Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
need help.....losing weight and getting motivation....XP... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

xXRachie RaeXx

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 2:49 pm
Miya12
Daeva
Um... how old are you? In my opinion, a hundred and nine pounds isn't really all that much! I weighed that much for a while before I hit puberty.. and then it all caught up with me. I've noticed, that with me, at least, before puberty, your metabolism is a lot faster, so I could eat pretty much whatever I wanted, whenever I wanted, and not gain even an ounce.. but then.. WHAM! Puberty hits, and along with that, a weight gain.

yeah i found that.
what kinda weight goal are you aiming for?
to get back to 96  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 1:41 pm
Stylengirl877
Miya12
Stylengirl877
Miya12
Stylengirl877
okay....well do you have any tips...

lol. i'm one of the most un-motervated person there is. all i can advice is to think of your goal and how good you'll feel and forse yourself to do some exersise each day. like 40 sit-ups of 10 miles a day on an exersise bike. or buy a puppy 3nodding
I have a puppy and even if I set a goal it doesnt get me going something always pops up... xd

do you walk your puppy twice a day??
what kinda dog is he? my dog is evil
once a day and sometimes I dont do it...

how come? walking the dog should be good motervation to exercise because it has to be done or your dog will get fat  

Miya12
Vice Captain

xXRachie RaeXx

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 3:23 pm
Miya12
Stylengirl877
Miya12
Stylengirl877
Miya12
Stylengirl877
okay....well do you have any tips...

lol. i'm one of the most un-motervated person there is. all i can advice is to think of your goal and how good you'll feel and forse yourself to do some exersise each day. like 40 sit-ups of 10 miles a day on an exersise bike. or buy a puppy 3nodding
I have a puppy and even if I set a goal it doesnt get me going something always pops up... xd

do you walk your puppy twice a day??
what kinda dog is he? my dog is evil
once a day and sometimes I dont do it...

how come? walking the dog should be good motervation to exercise because it has to be done or your dog will get fat
xd Its just that more important things get in the way and I dont have time...  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 3:12 am
i really like the picture in your siggy.

hows the weight loss going? anything progress yet?  

Miya12
Vice Captain

AngelSlave

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 6:45 am
Wow, we are alike. But 109 isn't fat, but I know where you are coming from. My step sisters are all 100lbs and under and I'm 110lbs (and 5'2,so I'm short too), so they always call me the heavy one.My goal is only to either tone my boday to look thinner, or drop ten pounds. But hey, it has some good points, I mean do you have a nice a** or boobs? When you're thinner, you lose them.

As for some tips, I only have one; grab a pilates dvd and someone to bring down with you. It's a good work out and works fast. Only warning is that you'll feel it in the morning.

And drink water and green tea.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 9:35 am
Man I envy you, I'm 5'4 and around 130lbs. no I'm not a cow but I still really want to lose weight, and weight can be tricky, if you work out alot and don't loose weight, or even gain it, it could be because of muscle mass, that's why I'm concentrating on my stomache rather than weight  

drummer06

xXRachie RaeXx

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 5:41 am
Any more tips?  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 6:37 am
Drummer06
Man I envy you, I'm 5'4 and around 130lbs. no I'm not a cow but I still really want to lose weight, and weight can be tricky, if you work out alot and don't loose weight, or even gain it, it could be because of muscle mass, that's why I'm concentrating on my stomache rather than weight

we're about the same then, in weight and hight, i'm really failing at the moment to lose any xd  

Miya12
Vice Captain

Miya12
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 6:38 am
Stylengirl877
Any more tips?

no really sad i just make myself exercise because i don't have a choice, i don't want to be overweight forever so i just have to think of the larger picture  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 6:43 am
You're 5'1" and you want to weigh 96 pounds?

I think the ideal weight for someone 5'2" is 115, and I know I looked good when I was at 120.

I'm 5'2" and right now I'm all the way up to 138 pounds! I know I need to lose weight but I don't even think I'm fat, just flabby. If I were you I'd see a doctor before starting to try to lose any serious amount of weight.  

onnawaffle

Miya12
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 8:59 am
Lady Leonardo
You're 5'1" and you want to weigh 96 pounds?

I think the ideal weight for someone 5'2" is 115, and I know I looked good when I was at 120.

I'm 5'2" and right now I'm all the way up to 138 pounds! I know I need to lose weight but I don't even think I'm fat, just flabby. If I were you I'd see a doctor before starting to try to lose any serious amount of weight.

nah, in england someone who's 5'4 usally averages around 115 lb, so about 96 is fine for someone whos 5'1  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 10:43 am
I had no idea there were differences in that sort of thing between England and America.

Granted America is becoming one hell of a fat country. >.>  

onnawaffle

Miya12
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 2:34 pm
Lady Leonardo
I had no idea there were differences in that sort of thing between England and America.

Granted America is becoming one hell of a fat country. >.>

ahhh there a spider running across my floor,

anyway lol sweatdrop

yeah theres a huge difference from what i've seen, (i've been to america many many times) england is compleatly obsessed with being a skinny stick insect, you literlaly don't see all that many over weight/chuppy/plump late teens and 20 year olds, there just arn't any, i'm around 132 lb and by english standards i'm extremly fat. i enve those skinny girls so much, even though they are just weedy trees that walk. sweatdrop

i really hate my aperence cry *runs off to the chocolate cupard*  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 12:50 pm
Miya12
yeah theres a huge difference from what i've seen, (i've been to america many many times) england is compleatly obsessed with being a skinny stick insect, you literlaly don't see all that many over weight/chuppy/plump late teens and 20 year olds, there just arn't any, i'm around 132 lb and by english standards i'm extremly fat. i enve those skinny girls so much, even though they are just weedy trees that walk. sweatdrop

i really hate my aperence cry *runs off to the chocolate cupard*

I think that the obsession with thinness is common to both places, and in fact all places that have such a surplus of what's needed that people can actually afford to overeat and have to be shown how to exercise. Americans, on the whole, disdain overweight just as much as Brits do, particularly in themselves/ourselves. We do have (more than) our fair share of overweight teenagers and young adults, like anywhere else that's lucky enough to be able to support an overweight population instead of being constantly threatened with widespread starvation.

Interesting, though -- you hate your appearance, so you run off to the chocolate cupboard. Maybe you should try actually running, and then come back for some fresh fruit or nonfat yogurt.  

Divash
Vice Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

3,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games