Submit

Would you....
  Tone it Down
  Stay the Same
View Results

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:05 pm
It's not due to age, but due to comfort that I've had to tone-down my look. Living in Arizona, my favorite webbed-and-pinned leather jacket and buckled boots get way too hot. As such, I save those for special events.

My aesthetic preferences and interest in gothy music genres remain unchanged, however.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:37 am
I personally see no difference in dressing "normally" and "alternative". As long as the child is in a safe, loving, secure environment, I do not think it matters one way or another. The parents still have to be responsible (aka cut back on the clubbing, going out with friends, ext) and teach the child to have a sense of right and wrong (for example: don't go over and hit that kid or cause a scene because you are in a bad mood) and teach them to be kind to people, but avoid strangers. Again, I stress the safe and loving environment.  

Angel of the End

Henneth Annun
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:40 pm
-Resurrected Writer-
It's not due to age, but due to comfort that I've had to tone-down my look. Living in Arizona, my favorite webbed-and-pinned leather jacket and buckled boots get way too hot. As such, I save those for special events.
I'm volunteering at a museum currently, and today I was needed to work outside in the butterfly pavillion for a few hours.

Normally I work inside with the entymology department where I'm allowed to pretty much dress as I please, but today outside, my pants and shirt were so hot in the scalding sun... sweatdrop If only I had known I would not be sheltered away in the marble and steel and stone expanses of the main building...  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:12 pm
XWraith_LordX
-Resurrected Writer-
I'm volunteering at a museum currently, and today I was needed to work outside in the butterfly pavillion for a few hours.

Normally I work inside with the entymology department where I'm allowed to pretty much dress as I please, but today outside, my pants and shirt were so hot in the scalding sun... sweatdrop If only I had known I would not be sheltered away in the marble and steel and stone expanses of the main building...

Isn't it also very humid in a butterfly exhibit?  

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

ProphecyEmpress

Dangerous Worshipper

10,300 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:50 pm
Provided I change my mind and decide to have children, I would likely stay the way I am. There's no sense in having them 'get used to who I really am' later on. They should know who their mother is to begin with. My children would obviously be taught the basics of life so there should be no reason for me to cut back on who I am. I want my child to know that it's okay to be yourself, not realize that I held myself back because I wasn't comfortable with who I was around them. I wouldn't show my kids something inappropriate for their age though. Honestly, that's just irresponsible.

@Resurrected Writer: Oh, lord, yes. The last time I was in one, I felt like I was going to faint. I don't remember if I was wearing a lot of black or not. I remember my glasses fogging up on my way out.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 12:53 am
-Resurrected Writer-
XWraith_LordX
-Resurrected Writer-

Isn't it also very humid in a butterfly exhibit?
Yes. burning_eyes

When I released a cage of new butterflys for the exhibit, they stayed inside the cage and showed no desire to fly out. It was extremely anti-climatic. People watching me were expecting them to burst free in a cloud of color and scatter among the plants, but they just stayed where they were. Not even the butterflys had energy that day... sweatdrop

(Releasing the butterflys into the exhibit always seems to lack a certain energy that you would normally expect from the butterflys, but that day they seemed less excited about flying out of the cage than usual. Lazy...)  

Henneth Annun
Captain

vElvET pUPpet

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 1:48 am
I plan on toning it down. Black will always be my preferred color for clothing and such but spikes and chains wil be put away probably, not just for my kids, but also because I plan on becoming a doctor and not many people would come to me if the way I dressed frightened them.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 5:39 am
Why not just learn to dress for the occasion, if your going to a club, sure go all gothed out, but if your going to a job interview or just out to do some shopping, then tone it down, you can still be gothy just stick to a few accessories.

C'mon its not rocket science people, there is no real choice here, if you dress in full goth style when walking to the shop and don't expect to have abuse hurled your way, then you're a moron.  

Rellik San
Crew

Angel of the End

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:22 pm
Rellik San
Why not just learn to dress for the occasion, if your going to a club, sure go all gothed out, but if your going to a job interview or just out to do some shopping, then tone it down, you can still be gothy just stick to a few accessories.

C'mon its not rocket science people, there is no real choice here, if you dress in full goth style when walking to the shop and don't expect to have abuse hurled your way, then you're a moron.

thank you for posting that 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:21 am
I personally think that if sexual education awareness were taught with more emphasis on "Hey you shouldn't have sex in highschool it isn't worth it" then there wouldn't be any potential of "little Gothic babies".  

Xahmen

SADERR

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:05 am
Hm... I don't know, really.

I may just end up toning down my look as I get older in the first place. It will most certainly change as I grow. I am not nieve to wear the same things at 30 I did at 14. Maybe, maybe not.

My kids, I want them to know what the mainstream is, and if they like it, then so be it. I could care less if my kids dressed prep. A punk kid would certainly be interesting. xP

I will not dress my kids like I dress. I just think that's wrong. They can pick out some clothes at the store once they're old enough to understand what they like.

Like Relik said, dress for the occasion. Things are different sometimes.
(Hell, at the moment I look rather skater-ish).  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:20 pm
Zahmen II
I personally think that if sexual education awareness were taught with more emphasis on "Hey you shouldn't have sex in highschool it isn't worth it" then there wouldn't be any potential of "little Gothic babies".

What world are you on? Doesn't matter how much you tell them not to, they're still going to. Most kids at that age are incredibly stupid xD (... Not that I'm one to talk being of that age my self, but luckily I'm a geek with no life (and proud of it) :b)
And as for me having kids? Haha. NO. I'll admit it, I absolutely HATE the idea of me having to deal with that kind of thing, let alone really even being in a relationship at all. So unless I'm raped (female IRL) I highly doubt I'll ever need to worry about toning it down, at least not for kids. ... Then again, I don't really dress all that goth so I'd have nothing to worry about even then -w-;;  

Sulphuric

Angel of the End

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:30 pm
Zahmen II

Just because you are not getting any talk2hand

Also, what a rude comment. Alot of us (where I live) are decent people, and most of us, reguardless of faith, believe in true love waits. Have you cared to look around? It is mostly the ghetto and preppy chicks who obviously have had sex many a time who become mothers at such an early age.
But I do agree, there would be absolutly no harm done in teaching, "Hey kids, wait. Seriously, you wanna end up like that welfare mother over there? Be in poverty for the rest of your life, or waste these years of your life, and future relationships and possibly be stuck a single mom for the next 18-21 years?"
Seriously, if people would wait, most this stuff would stop... and it's not that big of a deal, but it has huge results.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:11 am
I don't intend to ever have kids.
But as for my style in the future years, I surely don't want to tone it down. I'm toning it down too much now because of my parents. [I'm adult but the "you can do whatever you want after 18" is only theoretical... I am still a student, I live with my parents and I cannot just ignore them.]
In the future, I want to develp my style more into what I really want, as far as financial possibilities allow it [though gothy things can be cheap if you're lucky - right now I'm wearing a beautiful black lacey blouse from a second hand]. I want more black [with dark shades of other colours too] and more elegant things like long skirts, blouses with frills or lace, blazers and such. I think that if I keep a classy/elegant gothic style it won't be a problem at work either [unless I'm somewhere where they use uniforms.]  

Ametrin

Extended Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces