Who likes Mercedes Lackey?
  I LOVE HEr!
  I like her
  She's okay
  Gold whore!
View Results

fjng fbghfkbgif

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 12:51 am

Mercedes Lackey books were the first i ever picked up in the fantasy world. So i was a fresh newbie and even though now i read the books again and find them slightly basic, and lacking a little in imagination. Back then, they were the best thing to ever happen to me, opening my eyes to all sorts of places. Lackey pretty much gave me inspiration to keep on reading, now i'm a fantasy junkie. Always though i'll think of Mercedes Lackey as my being opened into the world of fantasy. My favourite series is still The Last Mage. Vanyel <3. My quote from him, which i'll always remember and quite frequently use is..
"Stop staring at the bark when the tree is about to fall on you."
It might have changed a little bit over the years since i've read it. But the theme is the same. So, anyway just giving my support to her.
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 12:57 am

Oh, and i also have the habit of calling my loved one Ashke. *True fan* 3nodding

fjng fbghfkbgif

storylistener

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 10:07 pm

Autumn-Twilight
Ladyknight1991
ok um i was reading her books thinking oh cool and then WOAH! sex scene... eek

Heh. Yeah, I think she could downsize the sex stuff 0.o

eek You think she could downsize the sex scenes? sweatdrop They're barely even there! If you don't like that, then be sure never to read anything by Anne Bishop, hers are what I call intense. exclaim

Anyway, Merceds Lackey. She is my favorite female author, with Anne Bishop coming in a close second. I can really relate to her characters. The first book of hers I ever read was Wind of Fate. Needless to say, I was very, very confused. The Arrows Trilogy was actually one of the last valdemar books I read, so most of the time I was trying to piece together what had happened. I cry every time her characters die. I haven't read her Hundred Kingdoms but I have read most of her other books. My favorites are the Valdemar/Velgarth books. I also love the fact that her first book came out the year I was born. It makes me feel special. heart
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 3:12 am

I thought the seccene parts were barley there as well. But with the Anne Bishop books, the sex scenes were my favourite parts. sweatdrop

fjng fbghfkbgif

lovebooks

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:57 am

I've enjoyed her valdemar books.
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 12:58 am

Lady_Altheia
I haven't seen a Mercedes Lackey thread yet. I know someone has to like this author. Which was your favorite book or series? I liked the Vanyel series for obvious reasons.

I cried through about half of Magic's Pawn

Angleic Shadow

Angleic Shadow

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 1:02 am

Ladyknight1991
ok um i was reading her books thinking oh cool and then WOAH! sex scene... eek im kind of innocent and not into that sort of thing so ever since i have just kind of not liked them that much

*Blink* She doesn't go into detail at all... you basically just know they DID have sex, and that's it
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 1:06 am

Serenity-Revers
I own the entire Valdemar series. I fell in love with them after I read Brightly Burning. The ending made me cry. I dont cry that much. Though I really like The Black Swan. Also owned. She was the second series I collected and her books are just amazing.

That made me cry too!!!
I liked Black Swan too, tho I'm getting a little tired of her re-writing fairytales

Angleic Shadow

CastleAlyts

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 6:41 pm

One I am amazed that people actually know who she is, many a time i reference her and they don't know who I am talking about.

I like her Valamer(sp) world, and her fairy tale world, along with the bards world. and some of the independent books like blackswan and so forth. Now her world that has to do with Italy and magic, not a fan of and they bored me.
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 5:13 pm

I like her stuff, but I am not going to buy her books at full price, her writting is odd I like it but Im going to buy her at used books store.

My favorite book is The Black Swan

murphyad

koorimefiregirl

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 5:30 pm

let's see. The first book I ever read by her was Brightly Burning and I had to call my best friend afterwards because I was bawling my eyes out and needed to rant a little. I like her Obsidian trilogy but I don't care for the continuation that just came out. My favorite is her dragon jouster series because it was different and refreshing.
I like the serrated edge too.
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 7:27 pm

oh I love her. The Diana Tregarde series, the Bard series are my favorites. I also really like the Elemental Masters, but I'm not too crazy about the Valdemar books. The Fairy Godmother books were wonderful. She's one of my favorite authors.

cherrydelite

Fantasy Books Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces