Welcome to Gaia! ::

Guild of Vegans and Vegetarians

Back to Guilds

Join vegetarians and supporters for discussion on health, cooking, and ethical issues! 

Tags: Food, Vegan, Vegetarian, Animal, Cooking 

Reply Recipes & Cooking Tips
for any of u new veggies

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kelsenator3663

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 7:29 am
when someone came up to me and said "want some refried beans?" i would probably cower in fear and scream, "ew!!!" ever since i became veggie, i tried them, and their delicious. they taste best with chips salsa lettuce (for some of u, cheese) and everything some nachos/taco needs. so dont be afraid to try something new! and of nothing else, it has to taste better than dead cows wink  
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 12:52 pm
Yes its good to keep an open mind when going veg.
Try new foods, or else you won't last..  

Astrox

ANGORAPHOBIA

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 1:32 pm
Ethnic foods! Indian food especially are heavy on the veggie-friendly AND the yum!  
PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 8:05 am
Astrox
Yes its good to keep an open mind when going veg.
Try new foods, or else you won't last..

so true!! i had never really eaten ANY veg before i turned veggie, and now....well. i eat veg!!  

realt

spacekitten

Sparkly Cutie-Pie

15,350 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 2:05 pm
ANGORAPHOBIA
Ethnic foods! Indian food especially are heavy on the veggie-friendly AND the yum!

Mmmm, hummus! *scarfs down from the bowl in front of the comp*  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 9:12 am
I've always wished I liked beans. =( I can't stand them, but they look and smell good. It really limits my choices, as far as eating out goes.  

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

Famicommie
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 7:41 am
Refried beans mixed with rice and onions can make great fajitas. Make sure to liberally apply sauteed or grilled green/red/yellow peppers, tomatoes, guacamole, and anything else Mexican-y that really floats your boat.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 6:51 am
ANGORAPHOBIA

Yes. I've grown quite a liking to indian food since I've become a vegetarian. 3nodding

Lexiegirl

Juni chan

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 2:39 pm
I love this Vietnamese place down the street from where a live (it's local).

I don't eat refried beans because most of them are made with lard, which is an animal product, but they do make vegetarian refried beans that you can buy. Also, Baja Fresh and Taco Bell don't use lard in their beans, either, so those are safe...

I'm a vegan, though, not just a vegetarian, so this doesn't really apply to all of you...  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 1:49 pm
Yeah, I've always been a little suspicious of refried beans. Sadly, I still eat them. I think I'm going to have to start asking at restaurants. Can't be ignorant forever.  

La Violetta

Recipes & Cooking Tips

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff