Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
Trying to get on a diet...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

xXRachie RaeXx

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 7:56 am
Well ya see....I have this problem...I cant get on a diet without breaking it. It just doesnt happen. I dont know why I dont know how. It just doesnt happen. Especially now that it is summer. Some people just get on it and stay on becuz they have motivation I dont. So any tips people... whee  
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 10:04 pm
Don't "diet". Aim to change your life style for the better, so that way you're doing so that you'll always be slim and healthy, instead of just to lose weight.

Eat more protein and limit how many carby and starchy foods (that includes potatoes) you eat. I found by doing that I lost about 2 kg in about a week or two.

Lots of fruit and veggies, the natural fructose in the fruit can help with the sugar cravings and if the cravings get really bad, steep some ginger in tea (use green or white, it's better) or hot water and it will really help.

Drink a lot of water, I'd say maybe a minimum of 1.5L a day, try and get more. Yes you'll go to the toilet a lot but you're flushing out toxins and keeping the body hydrated. Also, sometimes when you think you're hungry you're actually dehydrated. Tea counts in that water total, but not things like fruit juices.

I've found all of those things have helped me, and remember, do it to get healthy!

Frog Juice

7,050 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Signature Look 250

A.Midnight.Whisper

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 4:55 pm
Making simple and small changes can make a big difference. For instance, instead of using sugar you can use Splenda. Also, as mentioned, drinking a lot of water is a great help. If you don't like just plain water, try Crystal Light - plenty of flavours with few calories; or, you can add a little lemon juice to add a little flavour.

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games