Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
ritual regalia Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

EternalHearts

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 4:29 pm
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  
PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 6:27 pm

TeaDidikai

Neko_Bast

Tricky Cat

19,600 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 2:02 pm
I sometimes wear a willow circlet and my hip scarf; and I always take off my shoes, cell phone, and watch. When I'm alone or its just me and my fiance I'll go skyclade but other than that I usually don't do anything special.  
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 3:50 pm

TeaDidikai

PurpleDragonsGems

Omnipresent Bookworm

15,850 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 5:42 pm
I am accually on a mission to sew my own ritual robes. For me, they just help put me in the right mindset. That and I love to sew. I bought a silver colored circlet from a con back in feb. that has flowers on it, so I like to use it as well. I'm on my way to make my own stuff, it makes it all seem just that more special.

~edit~ and barefooted, is a MUST. I hate wearing shoes as it is.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 8:00 pm
Dragon_Witch_Woman
I am accually on a mission to sew my own ritual robes. For me, they just help put me in the right mindset. That and I love to sew. I bought a silver colored circlet from a con back in feb. that has flowers on it, so I like to use it as well. I'm on my way to make my own stuff, it makes it all seem just that more special.

~edit~ and barefooted, is a MUST. I hate wearing shoes as it is.

That's awesome! I just sewed a chiton, and it's so wonderful. I love having something special to add to a ritual.  

midara the happy banshee

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 11:25 pm
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 5:45 pm
phoenix shadowwolf
for every high day and festival, the members of my grove who will be performing in the ritual and/or the play traditionally wear robes. this makes sense as it creates a sort of ambiance and atmosphere for the visitors and contributes to the purpose of the ritual. that and it seems most just like dressing up. some members not directly participating, as well as some visitors, occasionally dress up themselves, either in their hearth culture's traditional wear, medieval wear, or rennaisance wear.

once, i asked one of my fellow grovies why he 'robed up' when he wasn't a celebrant, and he said 'it makes the day feel more special'. i do understand this concept, and have recently begun looking for my own robes (gotta love those tax returns). amazingly, i found a site that sells fairly inexpensive robes, as well as some other specific clothing.

my questions to the population here are;

do you set aside certain things to wear specifically for/that are limited to rituals/rites/spiritual purposes/etc? if yes, what?

how important is it to you to have robes/clothes/jewelry/accesories that you only wear for ritual or spiritual purposes?

do you donn them for solitary practices? public rituals? both? neither?

do you feel pressure (those who attend public pagan gatherings) to devote money and items to have your own ritual regalia?

*side note, here is the site, and this is what i'm actually looking at.*
I'm a solitary, but I have a nightgown I use when I'm not skyclad. Sounds lame, but it's a good nightgown. It's old-fashioned and vaguely irish looking.  

Kahri

PurpleDragonsGems

Omnipresent Bookworm

15,850 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 4:43 pm
Kahri
phoenix shadowwolf
for every high day and festival, the members of my grove who will be performing in the ritual and/or the play traditionally wear robes. this makes sense as it creates a sort of ambiance and atmosphere for the visitors and contributes to the purpose of the ritual. that and it seems most just like dressing up. some members not directly participating, as well as some visitors, occasionally dress up themselves, either in their hearth culture's traditional wear, medieval wear, or rennaisance wear.

once, i asked one of my fellow grovies why he 'robed up' when he wasn't a celebrant, and he said 'it makes the day feel more special'. i do understand this concept, and have recently begun looking for my own robes (gotta love those tax returns). amazingly, i found a site that sells fairly inexpensive robes, as well as some other specific clothing.

my questions to the population here are;

do you set aside certain things to wear specifically for/that are limited to rituals/rites/spiritual purposes/etc? if yes, what?

how important is it to you to have robes/clothes/jewelry/accesories that you only wear for ritual or spiritual purposes?

do you donn them for solitary practices? public rituals? both? neither?

do you feel pressure (those who attend public pagan gatherings) to devote money and items to have your own ritual regalia?

*side note, here is the site, and this is what i'm actually looking at.*
I'm a solitary, but I have a nightgown I use when I'm not skyclad. Sounds lame, but it's a good nightgown. It's old-fashioned and vaguely irish looking.
Its not lame, a nightgown I bought at Wal*Mart is what I'm currently useing until I complete my new robes. My mom was nice enought to hand-sew a bunch of beads around the arme holes and bottom to make prettyer for me. I even wore it to a group ritual down in Melborne (FL), a friend and I attended.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff