Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply [Rant and Rave]_____GLBT, Life-Topics, Politics, Rants
How can people like this be allowed to exist? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sezebel

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 11:39 am
Wikipedia
Fred Waldron Phelps, Sr. (born November 13, 1929) is the highly controversial leader of the Westboro Baptist Church, based out of his home in Topeka, Kansas. Phelps is best known for preaching that God hates homosexuals and will punish both them and "f** enablers"

God does not hate homosexuals. He hates homosexuality.
Which means he hates the "sin" but loves the person.
In Christian belief he is taught as a loving God.

Quote:
(which his church defines as anyone whom they find to be insufficiently anti-gay). He claims events such as the September 11 attacks and Hurricane Katrina are caused by God because of this hatred. He and his followers frequently picket various events, especially gay pride gatherings and funerals of gay men, feeling it is their sacred duty to share their views with others.

God flooded the world to rid it of it's sins.
Since it didn't work he created the rainbow as to show he would never do that again.
Since the world had been given to man as a gift of freewill.
So September 11th and Katrina are acts of nature's force and the will to destroy humanity.
Not God's doing.
Do you honestly think if God wanted to punish us, he would be a little more messy and extravigate? ( i.e. the world flood )

Quote:
Phelps is a self-described "fire and brimstone" preacher who believes that homosexuality and its acceptance have sentenced most of the world to eternal damnation. His group is estimated to number between 100-200 members (90 of whom are related to Phelps through blood or marriage). The group is built around an anti-homosexual core theology, with many of their activities stemming from the mantra "God hates fags," which is also the name of the group's webpage. Gay rights activists, as well as Christians of virtually every affiliation, have denounced him as a producer of anti-gay propaganda and violence-inspiring hate speech.

There will always be radicals in religioins, such as the muslims, Christians, mormans etc.
The sad part about that is they give the entire religion a bad face.
Because Muslims teach peace, Christians teach love and I don't know what the morman's teach, but I am learning it!
So, please, do not judge all Christians as radical "f**" haters.
Because my mum is not one of those people.

And if homosexuals, bisexuals and lesbians are all going to condemn the entire religion ( ie. Christians/muslims/mormans/lutherans. ) because of the radicals in the religion then you are no better than them.

Yes, it's true, there have been personal experiences, media attention and stories that we've all heard about religions hating on the different sexualities of the world, but if you are going to catergories every single person in that religion as a "f** hater" and judge them based on their religion then you are no better than the radicals themselves, because they judge and catergorize all homosexuals, lesbians and bisexuals as perverts and hell acceptee's.

No. I am not Christian. >_0 I just study religions on my free time.
I also happen to bisexual.

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 4:20 pm
One flaw in your argument - I don't hate all christians, or any other religion for that matter. Nor do I consider them "f**-haters". Thanks loads.  

Kuroi Kokoro no Mendori

[OMFG NARKI]

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 4:22 pm
Well, you made it look like that previously. Thanks for clearifying, though.  
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 8:04 pm
Kuroi Kokoro no Mendori
One flaw in your argument - I don't hate all christians, or any other religion for that matter. Nor do I consider them "f**-haters". Thanks loads.

I never said you hate Christians or all Christians.
That wasn't what I was saying, let alone arguing.
I was just stating my opinion to the quote made about the preacher. >_o

Sezebel

Bloodyblade666

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 9:47 am
Some people fear what is not understood and it does say in the bible, gay is wrong, what i don;t like is how ppl view the bible as god word. I tended to look at it as a moral book.  
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 9:34 pm
I am an athiest, so my views on the bible are obviously a bit more biased then that of others, but I still doubt highly that if there were an upper force, they would not create something for the soul purpose of wanting to banish it...  

eduardo galpaleano

Liberal Ladykiller

9,400 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Kuroi Kokoro no Mendori

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 11:04 am
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  
PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 6:20 pm
Btw, the whole "in context" thing you were talking about, it's "Man shall not lie with man" and in context it's talking about having sex for wrong reasons... the sake of pleasuring yourself, rather than an intimate act of love (as it should be). I used to get bashed about that all the time whenever id explain it in context... because people don't like to admit they're wrong, so I must be the one that's wrong.  

Shadow_Orexia

Kuroi Kokoro no Mendori

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 8:44 pm
Shadow_Orexia
Btw, the whole "in context" thing you were talking about, it's "Man shall not lie with man" and in context it's talking about having sex for wrong reasons... the sake of pleasuring yourself, rather than an intimate act of love (as it should be). I used to get bashed about that all the time whenever id explain it in context... because people don't like to admit they're wrong, so I must be the one that's wrong.

Really? I've never heard it interpreted that way.... Cool!  
PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 2:29 pm
Figured that this was relevant to the subject at hand...
Apparently the US congress has hampered the works of this certain Mr. Fred Phelps. Read more about it here: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/5015552.stm
Apparently the US Congress has managed to make legal hinders to his activities.  

[OMFG NARKI]

[Rant and Rave]_____GLBT, Life-Topics, Politics, Rants

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces