Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

.+Melanthios+.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 4:26 pm
GilAskan
Fenrir Air of Moonlight
I wouldn't know since i'm wiccan, even though christianity tryed to snuff out past pagans.

And pagans tried to snuff out Christians.

"All actions have an an equal and opposite reaction"

this cycle continues with all religions, doesn't it?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 5:01 pm
.+Melanthios+.
GilAskan
Fenrir Air of Moonlight
I wouldn't know since i'm wiccan, even though christianity tryed to snuff out past pagans.

Unfortunately.

Pagans kill Christians.
Christians kill Pagans.
Christians kill Muslims.
Muslims now kill Christians.

This system is particularly when you take into consideration how much abuse Jews have taken (easily the most persecuted group, religious or otherwise, in history), and therefore...  

GilAskan
Crew

.+Melanthios+.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 6:41 pm
GilAskan
.+Melanthios+.
GilAskan
Fenrir Air of Moonlight

Unfortunately.

Pagans kill Christians.
Christians kill Pagans.
Christians kill Muslims.
Muslims now kill Christians.

This system is particularly when you take into consideration how much abuse Jews have taken (easily the most persecuted group, religious or otherwise, in history), and therefore...

[completely off-topic]
by the way: I love the "All actions have an an equal and opposite reaction". I'd rather apply that to life than science anthime.... stare
[/completely off-topic]  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 1:56 pm
Edward Grimm
Christianity, the religeon gets alot of bad press, from a large chunk of people, as a devout Christian for around 7 months now I find it odd that we're one of the most insulted religeons. Anyway, I'm just curious to see what everyone here thinks about Christians, personal experiences with christians. Views on christians. biggrin

It a controlling religion, I use to be a fanatical. (literally) now I am what i use to despise and want to kill. (literally)  

Hunter of the Dammed

Alice_K8

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 3:11 am
Amon the Halfbreed

It a controlling religion, I use to be a fanatical. (literally) now I am what i use to despise and want to kill. (literally)

What denomination did you follow?
If you were despising and wanting to kill things, you were doing it wrong v.v
Hatred and violence are not a part of christianity. Of course christians have somtimes been and are still are hateful and violent, but they aren't supposed to be.
God still loves you : D  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 7:33 pm
Demon princess of Love
A Dark Knight
i am sorry if i offend anyone but i can't stand Christians, they're the most ignorant, arrogant, close-minded, and hipocritical people on the earth. and i'm surrounded by them! sad it's not what they believe in that makes me not like them. but how it makes them think. not only do they reject everything/one else whether they're right or not, but they won't even question theirselves to make sure that they're right. they think that if something is in the Bible then it is true and right and everything else is wrong and a lie. and if ur not Christian ur going to hell. and then they don't even follow half of what it says. they won't question anything... they're either just to dumb to even think about it or they're to afraid that they might find out something they don't like.
this makes me more sad than mad...
so i just try not to even talk to them cuz most won't listen to u anyways and the rest dont care.
if i were invovled in something as important as religion, i would at least pick one that made sense and dedicate myself completely to it.

I must say, you are mistaken about this. The church has been wrong before (obviously), and they have acknowledged many of these mistakes. I speak even of the Catholic Church, which is often seen as the most corrupt and dogmatic sect of the whole body of Christ. I have had many recent personal experiences with them, in fact, that have shown me that even the Catholics are willing to re-examine what they believe. Just because they are slow to do it sometimes, that doesn’t make them unwilling to change.

Did you know? Catholics aren’t supposed to hate Protestants any more. They once did. I heard that from the mouth of the priest at my boyfriend’s church.

Catholic dogma still says Protestants are heretics.  

zz1000zz
Crew

mechanical kitsy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 8:30 pm
if someone gives me sh!t about my religion, then no, i dont like them. if they give me sh!t period, i dont like them. evil i never bring up someone's religion, even if they bring up mine.
but it seems a lot of christians do give me sh!t about being a Witch, mainly because they dont understand.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 3:03 am
zz1000zz
Demon princess of Love
A Dark Knight
i am sorry if i offend anyone but i can't stand Christians, they're the most ignorant, arrogant, close-minded, and hipocritical people on the earth. and i'm surrounded by them! sad it's not what they believe in that makes me not like them. but how it makes them think. not only do they reject everything/one else whether they're right or not, but they won't even question theirselves to make sure that they're right. they think that if something is in the Bible then it is true and right and everything else is wrong and a lie. and if ur not Christian ur going to hell. and then they don't even follow half of what it says. they won't question anything... they're either just to dumb to even think about it or they're to afraid that they might find out something they don't like.
so i just try not to even talk to them cuz most won't listen to u anyways and the rest dont care.
if i were invovled in something as important as religion, i would at least pick one that made sense and dedicate myself completely to it.

I must say, you are mistaken about this. The church has been wrong before (obviously), and they have acknowledged many of these mistakes. I speak even of the Catholic Church, which is often seen as the most corrupt and dogmatic sect of the whole body of Christ. I have had many recent personal experiences with them, in fact, that have shown me that even the Catholics are willing to re-examine what they believe. Just because they are slow to do it sometimes, that doesn’t make them unwilling to change.

Did you know? Catholics aren’t supposed to hate Protestants any more. They once did. I heard that from the mouth of the priest at my boyfriend’s church.

Not in the catholic church I attend, so either my church is ahead of the times, or yours is behind them.  

Alice_K8

Pixelated Awesome

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 4:07 pm
Edward Grimm
Christianity, the religeon gets alot of bad press, from a large chunk of people, as a devout Christian for around 7 months now I find it odd that we're one of the most insulted religeons. Anyway, I'm just curious to see what everyone here thinks about Christians, personal experiences with christians. Views on christians. biggrin

Personally, as an Ex-Christian, I can see what people get at. Christianity is one of the largest religious groups in the world, along with being one of the most converting. The true annoyance of Christianity comes within the non-violent crap, such as "Oh, I guess you're going to hell. Poor you." And other judgemental BS. The second true annoyance, is their Arrogance, and belief that whatever they do in the name of god is just. But, among those, are the Extremists, who will literally proclaim themselves as a weapon of God. Such as blowing up an abortion clinic. I don't know whether you remember that or not... but it was a Christian Crime, done in the name of the Christian god. There are many kinds of Christians, but I only pointed out a few here, to make a point.

I'm not saying it's NOT OK to be christian, personally, I don't care. But if you ARE gonna be a Christian, live up to your damn beliefs, and don't be hypocritical. Violence and Judgement will get you NO WHERE FAST. Being Judgemental is not right, nor is it in the Bible to critisize(SC?) your neighbor. It doesn't say kill your non-believing neighbors either. KNOW what you are reading.

Funnily enough, this moment of truth is coming from an Atheist. xd  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 6:26 pm
Demon princess of Love
zz1000zz
Demon princess of Love
A Dark Knight

Not in the catholic church I attend, so either my church is ahead of the times, or yours is behind them.

Your church? Catholics do not get to have individual standards on these things. The Church decides these things. When the Vatican makes a decision, it is the Catholic decision.

If your church does not follow the Catholic rules, regulations and beliefs as set by the Vatican, then it is not a Catholic church.  

zz1000zz
Crew

xAsh-chanx

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:44 pm
Personally I think what you believe does not make me dislike you anymore than anything else. I don't have a problem with christians though as of recently the idea has been kind of scary to me.

I find myself afraid not to believe in in..in case it is real..I'm scared to go to hell.

Not like I'd go to heaven anyways though. I'm gay. And apparently god hates gays.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 9:59 pm
I am technically a christian, but I've recently decided that I don't agree with half the stuff church tells me and the stuff my Mom tells me. And now, I have my own little religion-thing. (no i didnt make my own religion, i just set my own damn standards) Well, as far as the "preach to everyone" thing, i HATE it, sure spread Gods word, but everyone has heard it by now and they just wanna punch you in the face when you bring it up am i right?  

LazyDruid

6,100 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Trader 100
  • Citizen 200

GilAskan
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 5:05 am
xAsh-chanx
Personally I think what you believe does not make me dislike you anymore than anything else. I don't have a problem with christians though as of recently the idea has been kind of scary to me.

I find myself afraid not to believe in in..in case it is real..I'm scared to go to hell.

Not like I'd go to heaven anyways though. I'm gay. And apparently god hates gays.

Depends on how you interpret the Bible.

There are a few passages which condemn homosexuals, but there are just as many which claim homosexuality is acceptable. And for more than either are there passages which simply say "God loves ALL of his children".  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 5:06 am
myblazablesoul
I am technically a christian, but I've recently decided that I don't agree with half the stuff church tells me and the stuff my Mom tells me. And now, I have my own little religion-thing. (no i didnt make my own religion, i just set my own damn standards) Well, as far as the "preach to everyone" thing, i HATE it, sure spread Gods word, but everyone has heard it by now and they just wanna punch you in the face when you bring it up am i right?

Technically speaking, a Christian is a follower of Christ. Not a follower of a Christian church, essentially. If you believe in the teachings of Christ, it really doesn't matter what churches tell you outside of that.  

GilAskan
Crew

Extended Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas