• Battle: Mage 100
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:30 pm
Then again, with Sulu up there. it's not a complete list without Jellico
and Riker. Me, I was more impressed with Riker as Captain than
the others.

For those who forget, Riker Captained the Enterprise D in
"Best of Both Worlds Part II" (formally as Captain)
and the Hathaway in "Peak Performance"
(for wargames with the Enterprise D).  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:46 am
Steel Sterling
xXSuperWhateverXx
Oh interesting,
you put Sulu up there smile .

I guess you can put him there becaus he captained his own ship in one of the movies (I forget which though).

ST 6: The Undiscovered Country.
"Target that explosion and fire."

Oh, I figured it was one of the later numbered movies.
Thank you. smile  

xXSuperWhateverXx

7,200 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

chayar1991

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:53 am
I'd say Janeway, because she had the whole "Tough as nails, anything to get the job done, mess with her at your risk" thing going on. Plus, HOW many Borg did she destroy? -Ridley Wolf

I couldn't agree more plus, there's aspects of her in every woman, she's a kick-a** chic, but likes a good bubble bath, drinks black coffee, and at some moments is freakin' GI Janeway but in other moments is standing there commenting on Neelix's cooking or hannging out with Leonardo DiVinci. Plus she also does go where no one has gone before, regarding the Delta Quadrant and Starfleet, she's overall a kick-a** chic with a soft side.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:18 pm
For me it's a tie between Archer and Sisko right now.

I've only seen the first and part of the second season, but Archer's definitely a favorite because he... well let's face it, he and the rest of humanity had no effin' clue what they were getting themselves into, and despite all trouble he got himself in, he took his mistakes to heart with dignity and a kind of grace. All that without the help of prime directives or Federation protocols. Lightyears better than the way Kirk handled things. No idea if my picture of Archer is going to change when I get through the other seasons, but we'll see.

As for Sisko, he was placed in a very awkward position for his Captaincy... hell, he wasn't even a Captain yet when he started. The man had to deal with more politics & diplomacy more than any of the other Captains. I mean the others had their fair share of sensitive alien encounters, it's true, but unlike any of the others, Sisko was rooted to the spot, and just had to sit there and take whatever got doled out at him. His main job wasn't to explore, it was to hold the fort. And then when the Dominion came in, his job became that much harder. Not to mention the fact that he unwittingly became the religious centerpiece of Bajoran culture which was something the Federation higher ups did NOT take kindly to. Sisko had critics on all sides, and he quietly threw their opinions back into their faces.

I'd put Janeway in my top captain list too, but the writers made her too damn flippant and inconsistent for me to even consider a plausible character. She kept going all "We must do this the starfleet way!" and then turned around and threw prime directive out the window whenever the hell she wanted, which pisses me off considering the way she handled things in the very first episode -_-'. Her actress was awesome though.  

Junimaia

Dapper Dabbler

Lumanny the Space Jew

Blessed Poster

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:13 pm
KIRK.
And it's Sisko, not Cisco.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:15 pm
Pfft, toh-may-toh toh-mah-toh talk2hand

*ninja edits her previous post* xD  

Junimaia

Dapper Dabbler

Nerthus_water_nymph

5,900 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:01 pm
The only three that I can accuratly vote against are Kirk, Sulu, and Picard mainly because I have not had the chance to really watch the other seasons of Star Trek to give them a fair chance. Out of the three though definately Kirk, I mean what couldn't he do and I can't stand Picard. Picard just gets on my nerves especially in the movie Generations he seemed to know every thing about any thing that was happening and he spent most of the movie mopeing. Kirk lost his son to the klingons, his brother and sister-in-law on Deneva and he spent time on Tarsus IV with Kodos, did you see him mopeing all the time talk2hand Sulu I like but in reality he dosn't really have that captain persona that much...  
Boldly Go - A Star Trek Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff