my mind to begin with, so I probably shouldn't even try it right now sweatdrop .

It'd be interesting to see the results, though. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 7:56 am
Part A:
A3:I didn't feel any different.
A4: I noticed that the black dot seemed to be the only real focused thing I saw. Also, it looked as if there were a few slashes inside the dot, that would form, then wipe away.

Part B:
B3: I actually felt a bit of dread or fear at first for some reason.
B4:I noticed the slash marks again, but im wondering if it could just be my monitor dirty (for the sake of the experiment, ill assume that it isnt). It seemed like the periphrial vision in my left eye went milky for a second, but it came back. It looked like the dot would change colors in various areas, but never fully change. When I would focus on the dot, the color would go back to white. I noticed an upsidedown triange inside the dot, but maybe I'm just going crazy.

Part C:
C3: I didnt feel any different
C4: The slash marks were back again (at this point, assuming monitor is smudged).and there seemed to be more visual activity then before. In almost a deep purple (or maybe blue, im colorblind), there seemed to be almost an eclipse of the color, then it formed a ring, and started to spin, form different shapes (nothing like triangles, stuff you see on screen savers), and do random screen saver-y stuff. Very hard to discribe exactly.

PhantomPhoenix0

Aesi

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 5:59 pm
A: After about 15 seconds, I began to feel choked from fear and my spine trembled. The strength of this impression remained fairly stable.

Though the image is on a white background, it developed an aura even whiter and quite wide.

B: A sense of stillness. Not exactly peaceful, just...unchanging. It drew my focus and, as with most images that do, triggered my habit of crossing my eyes on a solid color when focusing on a image.

On this image there was a thin white aura with a blue edge.

C: I felt determined to see clearly and my eyes crossed on this one, too.

The image had a thin but bright orange-red aura on the lower three-quarters.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 7:08 pm
A3) At first nothing, but after a few seconds I felt this knot form in the pit of my stomach. I guess you'd call it despair or depression. Despair, I guess.
A4) It seemed to become almost three dimensional after a while.

B3) A dull sort of rage. Very apathetic and annoyed. I also started to feel kind of claustrophobic. I'm not sure if I made it a full minute - I really needed to look away after a while. Sorry. ^^
B4) The edges got very blurry this time. Also, I saw a very faint, thin, light gray ring inside the circle.

C3) Nervous. Antsy. Strangely guilty, like I was being lectured for doing something bad.
C4) Saw the grey ring again. I think it's glare from my glasses, but whatever. Um, I had trouble breathing during this one. I don't know why.

Triste-chan

NoSuchCreature

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 2:29 pm
Very helpful information so far, but as I would much like to have this completed sooner, I am now offering 500g to everyone that completes the test (those who have already completed it will be getting that now). I need input, people! gonk  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 2:12 pm
Image A:

The natural reactions drawn were pretty standard.

There wasn’t a strong sense of emotion, but faint senses of what I might call a “desire for completeness” could be felt. Like something striving against external forces for it’s own place.

Largely some of them came from personal theological understandings- beyond that there was a sense of expansion- almost as thought the circle wished to expand and swallow the whole of the screen.

Image B:

Almost a sense of loss present. It’s more of a confusion than a direct sense of “this is missing”. Perhaps a hint of ambiguous regret v. sorrow?

Unlike the initial one, this has a sense of constriction- or a better sense of boundaries that exist just inside of the edge of the circle.

Image C:

This one is very grounded and present. A whole concept of “Gnosis” is present within the impressions.

There wasn’t a sense of need or want or even a lack of- it just was.
Towards the end of it I got a kind of Da'at Vibe, unapologetic, but not malicious either.

TeaDidikai

Wolf149

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 5:09 pm
A3 There were no strong feelings that this image invoked. Strange enough though I notice a slight peaceful, empty feeling.
A4 None, just a small empty sensation

B3 No feelings. My vision seemed to cross and I noticed a strange sense of awareness, but I can't really put a word to it.
B4 I had no thoughts or even emotions. All my focus was directed toward the circle and I saw the blackness dim a little and spread outside of the circle.

C3 Similar to B3
C4 The circle looked as if it was pulsing slightly. I saw what looked like lines coming from the center and my visions crossed more frequently. No thoughts or emotions came through my mind.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 6:31 am
On Image A: (I jotted down single words as they came to me) Dark, empty, void, sphere, inky, circular, "A," pupil, tense and calm. As well, I noted a strong presence to the object.

On Image B: (again, jotted down single words as they came to me) Same, confused, curious, analize this, pixelated image, arcs, curves, "B" = "A."

On Image C: (same drill) Same, (furrows brow), dissapointed, mild annoyance, uninterested, bored.

Starlock

queertastrophy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 10:08 pm
A3: I kept thinking that I needed to look deeper. Kind of peaceful, really. A sort of lullful tug to look deeper into the image.

A4: It might be my eyes, but after about twenty seconds of looking into it, a gray circle formed within it. I thought it made it look even more peaceful.

-------------------------------

B3: This one made me antsy--I wanted to look away. It was a very persistant feeling of anxiety.

B4: Again, it might be my eyes, but after a bit, the white outer edge of the circle seemed highlighted, while the inside became speckled with dark blue. I thought the blue was a lovely colour, but I still couldn't shake the feeling of anxiety. Almost paradoxal.

C3: It was some kind of mellow. I'm having trouble finding the right word to describe it.

C4: Maybe it's just a smudge on my monitor (or my imagination), but I could have sworn I saw a man's eye for a split-second. No colours, shades, or hues besides the black and lighter black of the eye, though.

(I don't need or want the 500 gold. This is a very interesting thread--I'm eager to hear where you're going with this. Quenching my curiosity is better than some gold. XP)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 7:15 am

A. Nothing, blank

B. Same as A

C. Same as A

Oniko-inuki

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items