Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

oh
  no
View Results

Hiitachin Kaoru

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 10:22 am
Has anybody read the Wayfarer Redemption series by Sara Douglass? I just reread it again and I love it.  
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 6:35 am
I've read it! Its great huh? I've also read the first two books of the Try Game, which i thought was also good, in fact the fourth one just came out, however (sigh) i must wait for paperback!  

Cassandra_the_Prophetess

DirectedScion

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 7:56 pm
AAAAAA!!!
urg.....
such good writing, but I ABSOLUTELY DETEST AND DESPISE AND LOATHE AXIS SUNSOAR!!!!
I would use much stronger language, but I don't swear and I'd get busted, anyway, you get my point?
I like Drago though! I heart him!
She likes to have a lot of heartbreak and violent relationships, it rather bothers me because I'm the storybook ending type of gal.  
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 3:17 am
I LOVE HER!
I haven't read the Wayfarer Redemption series yet, but I do have all of those books handy.

I have, though, read all of the Troy Game Series!!!
I love that series so much!!!! =D  

DarquePinkPaper

Alindaer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 7:54 pm
DirectedScion
AAAAAA!!!
urg.....
such good writing, but I ABSOLUTELY DETEST AND DESPISE AND LOATHE AXIS SUNSOAR!!!!
I would use much stronger language, but I don't swear and I'd get busted, anyway, you get my point?
I like Drago though! I heart him!
She likes to have a lot of heartbreak and violent relationships, it rather bothers me because I'm the storybook ending type of gal.

Oh my friggin gawd, I HATE Axis, Azhure, and Caelum. Love Faraday, love Drago. Caelum does get better in the 2nd book of the 2nd trilogy, but GAWD I hated him! And Axis was such a JERK to Faraday! Ugh. And he and Azhure (Spoiler if you haven't finished Wayfarer Redemption, hilite to read) become friggin GODS?! And Faraday dies for Axis, but...UGH! (End spoiler)

The books rocked, but I could really kill Axis. What a twit.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:45 am
I've read most of the first book in The Wayfarer Redemption, and I really like it. It's actually holding my attention, which is hard these days. I'm gonna get the second one the next time I go to the bookstore, probably tomorrow or Wednesday.  

NightIntent
Captain

Lady Reader 2

Interesting Lunatic

12,375 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 2:25 pm
I heart her books!  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 6:01 pm
Mmkay, anyone who doesn't like spoilers and hasn't read this series: dfon't read farther than this.

I got Enchanter, the second book in the Wayfarer Redemption series, on Wednesday and just got the chance to start it. I got fifty pages through before I decided it was boring and I wanted to know what happened with Axisd and Faraday and if Borneheld got killed. So I flipped to a random page and the dialogue was something about how Belial was in love with Azhure (didn't she smack him really hard in the head the first time they met?) and she couldn't love him back because she was in love with Axis and pregnant with his child. My reaction: O.O What the ******** happened to Farday?! And then I skipped to near the end (ooo, bad, aren't I?) and Faraday freaking leaves? I can understand her sentiments, but... what the hell? My opinion, currently: the entire first book was a lie. I'm happy that Borneheld died, yes, but the entire thing with Azhure and Axis just killed my enjoyment in that part.

And all of this makes me seem like a touchy little brat about books. Well, I am. And I freely admit that. I hate when characters suddenly change for no apparent reason, going completely against what was previously established for them. I can think of two other examples of it, and one of those books I'm still in the middle of and the other I've stopped liking the series. I'm extremely touchy about books. Besides, I like Faraday a lot more than I like Azhure.  

NightIntent
Captain

Silver Shadow Sinner

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 7:02 pm
SPOILERS FOR THE SERIES!!!

I absolutly love that series! Faraday is one of my all-favorite characters! At first, I hated what Axis did to Faraday by leaving her for Azhure, but I think it was for the best in the end with Drago and Faraday. I mean, Axis and Azhure, with the God of Song and Goddess of the Moon thing, they were made for each other; Drago and Faraday too, they both had gone through so much from the same people.... It's really sad with Zenith and StarDrifter though, that StarDrifter didn't enter the Garden and Zenith couldn't be with him. I don't know if that's good or bad though, the way it was portrayed though.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 2:05 pm
i feel sorry for Niah.  

Mikiela

Durigen

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 11:05 am
I really enjoyed the first three wayfarer redemption books. And I really enjoyed the last 3 wayfarer redemption books. But what I hated was how drastically everything changed. She basically took everything that was built up in the first three books and the dashed it to pieces over the course of the next 3. I found it rather annoying. Oh well, I'm looking forward to the next book she's coming out with. It's supposed to be a continuation of the wayfarer redemption saga. Well... Kind of... It's going to draw a couple of her settings together since they all occur in the same world. The main character from Beyond the hanging veil is in it, as well as Stardrifter. Should be interesting.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 10:44 am
I think I just read the first two books, by the third I was tired of it. Though I am amazed on how much the women writes now and how many books she has out. because I remember getting her first books when they weren't even out. (used book stores rock)  

CastleAlyts

Draug Heltikana

Excitable Counselor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 6:50 am
Don't kill me for this gonk

I have NEVER liked Sara Douglass. EVER. I don't know why. Every time I try and read her books, I just get bored really quickly and have to put them down. They just don't interest me. I would like to try and read one, though. Does anyone have a suggestion for the best one of her books so that I might pick it up the next time I'm out?

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 10:43 pm
I guess I'm gonna try and sort of...resurrect this thread. I don't know if I'm spoiling anything, but these books are so old now that I don't think it matters. If you care, don't read further.

First : I really like Sara Douglass. I think she's a brilliant and fascinating author and she has enthralled me for a long time.

Second : Sorry Faraday lovers, but I really do like Azhure (in fact I have practice arrows that I designed after hers! ^^'') I still like Faraday, but let's face it, she gets Drago in the end and he's a sweetheart, yeah? The only thing I think Azhure really failed in was parenting. She favored one child (bad parenting), she ignored the rest of them (bad parenting) and she opted to sacrifice her youngest in order to get her long-dead mother back (really bad parenting), but hey, nobody's perfect, right?

And I hope no one blames her for her husband and the father of her children being a man-whore and not knowing what he wants, or for being dumb enough to suggest that the two women share him. - -' (What a..well..how typical for a man.)

Besides, it's really very satisfying to see Axis get so worked up when Drago starts courting Faraday. That was a good chapter for me. biggrin

What I would like to know (since most of who have read this or posted have at least tried to read her stuff) is what other series besides Troy Game have you guys read? I only have the third Troy Game book, and I'm just now getting interested, but what about the Crucible Trilogy? Sara had more fun writing those books than any others, according to her website.

Has anyone read her single books? And are they any good?

And what do people think about Ms. Douglass using such heavy religious themes in her books? Is it a turn off or does it make the books more interesting?

Also, before I run, why aren't there guilds for this woman if so many people seem to love her stuff? crying That's what I was originally looking for when I found this guild.  

LadyLarien

Domiera

5,700 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Junior 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 5:51 pm
I love Sara Douglas. Only just started reading her with the Troy Game(only the first so far, canna find the second for a good price sad ) then the Axis Triolgy, which was amazing. And I have to agree, she definately likes the dark writing, but shes just soooo good at it!!

I went from reading her to..I dunno, some stupid fluff book that I could read while I waited for my next trip to raid mom's bookshelf, and my brain was just absolutely thrown.

Mom has Wayfarer so I will get into that as soon as I get out of my Saintcrow trip  
Fantasy Books Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games