Welcome to Gaia! ::

Guild of Vegans and Vegetarians

Back to Guilds

Join vegetarians and supporters for discussion on health, cooking, and ethical issues! 

Tags: Food, Vegan, Vegetarian, Animal, Cooking 

Reply Guild of Vegans and Vegetarians
Information Posts Needed! *Get Paid* Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Peppermint Cherry

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 9:36 am
I know alot about the whole egg and milk industry and about some things that not many people know about fast food(not the industry just the food it's self)  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 9:58 pm
If you like what I've posted feel free to toss some gold my way.  

SiDeLeSs_cUbE

WORMTAIL IS CUTE

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 12:51 pm
Ailinea
Alright, I'll admit it. I've been slack in coming up with some good informational posts for this guild. So I'm going to take the next best way out of it: make someone else do it. So here's what I want to do:

Create a thread with information on a particular topic that isn't too broad that would be helpful to either people transitioning to veg*nism or for folks who have been veg*n for some time. Make it relevant to the guild, of course.

What do I mean by informational posts? A good one would be (and this is taken from the other guild) "What is meat?" or perhaps "Moving to Veg*nism for the Omnivore" or something like that. You're of course free to come up with your own titles.

If I see a good informational thread (and you're allowed to have more than one post in your thread), I'll award you 1,000 gold or more, depending on the content of your thread. Please do not repeat a topic from anyone else or steal information from the old guild. This is to be your creation. Feel free to join in with a friend and create a thread with the two of you explaining your topic.

Things I look for in a good informational thread:
* Correct spelling, punctuation, and grammar
* Well formed paragraphs that are concise and easy to read
* Sources listed to back up your information or for further reading
* Nothing that is plagiarised. If discovered you have plagiarised information without quoting or citing the original author, a ban will be considered. Don't do it.

You may create threads in the guild and I will take a look at them. If you want to PM me to let me know you've created a topic that you like, go ahead and I will look at it as soon as possible.

Oh, and I'm buying an ad so other people can participate and contribute. Good luck!
one just posted one in this guild ill send you the link..
http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?page=1&t=8733691  
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 6:41 pm
umm i know about,
the impact of the meat industry on the enviornment
good ways to get protein (for new vegetarians)

i can't think of anything else at the mo'
where should i post these and how long should they be?  

electric geisha

SugarBlue Sunshine

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 5:47 pm
Could the environmental/economic/sociocultural/moral/etc.etc. link between the organics industry and veganism be an informative thread? I am really passionate about both topics, but I don't know how interested people would be in organic food/clothing and for my part it would focus primarily on veganism because I've never really been a vegetarian so I can't speak much for or about vegetarians. But I'm planning on writing a graduate thesis revolving around organic farming practices, and would really love the opportunity to speak and discuss with people who may or may not know anything about it but are on the same general ground as I am as far as opinions may go. Please PM me with your answer, I would be really grateful.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 12:35 pm
How about Different types and sub-types of vegetarians ? A lot of people seemed confused on that, I've met several people who think I would be considered vegan because I don't eat chicken. sweatdrop
So I'll create a post about the dif. categories of veg*nisim  

xodellabellaox

VeggieCaptain
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 3:43 pm
Dellabella, there actually already is a post on that, but I do thank you for your input anyway. ^^

SugarBlue: That actually sounds like an interesting topic, probably because I'm a bit of an organic freak myself. I'm not really sure how it would fall in the category of being an informative thread on common issues, but nonetheless I'd still like to take a good look at it.

Electric: Ways to obtain protein for veg*ns sounds like an awesome topic. I think that's one of the major issues veg*ns run into when confronted about their diet, and also how some seem to neglect it. I would like to see that.

Sorry for the late response, everyone; in the past month I've had a lot going on in my real life, including renewing my vegetarianism. I should be back for a little bit. ^^  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 1:44 am
Reading through the forum I hear a lot of vegetarians say they'd love to be vegan but can't give up dairy products. I'm making a new forum that lists soy-based alternatives to dairy products. heart

17 hours later...

Ooookaaay, that was a little more difficult than I initially thought. I ended up researching products online all night. There were many items I found recommended by vegan websites that turned out to be not 100% vegan. Afraid of suggesting a non-vegan product, I actually read all of the information for all of the products I found, including the ingredients and manufacturing processes. I tried to select items that would be available to large group both in the US and the UK/Europe. I'm still not 100% satisfied with the topic that was created. I'd like to find more products with more variety. I may take some trips to several chain grocery stores and whole foods markets for help. It's a work in progress!  

Hema Labhsha

xX_iCE_ScREAm_Xx

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 3:31 pm
hmmmmm......what about ppl that want to be vegatarian/vegan
but think its too hard?
topic: IS IT TOO HARD?
me and my bestie had a system to become vegs
and we still use it on other ppl to become vegs

and i also have a number you can call to get a free vegatarian starter
kitt full of info. posters stickers ect.
and it gives you things to give to other ppl to persuade them to
become veg

like the idea?
reply er PM me plis!!!!  
Guild of Vegans and Vegetarians

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items