Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply [The Pocky Shop]____Discussion Of Pre-Existing Creations (Anime/Manga/Books)
[Yoshinaga Fumi]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

shojosparkles

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 10:20 pm
This thread is to discuss anything relating to Yoshinaga Fumi.

Yoshinaga's works:
Antique Bakery - liscensed by DMP - Volumes 1-3 already out
Gerard Et Jacques - liscensed by Blu - First volume due in Sept.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 10:25 pm
That said, I CAN'T BELIEVE GERARD ET JACQUES WAS LISCENSED!!!
YESSSSSSSS! X)  

shojosparkles

Iciak

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 4:45 am
I live in Europe, so I don't really care about American releases, but I love Fumi Yoshinaga, she's one of my absolutely favourite manga artists. Gerard et Jacques, Antique Bakery, Genme wa Yaruki no Minpo, Tsuki to Sandarum, Solfege - all of these place high in my personal TOP ranking.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 5:01 am
I love Antique Bakery. I think it's just awesome and I fell in love with it as soon as I started reading. I really love those bakery boys, they work together so well. 3nodding

As for Gerard et Jaques, that one never quite caught my attention. I started reading it, but just left off because it didn't hook me.  

For-Chan Cookie
Captain

7,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Clambake 200

Kalloway

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:02 am
I'll pick up pretty much anything with her name on it. I simply adore her poignant shorts and entrancing series, along with her very distinct artwork. Glad to see a thread like this on here. ^_^  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 9:10 pm
Oh I'm so glad to see a thread for Fumi Yoshinaga. As most have said before, her work is really amazing and I absolutely love it. I own a lot of her books as well.

Has anyone seen the first episode of the Antique Bakery anime. It's actually one of her works that I haven't had a chance to read but the anime was adorable! Though I really hate it when animation companies decide to design half the world in computer graphics. Looks so weird!  

LadyNox
Vice Captain

Skizzors
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:49 am
I love Fumi Yoshinaga! :D I've read, um.. Antique Bakery, Solfege, Garden Dreams, Lovers in the Night, and Truly Kindly.

I really want to check out her other licensed stuff. Yama.. hooty.. somethin'.. and Gerard et Jacques. <3

Also. ANTIQUE BAKERY ANIME YES.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 12:10 pm
Skizzors
I love Fumi Yoshinaga! :D I've read, um.. Antique Bakery, Solfege, Garden Dreams, Lovers in the Night, and Truly Kindly.

I really want to check out her other licensed stuff. Yama.. hooty.. somethin'.. and Gerard et Jacques. <3

Also. ANTIQUE BAKERY ANIME YES.

Solfege was adorable. I think that was the book that converted me to her. My favorite is The Moon and Sandals. Too cute! I really liked Truly Kindly too. The serial killer story was so good!  

LadyNox
Vice Captain

Skizzors
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 2:27 pm
I liked Solfege, but the relationship just kinda weirded me out. Whassisname, not the teacher, was too immature and naive, and I'm not really into that.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:31 am
Tachibana..! Tachibana! WHERE IS YOUR STUBBLE?! crying *kicks at the anime*  

Skizzors
Crew

yusono

4,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Critic 0
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:15 pm
It's been so hard for me to find anyone who has even heard of her! I'm so extactic you wouldn't believe it.

I've read most of her stuff out in America, except Gerard et Jacques. I can never find it, and the one time I did I didn't have any money or any time. Then it was gone. I'll just order it someday.

Has anyone seen the live action of Antique Bakery?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 5:17 am
yusono
It's been so hard for me to find anyone who has even heard of her! I'm so extactic you wouldn't believe it.

I've read most of her stuff out in America, except Gerard et Jacques. I can never find it, and the one time I did I didn't have any money or any time. Then it was gone. I'll just order it someday.

Has anyone seen the live action of Antique Bakery?
Rulin' ya universes...

No... I heard they cut the slashy bits out sad

@Skizzors: welll... he has a liiiittle stubble, at least? xD
...since 1992.

User_2629207

yusono

4,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Critic 0
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:36 pm
They did gonk
Ono just couldn't talk to women.
Also they changed Chikage quite a bit. He seemed far more gruff then he did in the manga. Quite a bit more commanding.

I still thought it was cute, though.

[The Pocky Shop]____Discussion Of Pre-Existing Creations (Anime/Manga/Books)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games