Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] High Reaches Weyr
[Feast PRP] Admiration Society (Lojze, R'him/Hybreoth)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

tatterpixie

Tipsy Codger

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2021 3:11 pm
It wouldn't be sporting really to avoid the Hatching Feast, even though Lojze hadn't Impressed. There were protocols and manners to be held to, congratulations to be made and wine to be consumed. The teen had no intention of denying himself the indulgences of a Feast, so he dressed himself as he would have dressed for a party back in High Reaches Hold: snug trousers and boots, a shirt not tucked in, the fur-lined jacket his parents had given him when he was Searched, and a cozy neck scarf. Overall the look was one of insouciance, a look Lojze had made an art form.

His first destination was the drinks table to acquire a glass of wine, more as a prop than anything; nothing he did was without some design, building a lasting impression with the viewer. He nodded at a few other Candidates and offered his wishes for better luck next time, then looked around for a newly-minted Weyrling to hobnob with -- more to hobnob with their dragon than anything, truth be told. His eyes settled on the bronze hatchling who had summoned all the male Candidates for review then wandered off with his golden sister. Hybreoth, he recalled. Then he looked at the baby bronze's lifemate...

...And Lojze nearly gasped. The man -- for he was no youth -- who had Impressed young Hybreoth was tall and striking and absolutely stunning as far as the teen was concerned. Lojze took a rather large sip from his wine glass to calm his racing heart; if he had a type, Hybreoth's rider hit all the marks. He'd not seen the man amongst the High Reaches Candidates, so he must be from Western. He was sure that if he'd seen him before, he'd remember.

His composure regained, Lojze casually made his way toward the pair, stopping just far enough away that he could admire both of them. "Congratulations," he smiled, giving the bronze a small bow. "To both of you." Raising his glass to them, he took another sip. "Welcome to High Reaches Weyr."

Uta
a start for yoooo heart

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2021 5:39 pm
R'him still couldn't believe his new luck and good fortune. Hybreoth was utterly amazing and the pride, love, affection, and devotion he felt had yet to dissipate. If anything, now that they were among the revelers and party-goers, his joy was amplified. Perhaps it was because he wanted the world to see Hybreoth for how amazing he was--or perhaps it was simply Hybreoth's pleasure in being shown off. No matter the reason, R'him was floating high on cloud nine and absolutely nothing could ruin his pleasure.

Impression was more incredible than he'd ever imagined... And only now did he understand exactly why riders replied the way they had to those who questioned the experience. It truly was unlike anything he'd ever felt or experienced--and the love and high he felt had yet to dissipate.

Already, he knew that he could not live without Hybreoth. His life before had been but a shadow... Not, of course, that it was somehow lesser--but emptier. Lonelier. He had never been a man that relied on anyone, so to share every aspect of himself with the little creature, only hours old, was quite astonishing. Needless to say, Hybreoth fit him well--and the bronze was quite pleased with his match.

Both of them had received well wishes and hearty congratulations from all sorts. Thankfully, as the party progressed, he found he had more time to himself to spend time eating, drinking, and making merry. He would have been interested in dancing had he not Impressed, and now, the bronze hatchling consumed him. He would rather spend time admiring him than be parted--and that suited the little baby just fine.

He did look up when Lojze approached--only because he felt someone catch Hybreoth's eyes even before the dragon turned his head. The little dragonet seemed to recall the Candidate as one who had been trying to obey his summons--but his blue brother had made that quite impossible. At least he was not one who had denied him, even if there had been some complications. Though the dragon did not speak, his eyes did whirl a brighter blue in pleasure--and if he turned his neck just so, to give Lojze an even finer angle to admire.

R'him offered the Candidate a smile and a small lift of his glass. He might not be able to enjoy wine, but there were other drinks he'd been able to appreciate. "I couldn't have asked for a better reason to stay," he tilted his chin at his bronze, "or a warmer welcome than all this. High Reaches certainly knows how to throw a party." He complimented, regardless of his blatant, bronze-colored bias.

"R'him," he introduced, realizing he had no idea who Lojze was. His knots indicated him as a Candidate, but admittedly, besides knowing he wasn't one of Western's lot, he knew nothing about him. "Hybreoth says you were one of the good ones--pity you didn't find Yours this time--but maybe next Hatching, yeah?"

The bronze hadn't, perhaps, said such a thing in so many words--but he could feel his bronze's appreciation and had his dragon's memory of the incident on the Sands--even if R'him hadn't witnessed it all. That his bronze deigned to offer the boy a croon was high praise, indeed.

tatterpixie

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

tatterpixie

Tipsy Codger

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2021 6:04 pm
"Lojze," the Candidate introduced himself. "We've had lots of practice at parties here. We're not as cold as people think we are, either. So indeed, welcome." He turned his attention to the bronze dragonet, giving Hybreoth a glance that wasn't as subtle as maybe he would have liked. Then the dragonet crooned at him, and he all but melted. He remembered him! Even as R'him called him one of the "good ones", he knew he has been ever so close to Impressing.

"Yeah, maybe next time. There's that other clutch on the Sands right now -- maybe my luck will turn around for that one." Returning his attention to R'him, he gave the man a genuinely warm smile. Faranth, he was a striking, handsome fellow. "He's magnificent," he mused, unclear in his own mind whether he was referring to Hybreoth or thinking out loud about R'him.

"I bet Impression was the most amazing thing ever for you..." Lojze's smile turned into a grin. "Hopefully I'll find out for myself."

Uta

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:28 pm
R'him noticed Lojze's look at Hybreoth, but certainly didn't mind. He was pleased the Candidate was giving his bronze his due, and was all the happier for it. "He is rather striking, but I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who thinks it," he mused, reaching down run a hand ever so lovingly over the dragon's neck. The little bronze knew he was a sight to behold, and had every intention of keeping Lojze entranced--why shouldn't the man have wanted his attention on the Sands?

Tell him he might attend me now, if he wishes, so as to make up for what he'd been earlier deprived. Why shouldn't he bestow the boy with such an honor? It was befitting a dragonet to receive such good attention, and Hybreoth certainly felt he deserved it. There were few quite as magnificent as he, after all.

R'him, for his part, gave a little snort of amusement at his dragon's thoughts, but decided to share them all the same. In a more delicate fashion. "You can touch him, if you'd like. He likes his cheeks scratched, and just under the chin like so." He demonstrated, before pulling his hand away to see if Lojze wished it. His bronze was in good enough humor to allow it.

"Two Hatchings back-to-back is auspicious, and definitely means a few less Candidates on the Sands." For surely, the Weyrs could not entirely replace those who found Theirs among Anakumath's bunch. "We'll hope Yours is hidden in those eggs." And he meant it, even if he hardly knew the other. Honestly, with the glow of Impression still so new, R'him could only hope all the Candidate inevitably found Theirs... He knew it would not be so, and tonight Hybreoth made certain at least one Candidate would not...but even that injury couldn't displace R'him's pride. Hybreoth would not allow it.

"At risk of sounding like every other rider before--there aren't words for it." Such an answer had always frustrated him, for surely, they could describe the feeling or something more than how wonderful it felt--but he couldn't do it justice. It was ecstasy.

"So how long have you been standing? This was my first time at High Reaches--and I don't regret trading the beach for some mountains." Even if it was awfully cold out there.

tatterpixie

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

tatterpixie

Tipsy Codger

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 1:28 pm
Lojze tried to hide the joy he felt at being offered the opportunity to pet R'him's little bronze lifemate. He gently reached out and touched the warm hide on Hybreoth's cheek -- surprised at how soft it was -- then gave a few scritches before sliding his hand down to scritch under the baby's chin. "I hope I'm doing this right," he said to Hybreoth, glancing up at R'him with a smile.

"Yeah, two Hatchings so close together must be a good sign. The Candidatemasters think Banshidheth's clutch could hatch within the next sevenday." Releasing the dragonet, he nodded at R'him. "You can bet I'll be hoping that I get as lucky as you did with the next Hatching," he smiled. Though he wasn't a bronze-chaser like some of his fellow Candidates, Lojze couldn't help but imagine what it must be like to Impress such a dragon. Bronzes were only behind golds in the Weyr's hierarchy; and while there was no lack of interest to Impress one of the so-called "lesser" colors, he could still wish for a bronze, couldn't he?

Then he laughed. "That's what I hear all the time from other riders! They have no words for what Impression feels like. I can only hope that I get to feel it someday..."

"Oh, welcome to High Reaches!" Lojze bowed at the newly-minted bronzerider. "I'm a native of High Reaches Hold, though I've only been Standing for a little less than a Turn. I was Searched when I was 16." Now his smile was warm and welcoming. "You'll grow to love the mountains, I'm sure. I can't imagine living anywhere without them -- they kind of protect the valley that the Hold is in, much like the Weyr does." He cocked his head at the other man. "What's it like living at the beach? I've only ever been to the beach once -- I imagine the beaches here are very different than Western's."

Uta

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2021 2:04 pm
tatterpixie

Hybreoth was pleased that the Candidate was only too happy to give him the attention he was due. If it had been any other situation, he might well have spurned anyone attempt to lay their hands upon his fine hide--but today was a day of celebration, and he was in great spirits. So it was, his eyes whirled a bright green, and the bronze leaned into the touch. Yes, that was quite pleasant--even if it wasn't from His.

"You're doin' just fine. Trust me, you'd know if you weren't," he mused. Even though he'd only just met Hybreoth, he knew without a doubt how his dragon felt--and that there would be no misunderstanding the dragon's displeasure. He was not a mild beast--but were many from thsi clutch? It was hard to say--and since he'd Impressed, it was hard to think about anything else besides his bronze.

As it should be. Hybreoth privately confirmed to His.

Reaching out, he ran fingers down the dragon's neck, even as Lojze let him be. Hybreoth would have objected--but decided, instead, to simply lean more into R'him's touch. "That would be somethin'--certainly eases the sting a little, I'd imagine." To have two so close together meant there was hope for someone else and not too long after, either. "Gonna be a lot of little dragons underfoot--and hopefully you'll be matched with one of them." He didn't see any harm in hoping. While he didn't know the Candidate well at all, High Reaches was his new home now, and he had better work on getting to make alliances and acquaintances with all of them.

Besides, he'd treated Hybreoth well--and that alone won the day.

"Honestly, it--It really is indescribable. Think of the happiest moment you can remember, and multiply it by a thousand. That sort of joy is about the closest thing I can think of, really. But once you find Yours, let me know if I was at all close." Impression wasn't guaranteed, but it was still fun to dream, after all. And besides, there were still eggs a plenty out there. Maybe one of those eggs really was meant for the man.

"Thanks--the welcome has been warmer than I would have thought. That said, I can belatedly welcome you to the grind of Candidacy and all the fun you'll have waiting to Impress! I was a Candidate since just after First Fall," and there he did grimace, knowing full well how awful that whole affair had been. Thread's return had taken so much, it still wasn't easy to mention, even after all these Turns. "Took me a few Turns there, but the wait was more than worth it." And thank Faranth he'd been allowed to stand. What might have happened had he not been allowed to swap? Nope. Wasn't going to think about that situation--all he could do was be grateful to the Weyr.

"The beaches of Western are different, from what I hear. Lots of sand, lots of heat; the oceans are a fair bit warmer, and temperatures are much more mild. We'd still get cold during winter, but nothing at all like this. And snow is all but a rarity except in the most northern parts of the continent. I'm sure I'll miss the sound of water, but... It's an easy sacrifice to get to be with Hybreoth."

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas