Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild
Incest? o_0 Love it or hate it? Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 53 54 55 56

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yaoi incest:
  Love it
  Hate it.
  Poll whore, RAWR.
View Results

Fin Raziel

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:08 pm
It depends. It seems like the stories I've read with siblings in them, I kind of like. sweatdrop But with cousin pairings or uncle-nephew pairings, I'm kind of turned off. It may be the way they're written though. I have this one yaoi about a country bumpkin raised by his grandmother that goes to live instead with his city slicker cousin. The cousin forced him to have sex with him in return for homework help. It was more rape than a love story and that bothered me. And then the uncle/nephew one was just odd to think about, even though in the story they were near the same age. I don't know why, but brothers is kind of hot. (Or half brothers, is how I usually see it done.)  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:27 pm
I think there's genuine reasons why people find incest 'icky' - platonic affection isn't just an absence of attraction it is its own form of relationship and is essential to every human being.

There are some instances that occur in real life where individuals do not feel a platonic bond with their relatives and therefore incest does not 'feel' bad for them. If you disregard the issues with reproduction then as long as the individual does not feel uncomfortable with an incestuous relationship then there are no negative effects. Incest is a psychological state of being - if it doesn't feel like incest then it's not incest.

As far as fiction goes I can tolerate or enjoy some stories involving incestuous romantic relationships buut I can't separate my knowledge of real-life from my mind when reading. There's only so far I can suspend my disbelief so it comes down to presentation.

The situation I am most comfortable with is male-female sibling incest. I don't like parent-child incest at all, its just so unlikely to remove the platonic bond from that relationship, and I don't really like male-male (or female/female) sibling incest.

It may be strange to say, since I say male-female sibling incest is the most acceptable but while you might argue male-male sibling incest is the same thing the fact is it isn't. Because for it to be naturally-occuring both brothers would also need to be gay, which is a mind-boggling addition to the equation - really unlikely. If the brothers are not gay and are 'experimenting' then the problem is compounded - this is straight-up abuse and, regardless of how the siblings feel about each other as siblings, an undeniable betrayal of the platonic bond.

>.< Overcomplicated response!  

AliceCyanide

Chex4nothing Muleing4free

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:23 pm
I don't approve of it. But seen anime/movie/book that explain it and understand it.
It makes sense.
But at the same time I guess it's a little 'to close for home' for me to approve. ninja  
The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 53 54 55 56

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff