Reply Fantasy Books Guild
Redwall series.... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tiggermyk

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:45 am
Amazing series, and while the themes do get a bit repetitive, the characters, plots, and descriptions make up for it, in my mind. Every few years I go back and reread as many as I can get my hands on, so in about three or four months--or sooner, now that I've been reminded of it--I'm gonna be hunting down the copies of the books I have and checking out from the library the copies that I don't. Oh, the horror! xd

undomesticated: Martin the Warrior is one of only five books to ever make me cry.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:27 pm
I love this series. It's so cute and very compelling. I can't decide between Salamandastron, Mariel of Redwall and the Long Patrol.

I've really got to read the newest one.  

Asahi10

babie3000

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:54 am
KR0NiiCALLY KRiiSTEN
VirmarIanosian
I loved the hares and badgers. I still stick to Redwall because it's Martin vs. the mountain lion Tasmarina(or something). Havn't read it in a while though.
Actully that one's Mossflower.

I love the badgers and hares and Mossflower but i also like some of Brian Jaques other books.
Have you ever read Castaways of the Flying Dutchman? there are 3 or 4 books in that series by Brian Jaques but they are all just as good if not better than his Redwall books.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 1:48 pm
all of his books are amazing he is one of my favorite authors  

babie3000

xxxETERNALxxxBLAZExxx

Dangerous Fatcat

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:01 pm
I loved Redwall, it was a great book the other book that I liked was the one about the mountain something or other but i don't remember what that one was called(its been a while)  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:18 pm
Maze353
Redwall was the first book of his I read and it remains my favorite. However, his books all seem so... repetative. They're all very closely follow the same gameplan.

Jacques is very much a formula writer. But then again, so was Shakespeare.

Try his Castaways of the Flying Dutchman series. They're not so formulaic, but they do use the same two protagonists.  

Celestiara

babie3000

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 4:01 pm
VirmarIanosian
I loved the hares and badgers. I still stick to Redwall because it's Martin vs. the mountain lion Tasmarina(or something). Havn't read it in a while though.

the Martin vs Tasmarina is mossflower not Redwall and it is a great book  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:26 am
My favorite has to be the original: REDWALL! I've read and re-read it fifteen times (no lie; the cover is nearly falling off) and I still am a firm believer in that it is the best!

I agree that the plots and themes get a little predictable, but the rich detail and the memorable characters make up for it. I besides the first one, I like Mossflower, Salamandastron (only that Dotty or Dorry hare. She's the best), Murial of Redwall (sorry about spelling) and Outcast of Redwall. The latter was rather refressing, probably because it was from the viewpoint of a "bad" guy.  

Harmonious Dischord

7,500 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Fantasy Books Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items