Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian British Guild

Back to Guilds

A haven for British Gaians, and those sympathetic to their peculiar ways! 

Tags: britain, british, United Kingdom, english, england 

Reply Gaian British Guild
Dumberica, land of the free?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

wodewose

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 12:22 pm
In Dumberica there is supposedly freedom of religion and a seperation of church & state.In the UK our Head-Of-state is also the Head of the "official" state religion and we have no written constitution, yet our society is more secular and as a result we have more freedom...why do YOU think that is?  
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 3:29 pm
Higher general standard of education?

No, wait. That can't be right.

Invictus_88
Captain

ficklefiend
Crew

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 4:35 pm
..because they infact have the least seperation of religion and government?

I nearly spat at the television when Tony Blair said he would be judged by god on the war. I don't care what he believes in or where he goes after he dies, he should have his head on the ground not the ******** clouds.

"When it comes to religion, I respect all the differences but I would say that if you believe in any of it you're a moron because the thing is, to me it really is just people talking about their imaginary friend at length. Somebody who's not there. I don't mind that - whatever gets you off, you know- but some of them are world leaders."

Ah Dylan Moran. You say it so well.

(I'm really sorry, I'm trying very hard to stop myself quoting comedians during every conversation I have. I should get myself a hair bobble round my wrist to ping everytime I do it...and when I eat pizza or chew my nails. I think I will have a very sore wrist.)

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 4:27 am
Perhaps because the laws were introduced to make America at least appear free...to the passing idiot.  

and_solo_said

wodewose

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 5:06 am
I know my wife often reads the newspaper from her old home in Virginia online and comes away in tears and only too glad to be living here.....  
Gaian British Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games