Welcome to Gaia! ::

Band Nerd Guild

Back to Guilds

The coolest most awesome most BAND NERDIEST place EVER! 

Tags: band, nerd, music 

Reply Band Nerd Guild
Administration Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 294 295 296 297

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Terra of the Lilies
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:31 pm
    We started masterclasses for just music stuff back in march, too. xd I think it helps a lot, though. Students don't learn anything music-wise in middle school (the programs aren't very good...), so not only do we need to work on marching like crazy, but music's added to that. Since we're going to grand nationals for the first time, too, I think they wanted to make sure we started early.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:55 am
    I'd like to make a random, non-band related note so I can tell this to someone who doesn't already know... xd

There was an earthquake around here! I didn't even know we got them in Maryland... xd I woke up at 5 AM, and considering how smart I am in the morning, I thought it was from my cat jumping off of something, and then I went back to sleep. That might be one of the only earthquakes I experience, and I slept through it.

Aaaand I'm done. xd

Terra of the Lilies
Crew

T i f a
Vice Captain

Omnipresent Entrepreneur

10,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:21 pm
From what I've been told, everywhere experiences earthquakes due to the tectonic plates moving. It's just a matter of how big the quakes are. Most are so small that you can't even feel them.

I drove by the band kids at my old high school last week! I was going to honk at them, but my car horn wasn't as sensitive as I expected, so I didn't get to do it. Bummer.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:11 pm
I haven't been in this thread for awhile!

So, I just found a twitter account for my band...I think it's a joint account made by our staff? All I know is that it's hilarious. xd I love my band's techs.  

Terra of the Lilies
Crew

Tubariffic
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:03 pm
It makes me sad that the growth in the guild makes moderation so unnecessary/impossible.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:44 pm
Can I make a suggestion??? I think that the Frech Horn/mello thread should include Wagner Tuba in the title. Although Wagner Tuba is not as common as horn and mello, it is still played by horn players and is a sickly amazing instrument. I have written some more things on Wagner Tuba in the horn thread if you would like to read that. Thanks!  

candy!x0x0

The Darkness in us All

4,850 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 3:19 pm
Quick question, I'm buying a new Trombone soon, i have a few choices, 'm thinking of getting a Conn. Anyone know any other good trombones? With rotor if possible  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:07 am
I suggest that crew make a better and harder effort of making sure threads are in their proper sub-forums? I'm just annoyed and frustrated by all of the clutter on the main page and not being able to find anything. I know it must be difficult, but at least have a sticky on the importance of thread-in-sub-forum relevance? & have some consequences to those who can't bother to read it and clutter the sub-forums anyway? 'Cause it's not really fair to have one relevant thread be pushed off the page by many other irrelevant threads.  

ravenkitty776

Terra of the Lilies
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 1:00 pm
ravenkitty776
I suggest that crew make a better and harder effort of making sure threads are in their proper sub-forums? I'm just annoyed and frustrated by all of the clutter on the main page and not being able to find anything. I know it must be difficult, but at least have a sticky on the importance of thread-in-sub-forum relevance? & have some consequences to those who can't bother to read it and clutter the sub-forums anyway? 'Cause it's not really fair to have one relevant thread be pushed off the page by many other irrelevant threads.

I'll do what I can, sorry about the problem. I think a lot of the other crew members have been really busy with schoolwork and such lately, and I've been finding that I only have time for join requests these days, due to schoolwork and a family member's health problems.

I'll get on it as soon as I can. Thanks for being patient.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:59 pm
The Darkness in us All
Quick question, I'm buying a new Trombone soon, i have a few choices, 'm thinking of getting a Conn. Anyone know any other good trombones? With rotor if possible
If you have the money get an Edwards  

MHHornfreak
Vice Captain

Fashionable Conversationalist

14,150 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200

MHHornfreak
Vice Captain

14,150 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:38 pm
We should get the new Guild Chat  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:36 pm
Guild newbie question:
I just joined today, and I couldn't find anywhere that could answer my question. Sorry if I'm bugging you in the wrong place.
The front page of the guild says something along the lines of an application. I clicked "Join Guild" in the corner, and I wasn't prompted with anything to put in an application. I just joined the guild.
(Keep in mind, this might must be an error on my part. I lost my internet connection while trying to join. I clicked join guild, reloaded, and Gaia gave me an error saying I was already a member of the guild.)
So, the question: Was I supposed to apply somewhere?

Kikien

Dapper Pants

MHHornfreak
Vice Captain

14,150 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:07 pm
Kikien
Guild newbie question:
I just joined today, and I couldn't find anywhere that could answer my question. Sorry if I'm bugging you in the wrong place.
The front page of the guild says something along the lines of an application. I clicked "Join Guild" in the corner, and I wasn't prompted with anything to put in an application. I just joined the guild.
(Keep in mind, this might must be an error on my part. I lost my internet connection while trying to join. I clicked join guild, reloaded, and Gaia gave me an error saying I was already a member of the guild.)
So, the question: Was I supposed to apply somewhere?
Problem solved i take it?  
Band Nerd Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 294 295 296 297

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces