Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply [The Arena]________Fanfiction & Fanart & Original Creations
[Request] I need some advise on drawing guys (pencil)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tierastriel

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 11:03 am
I'm really unsure whether this is the right place to bring this up but no where else seems right.

Admittedly I can draw guys OKAY but I just don't get how to draw their waist down. They come out either no hip or girl hips, the legs are either to stick-ish or just messed up. Then there's the arms. I've looked through other books and etc. but the guys look like muscle men. I just want to to do average strength males. Lastly (gosh I feel sort of selfish) is that I can't draw the connection between the shoulders and torso, it comes out distorted. confused

Any advise?  
PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 11:08 am
Post Examples of your art. It will make it easier to help you.

Until I see an example of your work, this is the best I can help you with. My guys tend to be pretty girly and have girly hips too though XD I'm sure I'm not totally correct either on the body.

User Image  

Syntria
Crew

Tierastriel

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 11:12 am
alright, it might take a tiny while though. My dad will have to help me because the scanners downstairs on his comp account.  
PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 1:29 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. from yesterday morning  

Tierastriel

Tierastriel

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 1:30 pm
I know, very blurry  
PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 6:45 am
Not really a problem, from what I can see.

Torso up, it's fine. What looks a bit off are the legs..... It might help only a bit, but, when I draw (adult) guys, I always make sure the torso up to the head (no, don't count occasions when you have bloody spiky, sky-high hair! Just the head shape) is 2/3 the length of the legs. Your guy looks like his upper and lower body is exactly the same length.

As for the face.... Sorry, love, but I really can't see it well. Blurred details.... Post a headshot sometime. I might be able to comment better on that.

Anything else, I'm just a PM away.

M.K. Morreaux

Tierastriel

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 9:03 am
thanks! I'll try to get a better shot. maybe I should use paint shop pro to resize though...  
PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 9:42 pm
Tierastriel
thanks! I'll try to get a better shot. maybe I should use paint shop pro to resize though...

No problem. I'll pop by in a day or two to see if you have the resized version out. Love to see your work.  

M.K. Morreaux

Tierastriel

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 5:11 pm
Okay, its not coming out any better...sry...But I have been working on the other stuff and I've gotten better! Though... redface I've been having to draw them only in their undies...In my private sketch book of course. My dad would be all over the place if he saw them...Even my mom who understands it-... eek Dun wanna know...  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 8:41 pm
User Image
Okay it's not full body beacause I haven't scanned any on yet sweatdrop Except maybe this one but I don't think it counts. This is a man! he is just very pretty.

User Image  

Spontanious Alias

4,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Contributor 150
[The Arena]________Fanfiction & Fanart & Original Creations

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items