Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Ancient Thrace, Dacia, and Illyria

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Winter Black

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 8:44 am
In my research into my beliefs (to help myself further my own person moral beliefs, and to find more about the Ancient Peoples that I am taking my various Religions from) I began to research Thrace.
Thats not the only reason... I also wanted to write a story about a Thracian, and needed to know more about them...
But, while I was researching it, I noticed that the Gods and Goddesses more often appear as redheads with blue eyes... And I believe this is because the Thracians had this characteristic among them.
Not only that, but I think that I might have Thracian blood in me, as my eyes are the very same shade of blue...

Mostly, though, what I noticed is that the Greeks borrowed a few of their own Myths from the Thracians. The Macedonians and Romans did this, as well.

Considering Thrace/Thracia was more of a mass of land populated by many peoples, the Thracians were more loose tribes, rather than a unified, urbanized country. In fact, the thought of urbanization was either alien, or horrible to them. Or both.

What I want to know is if there is anyone here who knows a lot about Ancient Thrace, and/or worships any of the Thraco-Dacian and Illyrian Gods and Goddesses...
- Candice Dionysus

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 9:06 am
Winter Black
But, while I was researching it, I noticed that the Gods and Goddesses more often appear as redheads with blue eyes... And I believe this is because the Thracians had this characteristic among them.

That's not particularly distinguising. The Celts also had this characteristic as, I believe, did the Scandinavians.

Winter Black
Not only that, but I think that I might have Thracian blood in me, as my eyes are the very same shade of blue...

What very same shade of blue?
Have you looked into your family tree to verify this?  

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Winter Black

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 9:24 am
As far as I knew, the Celts had more green eyes, than blue...
And light blue, kind of like faded denim... I think thats what the document I read at the library said... I don't know, because I'm not allowed in the library anymore. (Don't ask. I'm not going to bother expalining.)

And no, because 1) I don't really know how, and 2) I'm not even sure that either side of my family has a family tree I could check.

Edit: All I really know about my family is that my fathers father is from Italy, and one of my moms grandfathers is straight from the Ucraine, the city Kiev.
The other, I believe, was from Poland.
And somewhere in there, there is Sweedish blood. Probably from my dads side of the family. [shrugs]

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 3:09 pm
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  

TeaDidikai

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 3:38 pm
Also note that the area in question was known for it's Gnostic sects.  
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 7:31 pm

Kal Eldritch

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 11:28 pm
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 1:40 pm

Triste-chan

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 3:45 pm
Triste-chan

No, you got it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eye_color#Green_eyes
Huh. Hotchiwitchi be buggered you're right.

I wonder when this was discovered.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff