Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply [Rant and Rave]_____GLBT, Life-Topics, Politics, Rants
[Discussion/Parents] Only some parents accept yaoi? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Why do parents hate yaoi
  They aren't used to it.
  They were exposed to homophobism in childhood.
  They're embarressed that people might find out.
  They're stupid.
  POLL WHORE. RAPE THIS OPTION.
View Results

Rejekted_Heart

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 7:12 pm
both my parents would freak and disown me, not before hitting me pretty gard though... sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 10:44 pm
Well my sister knows and she said it's my problem.

Mom found out Saturday actually... sweatdrop She laughed at me...

Dad...I wouldn't exactly tell dad...He would make fun of me(Not to hurt my feeling)...But yeah...No...

Mom hasn't told dad because I told her not to tell him and she brought up something totally random... stare  

Yumi_Kirei

Myami

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 10:08 pm
My dad's a very firm Christian, and I'm his only child. But I have two half-siblings; he dislikes them. My half-sister, twenty seven, incredibly close to me, is bi. Dad has always liked her a LOT more than my straight brother, who is also a father, even when she was dating/living with girls. But... I'm his daughter. He says he wouldn't consider her his child.

It really... really upsets and hurts me when I hear some of the stuff he has to say about homosexuals. And I really don't think it's right at all. Isn't God supposed to love and accept everyone as equals? Of course, as stated in Earthian... falling in love is putting one person above all others.

But eh... that's the only reason he would have to react badly to my little secret. Religion and God, and how I used to be such a good little Christian girl.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 9:22 pm
i picked the their stupid option cause its kinda true but i think that most parents have proplemes acepting that there child is reading anything with people kising and the fact that its guys kissing is just pushing it a bit also they may be exstremley homophobic which suks.  

yukaritomo

Rainbow Hoarder

31,525 Points
  • Lapin Patrol Haldus: Victory! 100
  • Hero 100
  • Lapin Patrol Avior: Victory! 50

marrrow

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 9:26 pm
My parents are cool: my dad was raised Catholic and my mom was raised Prodestant and they don't mind me reading it or watching it. My dad even listens to me babble about my favorite yaoi pairing (then again, he listens to me babble about everything.)

Rejekted_Heart
both my parents would freak and disown me, not before hitting me pretty gard though... sweatdrop

That reminds me of the reaction my friend's mom would give her (not her dad 'cause he's way cool.) But yaoi scares her so it doesn't really matter. (I scare her when I want to talk to someone about it and she's the poor, unlucky person that happens to be on the phone with me at the time. twisted )  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 4:11 pm
I'd have to disagree with pretty much all of that. xd My mother is a widow, but even if my father were still around, I doubt she'd care if I read yaoi. She's also much stricter with my younger sister than she is with me. (I'm allowed to buy whatever yaoi manga I want, my sister can't even read Chobits, despite the fact I was younger than her when I first bought the series.) She also went to Church every day growing up, but is still as liberal as the come. I never went to Mass as a child, instead, I grew up on a steady diet of Nova and The Simpsons.

So, it can vary wildly. I doubt there's any one measuring stick that would work accross the board.

princessMeep

Shy Saint

4,050 Points
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Timid 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
[Rant and Rave]_____GLBT, Life-Topics, Politics, Rants

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers