Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild
question Bi-Manga Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

LadyNox
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 9:42 am
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 3:19 pm
I never heard before of a bi manga, they're mostly or yaoi or normal kind, I don't know if they're bi focused ones... neutral  

Zachod

protecterofelements

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:52 pm
stupid question, whats bi-manga sweatdrop question  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 6:42 pm
The closest I've seen is After School Nightmare, where the main character is actually intersexed -- male on top, female on bottom*. 3nodding He sees himself as male, but is currently receiving romantic attention from both a boy and girl. He's dating the girl. The boy keeps pushing boundaries and being a d**k and confusing the main character.. so his sexuality is "straight but confused" more than bi.

*Why the hell you wouldn't just assume you're an ugly flat-chested chick I don't know, but there's manga for ya..  

Skizzors
Crew

Miyanda

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:00 am
I would love to see some manga that is clearly about bisexuality and targeted towards bisexuals. I mean, in the sense that is mostly about bisexuality and other relationships might still be explored/shown but it's obvious that the main focus of the comic is bisexuality.

I'm not claiming to be an expert or anything...but here's what I "know" and think :

As far as I know, so far....there's not any romance manga that focuses only mainly or only on this subject...so there's no word for it mainly because it largely doesn't exist (yet).

There may be hints and stuff in other manga about a bisexual character but most manga and anime is either gay/lesbian or "straight" romance when it comes to the relationship part of a series or focus (if it's an obvious romance series or whatever).

If I could be a kickbutt artist, I think I would probably be the first ..."For bisexuals by a bisexual manga creator" and make an online manga about bisexuality.

(I sorta "dabble" in art stuff but I'm not great at it, many people don't consider me an artist...sigh)

I don't really like the idea of calling it "bi-manga" but what else could we possibly call it if we found it?
(besides just "ren'ai")

I agree that something like that could and would fall under many categories due to the fact that it has bisexual characters and stuff in it....  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 5:27 am
Uhm.. Not sure. But I'm starting this one Manga called 'Venus in Love' and it's about a girl and a boy fighting for the love of the boy's best friend.

I only read a sample that I got from the NY convention, and it looks like the boy's winning. ^^

iKaede Fuyou

protecterofelements

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:37 pm
k i got my answer and it would be nice if there was some out there  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:09 pm
hmm i havent heard of it and i think there is any that i know of ;^^  

- A y u C h u -

5,900 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Consumer 0
The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild