I've read his works and am enthralled until I finish each
  I've read some, he's good but not amazing
  I've heard about him, haven't read any
  Eh, he's a horrible writer
  Who is he?
View Results

Ex Obscurum ut Incendia

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 4:31 pm
Well, at first I had my doubts, but now... Yes, yes I do.  
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 5:39 pm
Tiamit
Well, at first I had my doubts, but now... Yes, yes I do.
If i was as low as scum as you are, i would swear at you. but, i am not, so just leave me alone and i will do the same for you  

Saint Rydire

Ex Obscurum ut Incendia

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 8:23 am
I am still finding it amusing how you came by the conclusion you did. I think that may have been the turning edge for me. Scum? I laugh at your pitiful attempt to insult me. HA!  
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 8:53 am
A Game of Thrones is on my books to read list for the summer. I'm looking forward to it. biggrin  

binaryfaerie

Sparkly Fairy

Seth64616

450 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 3:35 pm
I must say that it would be awesome if all the Starks were able to do the whole link with their wolf thing that Bran does. Especially if they could do it during the day. Did the guy Jon killed in the pass do the same thing and thats why the eagle hates?  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 2:39 pm
Does Bran ever meet the tree eyed crow?  

Seth64616

450 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Rualeen

5,250 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 2:33 pm
I LOVE HIM I LOVE HIM I LOVE HIM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 4laugh rofl heart

I don't know why but his books always leave me dumbstrucked. They are a uniqum in the fantasy world. I read the first book because my stepfather recommanded it and I finished it in three days. (school? What's that? rofl )
And I thought: to do that with your character you have to be freaking brave. Because I also write myself and plublish a little and I knwo how hard it is to make your characters suffer. Overal his books are a bit of reality in fantasy books and I like that because most fantasy books out now I find a little bit too much. I mean how many times can you die and come back to live. I once wrote a short story for a contest and I created a whole background for a character, challenges, goals, love and in the end of the book I let her die and continue the book with as theme the things surrounding her dead. The small changes it brought. (only small ones, the kingdom went down)
I won that contest and the comments I got I still hold dear this day. If you want people to love your characters you have to chock them and that exatly what George RR Martin does and I love him for it.

ps. sorry english is not my native language  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:30 pm
I passionately love this series. When I first picked it up, I thought, "Oh boy... this is going to be ridiculously slow-moving." I finished that first book in a week. I just couldn't put it down. Its been the same for the rest of them. It is so well-formed, and so calculated. I can't wait until he comes out with the next book! I've been going through withdrawals for over a year now! >.<

Have you guys heard that they are filming the pilot for the HBO TV series now in Belfast? I can't wait to see it live-action! HBO bought the rights to it in... I want to say '07.

(I have a sneaking suspicion GRRM is waiting until the show comes out to send out the newest installation of the series. Perhaps that is why he's taking so long!)  

SageDragonM

2,350 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0

Jon Snow1

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:08 pm
A song of ice and fire is one of the best series I have ever read and I cant wait for the next book to come out.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:12 am
All right, so I recently re-read the first four books and bought the fifth book which I'm now halfway through. I keep getting distracted with other books. It's a good book, but it's heavier reading than I've been in the mood for, even though fewer people have died so far in this book, so I've been reading other books instead. I like how he went different directions with some of the characters. I'm really liking Theon now, whereas before I didn't like him at all. I'm disliking Tyrion again, even though I was starting to like him before. I love the way Dany is growing as a character, even though I don't always like her. The characterization and the ways all the characters evolve in the course of the series is amazing. I just need the motivation to read it despite all the bad things that end up happening to many of the characters.  

NightIntent
Captain

Nyx_of_Hell

Wistful Mage

20,150 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:55 am
ASoIaF is brilliant. The only thing I hate is Martin for being so darn slow.  
Fantasy Books Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff