Welcome to Gaia! ::

Guild of Vegans and Vegetarians

Back to Guilds

Join vegetarians and supporters for discussion on health, cooking, and ethical issues! 

Tags: Food, Vegan, Vegetarian, Animal, Cooking 

Reply Recipes & Cooking Tips
Veg*n Friendly Restaurants Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you have any veg*n friendly restaurants where you live?
  Yeah, I have no problem finding a place around here.
  Yes, but only a few.
  Just 1
  There are none.
View Results

xxSweet Star-vation

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 8:15 am
Henbane
I had to go to cracker barrel the other day with my boyfriend and his mom. That is the worst place I have been. There idea of a vegetable is mac and cheese, cornbread pudding, coleslaw. The only normal veggies were corn and green beans. The salads all have bacon bits and egg on them. There are no veggie meals on the menu. I eat fish sometimes so thats what I got with corn and greenbeans. I am sure you could get the salad without the stuff on it though. But whats the point you will just be eating iceburg lettuce.

When we are with his mom we usually get country food. At Logans you can get veggie skewers that are pretty good. They have huge mushrooms, green pepper, squash, tomatoe and onion.

I agree. I hate that place! gonk  
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 5:57 pm
Moe's Burritos [there's another franchise called Chipotle's that's, as I recall, practically identical] is great! I eat there a lot more than I should sweatdrop . They have burritos the size of footballs and are totally vegan friendly. They serve tofu and never cook with fat or lard, and never give you weird looks if you order no cheese or sour cream. Usually you get cool punkish kids that work there, too. In a southern town like mine, that's really refreshing.  

SugarBlue Sunshine

pixie_laughter09

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 2:16 pm
Oh yes Moe's is one of my favorite places to go. Also Jason's Deli has 3-4 veg*n options. Their spinach wrap is to die for; I love it lots! 4laugh  
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 7:14 am
There is this all vegatarian place called crackers pretty much down the street from my house. (which is shocking considering I'm living in a small town eek ) also you can switch any hamburgar with a boca burgar at jb's and at chillie's, parrot head also has a lot of vegetatrian choices! heart biggrin  

xXLizzyLoserXx

inactive8888

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:52 pm
Vodka
spacekitten
Cosi is a good chain place to get a veg*n meal. Well, vegetarian, I don't think they cater to vegans. I like them because not only do they have little icons next to their certified vegetarian entrees on their menu, but you can also make a custom sandwich or salad with their long list of ingredients. I really like their Tomato, Basil, and Mozzerella melt :9

Red Robin lets you substitute a Boca burger patty on their burgers. You can also ask for no cheese or mayonaise. The Bonzai burger is awesome! (lettuce, tomato, terriyaki sauce, cheese, and grilled pineapple!)

Henbane, yeah, Cracker Barrel sucks for veg*ns. Its about as bad as a steakhouse XP

I don't know how many there are in the country, I only know of the one in Ithaca, NY, but Moosewood Restaurant is amazing! Its an almost all veg*n menu! And they have a TON of cookbooks on the market.

i was so excited when i went to redrobin and saw this on the menu; but i was quickly disappointed when i found out that the patty itself isn't vegan-it contains cheese.

my favorite places to go are definitely thai and indian restuarants. they have a lot of variety and at the thai places you can almost always substitute any meat in a dish with tofu.

actually that isnt true!!
its a rumor
plus PETA wouldnt vote it the best veg*n burger if it had cheese.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:30 pm
Noodles & Company actually has a huge amount of vegan menu items for a chain restaurant, and most dishes are vegetarian at least.  

Ammonia Spike

7,650 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Tooth Fairy 100

Sylphide Le Papillion

Fashionable Vampire

5,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:15 am
There is (surprisingly) a burger restaurant where I live called Five Guys that serves a "Veggie Burger" which is a bun with vegetables in it instead of meat. You can put grilled mushrooms and onions on it, it's really yummy. Also, they cook the veggie stuff separate from meat, and use only peanut oil (bad for people with peanut allergies though... like my brother).

We also have a cool place called Mid City Grill where they have a few vegan and vegetarian friendly things. They have a delicious grilled tofu sandwich! They are also good about not contaminating food with meat.

Other than that the only other places with a few things I can eat are Panera and Atlanta Bread which have a few soups and things... Though it's actually quite surprising there is anywhere safe for me to go in my little "city". ^ ^  
Recipes & Cooking Tips

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff