Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Songs/Hymns Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 9:55 pm
Hel_911
can anyone give me someone to listen to i am in a it of a delamna
What are the aims of the music?  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 6:56 am
TeaDidikai
Hel_911

If Hel's in a bind, maybe she needs problem solving music? I hear Mozart's got a +int effect on your brain, so maybe something by him's good?  

Maze

PhantomPhoenix0

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 7:37 am
Maze
TeaDidikai
Hel_911

If Hel's in a bind, maybe she needs problem solving music? I hear Mozart's got a +int effect on your brain, so maybe something by him's good?

Actually, its any form of Classical Music, not just Mozart. Mozart was just used in the studies.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 7:45 am
Maze
TeaDidikai
Hel_911

I actually don't know where this myth came from but I think it's total bullshit. No offense or anything. People at spirit fairs here sell cds of Mozart for "The Mozart Effect," and to be honest I find it insulting to the music itself. These Cds are being sold alongside those piles of shite 'mood music,' and it's like one of the greatest composers of the Classical Era is being reduced to mood drivel. Mozart is so much more than that. Sure maybe it does have that effect, but I think having it on in the background just for that effect is disrespectful and ignorant of the actual art of the music.

But I'm a classical music elitist and hate the concept of background music in any way, shape or form. Don't mind me. I just have strong opinions on the subject.  

Pelta

Maze

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 1:41 pm
missmagpie
Maze

I actually don't know where this myth came from but I think it's total bullshit. No offense or anything. People at spirit fairs here sell cds of Mozart for "The Mozart Effect," and to be honest I find it insulting to the music itself. These Cds are being sold alongside those piles of shite 'mood music,' and it's like one of the greatest composers of the Classical Era is being reduced to mood drivel. Mozart is so much more than that. Sure maybe it does have that effect, but I think having it on in the background just for that effect is disrespectful and ignorant of the actual art of the music.

But I'm a classical music elitist and hate the concept of background music in any way, shape or form. Don't mind me. I just have strong opinions on the subject.

Oh, I agree that Mozart's work is worth far more than being background music. But that won't stop me from joking about it. 3nodding I have no idea where this myth began either, but it was on Discovery and several other channels at some point (back when I still watched tv for more than five minutes) so I remembered it.

And besides, nothing wrong with being a classical music elitist. I mean, at least it'll give the rest of us mere musicians something to strive for. wink  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff