Submit

The Baudelaire Orphans are
  In a land filled with happiness and love
  in a land filled with woe and misery
  just children who are not bright enough to know what goes on in the world
View Results

arugala

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 1:31 pm
I love that series to death. Daniel Handler - er, I mean, Lemony Snicket is an excellent writer. But the thirteenth and fourteenth books were a cheat. A cliffhanger with a unhelpful afterwards. The Unauthorized Biography was unhelpful and though Lemony Snicket was funny and sarcastic, if he had just ended the series on a somewhat more filling note, I wouldn't be as pissed that I spent about ten bucks on that book that is currently festering, unreread on my messy bookshelf. I'm sorry fellow Snicket fans but I just don't think the ending was a good one.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 5:46 pm
No, it really wasn't a good ending. I'd been waiting five years for that ending, and what did I get? Disappointment.
Oh, well. It was a great ride while it lasted.
The movie, on the other hand, was not a great ride. I went to see the movie once, in a theatre, and it was IN theatre two. That killed the elf bit. I actually ended seeing it twice in theaters, the second time, it was in theater three, with a bloody-gorey horror movie playing in theatre two. Lol. Oh, and did anyone notice, but the littlest e;f's friend had a gun and ammo? hmmmm...  

nuit_douce

Shy Mechanic

Black_Rose10

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 5:52 pm
The series is pretty good. I think the books would be most enjoyed by fourth through sixth graders but can be loved by all. They are a little repetitive: Get away:Get captured:Get away. But its alway very intresting how they accomplish it making you want to pick up the next book. I liked the ending,It gets the reader to think of what might happen next.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 4:19 pm
I really like these book. I haven't read the last two yet, because I was reading them because my brother was, and he stopped reading them so... yeah.
I do plan to finish them eventually though.

I'm afraid to read the posts on this thread, 'cause it seems nobody was happy with the ending. Which I'm gonna assume means that the Baudelaires didn't get their happily ever after...

I love the way they're written. I know its childish and simple, but its so easy to read. Its like, the sort of books you read on a bus when you jsut want something simple that you don't have to think about too much yet still takes your mind off the journey.

And I really liked the movie too. I reckon its the last good movie Jim Carreys done. Well, till he does A Christmas Carol next year... Even if Olaf was changed a little.

Speaking of which, isn't Olaf just a genius of a character? I love him! Ahem.

Foolish Catalyst

Nimue_of_Avalon

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 3:10 pm
I haven't read these yet so do you think it's worth getting them or is the ending just too horrible to make it worth it. I've tried not to read the comments in too much detail because I didn't want to spoil it just in case I do read it but I read enuf to see that most everyone was disappointed at the last.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:06 pm
gonk I stopped somewhere along the fifth book. It's so depressing! I couldn't take it anymore. It was like a disease, you just had to keep reading but you didn't want to... An endless cycle of depression... I like happy endings... no happy ending in sight, I couldn't finish....  

Azaveil

8,050 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Signature Look 250

babie3000

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:37 pm
CrownPrincessLaya
am i the only other person who actually likes this series? I mean it so awsome!

( I was a little disappointed in the last one though)  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 11:06 am
I love the series. I've read in order (sort of) to actually enjoy them. I don't really care if they are for little kids. They're awesome. I want to see the movie (I love Jim Carrey! He's the best!) but I guess I never really have the time. Ha Ha.

I have a few of the books...I just need to look at which...  

Destined Savior

Demonic Businesswoman

10,825 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Conversationalist 100

russyhail

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:17 am
I think it's pretty nice...But at the latter part of the series, it gets kinda boring...for me  
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 6:25 am
I guess it's okay...but when i got to Book 8, I started to get bored.
I don't really know why, I thought it was a great series when I read the first ones, but I just seemed to get bored with it. It's just my opinion.  

nemifan101

Flarityxx18

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 12:37 pm
I used to love these books! But I have to re-read them sometime soon. I re-read the first one, but I need to get a little refresher. I read the last one like, the minute it came out. I finished 1-11 in 3rd and 4th grade. Poor kiddies... sad

I also noticed that they're very mature for their ages. I mean, Klaus is only, what, 12 and he's already read how many books in the Baudelaire library? That's insane. Also Sunny is a really smart baby, actually helping Klaus and Violet with their plans. I don't know of any babies that would even know what was going on. I love Lemony Snicket for doing that, making them smart. The ending was very good though...I'm sorry, he left us hanging off a cliff. We need to know if they moved off the island, dude!

But these books are brilliant. The movie sucked though, it was all wrong. The Marvolous Marriage was supposed to be at the end of The Bad Beginning, not The Wide Window! And I noticed that Klaus didn't have glasses, and neither him nor Violet looked their ages. But I think Jim Carrey did a pretty good job playing Olaf. He looked exactly how I pictured him when I was reading the books.  
Fantasy Books Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff