Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
Random advice

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

I be me

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 3:24 pm
I have been in this weightloss game a long time
and occasionally you just get hit with revelations *usually something people have told you a hundred times before but you never pay any attention to*
and occasionally someone just gives you some bloody good advice
so I thaught we could start a thread for all these amazing revalations, so others can benifit from our vast wisdom
*realises she sounds like a tosser but greatly enjoys implying that she has any form of wisdom and refuses to change it*  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 3:28 pm
Random weightloss advice from Rosemary:
eating too little makes you gain weight

it is the most repetaded fact I know of among people who have lost large amount of weight and kept it off
but some people still just dont get it  

I be me

I be me

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 11:41 pm
Random weightloss advice:
I have heard that your bodys metabalism works in twelve hour on/off cycles
so if you start eating at seven am
you should stop eating at seven pm

*mostly*
*not an excuse to skip breakfast if you are going out for tea that night*
breaky is important  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 6:40 pm
it is true that if you eat to little your body will think you are depriving it and keep the weight on.

the best advice i ever got was "work with what you have" it seems stupid and simple, but just do the best you can, and what you can, and thats all you can do, so don't beat yourself up.  

Aeren
Crew

Grip of Death
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 10:04 pm
Aeren
it is true that if you eat to little your body will think you are depriving it and keep the weight on.

the best advice i ever got was "work with what you have" it seems stupid and simple, but just do the best you can, and what you can, and thats all you can do, so don't beat yourself up.

Aeren, you are so right. The important thing, above all, is to have a healthy attitude about it.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 1:41 pm
I be me
Random weightloss advice from Rosemary:
eating too little makes you gain weight

o_O I didn't know that. Thank you for putting this down. I feel a little betterm and more well informed, now.  

Fuzzykit

I be me

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 1:45 am
Random weightloss advice from I be me:
if you are female you will prolly gain weight a week before your femine woes

*I really need to learn to stop posting my real name*  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 6:37 am
I be me
Random weightloss advice from I be me:
if you are female you will prolly gain weight a week before your femine woes

*I really need to learn to stop posting my real name*

Femine woes??  

Kessachan

Scarlet Sayuri

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 11:57 am
I've heard that too. Also, it's better to eat lots of little meals through out the day, so your body is conintually digesting, instead of all at once. It wouldn't be a good idea to not eat anything at all and then scarf on one huge meal at the end of the day ... just spread the food out a little bit at a time.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 2:55 pm
If you want to lose weight with exercise cardio is better than weight training. Weight training will actually make you gain weight because muscle weights more than fat.Weight training will make you *look* leaner.  

DKMaester

DKMaester

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 3:04 pm
Getting your calories from solids instead of liquids keeps your metabolism up longer because solids take more time to digest.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 8:09 am
If you have a breakdown on one day, don't panic- just start again tomorrow.  

Fuzzykit

Papple

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 2:11 am
-Celery and veggies make your metabolism work the hardest at digesting. There's some people that even suggest ice cold water burns calories because your body has to heat it up.

-Eat every three hours, but not after 8pm

Has anyone ever heard of gaining weight right after your period? That's what happened to me sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 8:55 am
Papple
-Celery and veggies make your metabolism work the hardest at digesting. There's some people that even suggest ice cold water burns calories because your body has to heat it up.

-Eat every three hours, but not after 8pm

Has anyone ever heard of gaining weight right after your period? That's what happened to me sweatdrop

3nodding
i always gain about 3 pound.  

Miya12
Vice Captain

Miya12
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 6:30 am
random advice - sometimes when you feel hungry your body doesn't want food it's wanting water, if you drink when you feel hungry, your hunger will disapear  
Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games