Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
What are some good excersises to do?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

xXRachie RaeXx

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 8:03 am
I am not totally going on a diet. Some people have seen my other threads and they know that it is just too hard for me. Anyways, what are some good excersises to do when I am bored just watching T.V. or waiting for an e-mail. Or any just typical momment when I am not doing anything...?  
PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 9:36 am
From all I've heard the usuall thing is clenching your buttocks <_< Clench, hold, release. Do it in ques in exams w/e. smile  

RHShipper

xXRachie RaeXx

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 9:39 am
RHShipper
From all I've heard the usuall thing is clenching your buttocks <_< Clench, hold, release. Do it in ques in exams w/e. smile
Hmmm. Have never heard of that one...  
PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 12:00 pm
Its the only thing I ever seem to see im magazines, toning apparantly smile  

RHShipper

xXRachie RaeXx

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 1:54 pm
RHShipper
Its the only thing I ever seem to see im magazines, toning apparantly smile
oooh nice hair style!  
PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 1:32 pm
I suggest lunges or squats... they are super super good for toning legs and butt  

Aeren
Crew

drummer06

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 9:09 pm
Well I have one of those little yoga ball things that you sit on. Sit on that in front of computer or tv, it's hard at first but by just bouncing you get a semi-workout.you can also do yoga and pilates moves in front of the tv if you have workout sheets next to you  
PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 9:38 am
A few things I've learned about exercise, over a lifetime of watching my weight.

exclaim Any exercise is better than no exercise.

exclaim An exercise you enjoy is better. Even if another workout could accomplish more, you won't stick with it if you hate it.

exclaim Get an exercise buddy. Taking a walk can get old if you walk the same neighborhood all the time, but having a friend come along with you will make it fun. You can use conversation to distract you from the fact that you're exercising.

exclaim Give yourself a reward. Walked two miles? One mile? Five miles? Stop and look around. If you see a place to get yourself a low-calorie or no-calorie treat, such as a diet soda or a latte made with skim milk, depending on the weather.

exclaim Count your miles or your steps by using a pedometer. Try to hit ten miles a week if you're walking or running; go for 30 to 60 minutes of hard exercise a day, at least 3 days a week.

exclaim Exercise your 'powerhouse' -- thighs, rear, and abdomen. The rest of your body will look even better if those areas are toned. Also, exercises for your arms, shoulders, and lower legs will be a lot easier if the powerhouse is in shape.

exclaim Exercise painlessly all day in addition to a more intense workout. Take the stairs instead of the elevator. When putting away groceries, lift things two times and set them down again each time, before putting them away. Pick up and cuddle your pets or kids. If you're happy, do a little dance. Clean something vigorously, and put your back into it. Use a yoga ball for your computer chair, because maintaining good posture helps the lower back and the abdomen. Walk quickly instead of slowly when going anywhere; it burns more calories. Get up to change the channel instead of hunting for the remote.

exclaim Put up a picture or poster from someone in a magazine that you'd want to look like. Put it near your exercise equipment as an incentive to work harder. Believe me, this works.

exclaim Housework isn't aerobic, but it is exercise. Do a lot of it. Not only will you look great, but so will your room or home.  

Divash
Vice Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

3,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games