Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kansai_Gal

Aged Browser

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 6:24 pm
He's gone from a beautiful panda
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Well, this ghost thing:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Since I haven't been home, I didn't notice until it had gotten out of hand. I'm assuming it's because of the food I've been feeding him, as I've had similar experiences with (gold) goldfish. However, I've been tossing him in tropical food and occasionally a few betta bits... and now he's got /orange/ on him. What exactly might I feed to get a black color back?  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 12:02 am
Hmm...unfortunately I doubt you can get the black back. Most fish food are to enhance the red/gold coloring of the fish, in your case, it brought out the white. And it also explains why you're getting orange on it too. If you want, you can try and feed it normal food that has no color enhancing qualities and hope that the black will return. Seeing as how color enhancements don't last all that long.  

BluDragon35
Vice Captain

Wealthy Sex Symbol

7,200 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Kansai_Gal

Aged Browser

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 3:59 pm
BluDragon35
Hmm...unfortunately I doubt you can get the black back. Most fish food are to enhance the red/gold coloring of the fish, in your case, it brought out the white. And it also explains why you're getting orange on it too. If you want, you can try and feed it normal food that has no color enhancing qualities and hope that the black will return. Seeing as how color enhancements don't last all that long.
My gold goldfish turned black with cheap tropical food, I was hoping I could replicate that. sweatdrop
It's depressing because I know the company that sells that fish (I know because I worked for petsmart) feeds it wardley's goldfish food. However, i need to not just keep what black I have, but to regain it so feeding it that probably wouldn't work.
I don't want it like it was, I just want it to not be quite as unattractive as he is now. Oh well.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 12:09 am
Haha, that's the goal of every fish owner. To not have "that ugly of" a fish. xp  

BluDragon35
Vice Captain

Wealthy Sex Symbol

7,200 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Kansai_Gal

Aged Browser

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 9:53 pm
I'm the kind of person every pet store employee hates. "no, not that one, the smaller one, with the spot on his fin" I never understood people saying "Just get me two fancy guppies" "Which ones?" "Doesn't matter." For a catfish or a neon it doesn't matter, but not a guppy or goldfish!
(I've also endured myself to employees by picking out white mice based on testicle size. You can't tell till you fish through a pen of 50 mice, finally grab one, and flip him over. I'm sorry, massive testes just creep me out. crying Once you reach the point it's entirely plausible that it's already got feti growing in the testes instead of just sperm that's too much for me.)

Anyway, yeah, I just want a panda goldfish again instead of a white telescope. sweatdrop This tropical/betta mix isn't fending off the vitiligo.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 10:46 am
aww your fish looks kinda naked now...im sorry about that..

but yeah Ive never heard of any food to bring back a blackish color...just the bright reds and oranges

good luck though...maybe you can try and get him reddish instead??  

SquishyAngeh
Crew

Kansai_Gal

Aged Browser

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 1:51 pm
SquishyAngeh
aww your fish looks kinda naked now...im sorry about that..

but yeah Ive never heard of any food to bring back a blackish color...just the bright reds and oranges

good luck though...maybe you can try and get him reddish instead??
Yeah, they only market ones that turn orange because "who would want a black goldfish?"
He is kind of turning orange in spots now. gonk  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 12:21 am
Bleah, I've read they lose color with age, but damn, this has happened in 6 months. gonk Oh well, I guess I have no choice but to give up.  

Kansai_Gal

Aged Browser

Oe_Mizunagi

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 10:33 pm
I've read that someone had a fish that did that in one week and looked more like a koi and then just went back to looking like a goldfish. Its nothing you can help, they're special bread to be black and some dont stay that way  
----::::The FISH Tank::::----

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games