Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply [Rant and Rave]_____GLBT, Life-Topics, Politics, Rants
Gay religion? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What type of religion?
  Monotheism (only one god)
  Monolatry (type of polytheism, more than one god, but only one should be worshipped.)
  Henotheism (more than one god, but one is supreme.)
  Kathenotheism (more than one god, but only one should be worshipped at one time. each is supreme in turn.)
  Panentheism (universe contained within a deity greater than the universe
  Strong Agnosticism (it is impossible and will always be impossible to say whether there is a god)
  Pantheism (universe is identical to a deity.)
  Weak Agnosticism (it is impossible to say right now whether there is a god, but hopefully we'll find more evidence.)
  Weak Atheism (Absence of belief in the presence of a deity)
  Deism (Belief that a deity created the universe, but does not interact with it)
View Results

Kuroi Kokoro no Mendori

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 10:17 pm
LadyNox
As my friend when I told her about this thread: "Then how about we make being Black, Asian, Spanish, etc. religious too? >>;"

As many have already said, this is really silly. Being part of a religious organization doesn't mean discrimination stops. If you're Islamic (or fit the stereotype) you are so going to be discriminated against. This is happening right now in the United States of America.

I'm not saying it STOPS. I'm saying it's illegal, and will diminish, because people won't want to be sued. Discrimination will never stop entirely. Furthermore, I didn't make this thread so that we could argue about whether a religion would be viable, I made it so you could give suggestion about what said religion should be like.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 9:44 am
For the love of Legato... it already IS illegal to discriminate people for any reason according to federal US law (this includes discrimination based on sex, ethnicity, religion AND sexuality) and discrimination is still rife against each of those groups. Your little speech about people slowly stopping due to the threat of being sued is totally ridicolous; better to build up tolerance and starting your own false fraud of a religion won't solve a thing and would most likely only increase hostility and intolerance in both camps, assuming you even get anywhere with it.
What part of that is so hard for you to understand? I'm not even going to suggest what it'd be like... You've already explained it too well yourself, a religion without faith or sound and solid foundations. It's purely laughable and no one in their right mind would take such a thing seriously.

As for your speech on homophobia and - ehem - "pro-homosexuality" - you really, really need a reality check.  

[OMFG NARKI]

For-Chan Cookie
Captain

7,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 12:08 am
Ok...so let me get this straight. You want to make a farcical "gay" religion, with no actual religion or faith behind it. It is merely to be used as some sort of shield against the evil oppressors. Because obviously this fake religion will automatically get people off their back? How the hell does that even make sense? Seriously! What kind of logic (if any) does that follow?  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 9:26 am
I think all the contridictory statements he has made and the continual refusal to listen to people's opinions regarding the matter speaks for itself, For-Chan.  

[OMFG NARKI]

eduardo galpaleano

Liberal Ladykiller

9,400 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 6:48 pm
I think if you break it off from another religion (Catholism or Christianity being the ideal... although I am not either) and then only really change the rules that are anti-homosexuality, it could be considered an eligible religion, as you suggested earlier.

Of course, the main problem would be there is no ideal religion if you are a homosexual Jew, Muslim, etc...

I personally, am an athiest, which isn't even really a religion. It's more of a "To each their own" religion...  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 9:01 pm
I think all this gay religion thing isn't a good idea. I mean, yeah, I can see why gays would want to come together to help one and an other, but a religon is a religon because it has something to do with "How life began" and how you should life your life. Basing a religion only on being gay will not do. Gay is what gender you like, it is not how you should live a life. And if being gay could be a religion, don't you think it would be done before now?  

Dante_Giovanni

ritsukaxsoubix3

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 2:19 pm
I think it's a good idea...but do you REALLY think you're going to be able to make a religion like that? Especially with freaking Bush as our president. I'd say do it once he leaves. lol  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 1:50 am
Wow. A lot of unnecessary hostily in this thread. Cool your jets, guys.

Someone brought up a very good point. Most Christians today don't abide by Leviticus anymore. Some parts of it, anyway. This is what annoys me about most Christians today; they pick and choose what they want to believe from their own religious texts. Leviticus states that homosexuality is wrong, and people rally behind that sacred word without a second thought. But if they... say... tried to sell their daughter into slavery and used Leviticus as a justification, they'd be ridiculed even by their fellow Christians. It's pure madness.

If you wanted to start a religion, I'd say have some solid backing in faith. Homosexuals are already protect from discrimination by law, but that doesn't stop the victims of hate crimes from being ignored by the legal system. Forming a religion to protect them would change nothing, and would probably just make things worse in the long run.

It's funny. n.n; My fiance and I were joking earlier that we should start a religion based on the teachings of Jesus rather than the Bible. Because Jesus, he was a ********' cool guy.

Kami Llama

[Rant and Rave]_____GLBT, Life-Topics, Politics, Rants

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces