Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
Too Much/Too Little??

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

kq_ncaeay

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 4:32 pm
I have a work out regiment that I do daily to try and lose more weight. I've been on plateau for the past 5 weeks [as in, im not gaining but im not loosing either; OR i will loose something like 2 or 3 lbs, and gain it back unexpectedly] and I'm wondering if its my work out thats causing my problems. My mom says that I work out too hard/too often, but I'm not sure if its even enough since I'm not loosing.

3 to 6 sets of crunches -- 1 set=60 crunches
Weight lifting, 6 to 8 sets -- 1 set=25 lifts with each arm, 5 lb weights
Push ups, 2 to 3 sets -- 1 set=25 push ups
Various leg exercises/stretches
30 to 40 minute daily walk, uphill [thats 15 to 20 mins going (very steep) uphill and 15 to 20 mins downhill/flat]

I have a good diet and portion control along with this.

All this stressing about my weight is really making me want to break into the ice cream my parents bought for my birthday... I haven't yet, but Im afraid I will since I'm a stress eater. sweatdrop Its an extremely hard habit to stop, and I've gotten so much better and lost, like, 20 lbs, but I just keep getting deppressed whenever I don't lose ANYTHING after all my work.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 7:11 am
maybe your just making mussle?  

Miya12
Vice Captain

Dillio420

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 2:27 am
Most of your workout is a toning workout. Try doing more cardio, like swimming, runnig, walking, jogging. That kind of stuff. The crappy stuff what makes you winded. It burns calories without building muscle, and muscle weighs more than fat.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 10:32 am
first of all, WELL DONE for losing twenty pounds, that's quite an achievement! i agree with doing more cardio, you could be gaining muscle and losing fat which is why the pounds aren't going down. does your body feel more toned than it did? try maybe measuring your waist and stuff every week to see if you've lost inches, cos that is still progress. what kinds of food are you eating and on average how many calories a day? that could be affecting your weight loss.  

le-half-blood-princess

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games