Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Red-heads and witchcraft

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Andrew boy

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 10:25 pm
I've heard some very weird stories of how red-heads were used in Europe by witches. Are many of the stories about red-heads true? Are red-heads diffrent in the world of witch-craft? (I show concern being a red-head myself.)  
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 3:33 pm
Red hair signifies more fire in the soul. Since antiquity, it has always been believed that the seat of the soul was the hair on the head. With the advent of Christianity this knowledge has been lost to the general populace, but it can still be seen in the crazy hair styles of manga characters.  

Tsuzuki

Pelta

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 3:09 am
Redheads also apparently tend to be easier to irritate and fly into fits of rage at the tiniest provocation. Or maybe that's just the redheads I know. wink In any case passionate people who can control it towards a purpose make magic.  
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 8:47 am
missmagpie
Or maybe that's just the redheads I know.

Not all of them, surely.

*is not a redhaed and definitely has a temper problem*  

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200

saint dreya
Crew

8,750 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 12:40 pm
missmagpie
Redheads also apparently tend to be easier to irritate and fly into fits of rage at the tiniest provocation. Or maybe that's just the redheads I know. wink In any case passionate people who can control it towards a purpose make magic.
i wonder if that fits into a self-fulfilling prophecy and proving a label...  
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 2:11 pm
reagun ban
missmagpie
Or maybe that's just the redheads I know.

Not all of them, surely.

*is not a redhaed and definitely has a temper problem*

Never said you had to be a redhead to be a b*****d. twisted But you're right. I do know a redhead who doesn't fly into easy fits of rage. Actually I have a much worse temper than some of the redheads I know..

Anyway as far as I know magical ability doesn't depend on anything as superficial as hair color. If it does, I'm so gonna dye my hair octarine. mrgreen  

Pelta

Deoridhe
Crew

Fashionable Fairy

11,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 8:20 am
The redhead ting could also have derived from 1) the fact the Irish are most likely to have that hair color and they converted to Christianity relatively late and 2) redheads are fairly rare.  
PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 6:57 pm
Well, they're certainly an anomaly. Things that were considered strange gained respect as being supernatural in the olden days. That may have had something to do with it. Just my opinion.  

Kahri

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 6:17 am
missmagpie
I do know a redhead who doesn't fly into easy fits of rage.

Our ex boyfriend?  
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 7:04 am
reagun ban
missmagpie
I do know a redhead who doesn't fly into easy fits of rage.

Our ex boyfriend?
Oh no. Definately not him. He was quite prone to them. It was he who told me the steriotype in the first place. 3nodding

Nah the lass I'm referring to is a friend of mine's girlfriend. She's lovely, but does have a nasty mean streak when she wants to be a b***h to someone. She doesn't really fly into fits of rage though.  

Pelta

saint dreya
Crew

8,750 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 10:12 am
i think the stereotype is only justified when someone sees a redhead flying into that rage...kinda like with old age.

if someone were 27 and forgetting that they're glasses were on their head, it wouldn't be that big of a deal and written off as a "brain fart". meanwhile, if someone who were 63 did that, it would be label as a sign of old age.  
PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 8:58 pm
Deoridhe
The redhead ting could also have derived from 1) the fact the Irish are most likely to have that hair color and they converted to Christianity relatively late and 2) redheads are fairly rare.
Also note that some of the Egyptian Priest classes used Henna to tint their black hair.

And it's not like modern paganism doesn't draw anything from Egyptian history and mysticism.  

TeaDidikai

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff