Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Ouji Board - eek gads! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 6:10 pm
I used one as a kid, who doesn't. I don't recommend it, at the end of the day, though.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 2:05 am
midara the happy banshee
I've had several experiences with the Ouija board. Enough to know that it basically sucks. I've contacted several spirits, and have found that there is no reason to talk to them, for the most part. Most of them are merely desperate for attention, and will say anything they can to make you stay and talk more. They say what they think you want to hear, and they almost always lie. And sometimes, if you don't do a good enough banishing, they'll follow you around, sometimes trying to scare you and sometimes pretending to be your friend just to get attention. It's really just kind of annoying. confused

The primary problem with the Ouija Board is that you have no idea who--or what--you will be communicating with until it's too late, which is the reason why the Ouija Board is referred to in some circles in the occult community as "Psychic Russian Roulette."
As mentioned above, most of the spirits who wish to communicate with the living through the use of the Ouija Board are desperate for attention and are nothing more than a waste of time and energy for everyone concerned. Even worse, some of the spirits involved are malevolent in nature and contact with them can result in poltergeist activity, hauntings, and possibly even spirit possession. As with any form of mediumship, be careful--or in the words of H.P. Lovecraft in his classic horror novel, the Case of Charles Dexter Ward:
"Do not call up what you cannot put back down again."
Think of the Ouija Board as the psychic equivalent of unprotected sex with complete strangers in a pitch black room: you have no idea what kind of contact will be made or what will happen to you after it's over. Be careful!  

godhi

Hypomanic Poet

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 9:43 am
I would'nt recommend it. I've heard some pretty freaky things about Ouija boards. Not all spirits are benign, ya know.
Try something that mught be a little safer, like a seance, maybe?  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 11:47 am
a good friend of mine once told me "never trust anything made by parker brothers"  

stardoxy7

hexenwitch

5,550 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 11:38 pm
I collect Ouija Boards....not the ones you can get in Toys R US but real Quija Boards. Depending on the people that are around, you using it with you can get something. I don't really believe that it's spirits or anything it's more the persons subconsous. It's like Meditating or using Tarot Cards...what you see in your mind or in your cards can be spelt out with the Board.

I've used the Ouija so many times it does freak me out anymore. At first I thru out 2 of them because they scared me so much. ANd it pisses me off to no end when you're with a group of people and someone decides to atract attention by pushing it.

For me it's alot like collecting art. There are some beautiful boards out there. I haven't used one in a couple years. Here's a great site with some great looking boards...... Museum of Talking Boards .....and they aren't by Parker Brothers blaugh  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 8:03 am
When I was in junior high, my friends and I used a ouija board on several occasions. Luckily, we didn't some into contact with anything bad, just those attention-grabbing forces that are purely annoyances. We also found one definate good force, and I now believe that spirit helped us out by protecting us from contact with other, less friendly beings.

I would agree with most of the other posts here: Ouija boards are just not a good idea for those who aren't trained in things like that, and once you do have training I'm sure there are better ways to talk to the spirits then with Ouija boards.  

Innocent Alice

Willowhawk

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 10:59 am
I personally have never used one. And I will never use one. I prefer to use tarot as a guide and I think that spirits, unless they connected to you somehow through dream etc for help to solve something, I don't suggest it. I usually go on my intuition and I have only had bad vibes from these boards, never in direct contact but close enough even in a store to get these vibes, including bad vibes from people who either insist on using one or speak about them as if they are the best thing ever. To me they are not safe. I don't believe it necessary to contact the dead in any way.  
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 12:16 pm
I've used a Ouiji board once... Nothing at all happened. *shrugs*

I think, though, that like any tool they can be extremely powerful in the right hands. A tool has no power of it's own... It must be wielded effectively by the right person.

In the hands of the wrong person, however, it is possible that certain entities might use it as a gateway into the world. Who knows? I say go ahead and use one, but be damn careful.  

SlaineWildfire

5,650 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250

Hallo_Blucht

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 12:17 am
the ouija is just a part of psychodrama...as said earlier "a focus"  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 7:31 pm
hello...... In past experiance... i HAVE used a Quija board.... It said someone in the room (( me and some magick freak friends)) would die..... 2 years later.. my best friend died in a terrible car crash.......  

Kingof holycheese

miserabelle

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 3:48 am
Nice bit of thread necromancy...

I wouldn't reccomend using a ouija board, I just finished reading a book that dealt with them... and you really couldn't pay me to use one. Nasty nasty things.

Not that I think that the boards themselves are bad or anything, but really... who invites just anyone into their house?  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 3:26 pm
Aside from what Godi said (was so sad! I saw his name, thought this was a new thread and had hoped he was going to grace us with his presence again!), honestly? I find talking boards to be more parlor game than useful tools unless you already have a talent for necromancy and other forms of spirit <-> human communication.

I do own a lovely talking board. Hand crafted by me (as with most of my tools. Go fig.) I do use it. I have success with it, but there is a hell of a lot involved and it isn't the quick and dirty tool most shows ~coughCharmedcough~ would make it out to be.  

TeaDidikai

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces