Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply ~ Main Forum ~
Is it alright for a goth to go to a church? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Well, what do you think?
  um...don't know
  sure
  no
View Results

xslipknotmaniacx

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 6:32 am
i guess it is alright except if they are satanists or have another religion but i don't go to church cause i don't want do  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 4:01 pm
I'm sorry for repeating this if it is already meantioned but I have to run and I figured I'd put this in here before I did...

Of course it is okay for a goth to go to church. In fact, there is an organization called : Christiangoth.com (I believe) which gives links to churches that are accepting as well as serves as a board to meet other Chrisitan goths. xD  

Exquisite Cadavre

1,750 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200

starkespada

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 4:07 pm
im an athieois  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 5:48 pm
sasorixd99
im an athieois

...that's nice, but not all that relevant to the discussion.  

GilAskan
Crew

Zombiezaku

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 7:06 am
I do but everyone in my church looks at me realy weird and wont sit with me.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 3:49 pm
Zakuthegreat
I do but everyone in my church looks at me realy weird and wont sit with me.

Aw that's sad ~wide eyes~  

Exquisite Cadavre

1,750 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200

supa no tamago

Shy Streaker

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 8:14 am

User ImageSing as if no one is listening, dance as if no one is watching…User Image

*sigh* I'm sorry, but that's one of the silliest questions ever. Just because someone dresses in black, they're not allowed to believe in God and worship him?

That kinnda reminds me of the time my class was praying we'd win some competition. Out class president says "Anyone who believes in God, join hands with us. We're going to pray." I stepped up and joined the circle and she gives me this really funny look and actually asks me in UTTER disbelief if I ACTUALLY had faith.

I didn't do anything but nod though.

User Image…love as if you have never been hurt before, live as if there is Heaven on Earth.User Image

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 3:14 am
well i dont go to church but i really think it is up to the person weather or not the wana go. if the belive go if they dont, then dont. ive had many bad and hard experiences at church. other people my age telling me i didnt belong there and that i shoud leave, being stared at by others all through the service. it sucks being treated that way so i just stoped going after a teacher there asked me to leave the class study cause one of the parents of the children there didnt want their child looking up to me.  

MrsPuget

Lord Charlemain Richards

Thirteenth Lover

12,825 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • SpoOOokie Cookie Camp Treat Hunter 50
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Vintage 200
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 9:22 am
Uh, of course it is.
Goth is about your music, your style, and more often than not your sense of humor.
Church is about your religious beliefs. The two don't have anything to do with each other. They can't negate each other.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 6:55 pm
Dude, I should hope it is. I mean I'm pretty goth, and I go to church three times a week on my own will, and am a christain. I mean, if you think about it, God made night too, and all of the nocturnal animals. If he was against it, why would he create it and call it good? Yea I agree with all of the other answers that say "yes".  

Particle Wad

~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces