Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] High Reaches Weyr
[PRP] A Little Scrub'll Do (Niobet/Aedeth & Zamistia/Nanuth)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Samuel Carlin

Aged Elocutionist

10,965 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 12:21 pm
In the grand scheme of things there were probably odder sights than that of a grown woman in soggy, loose trousers standing on the on a golden back, waving a large brush around like it might serve as a weapon. Maybe not many, but certainly there were a few.

She had won whatever apparent battle had been raging between dragon and rider, however, judging by the slow turn and progress of both toward the lake shore as the dragon waded in.

"You," Niobet said, splashing down from Aedeth's back once the water was shallow enough, "are entirely too old for petty games like that. Honestly. When were you Hatched, oh glittery pain in my a**? Yesterday?" She took a breath, and turned to shout up, "Yes, I know we have--oh." She stopped mid-rant, closed her mouth and smiled, leaning the brush on her shoulder as if she hadn't just painted a ridiculous picture. "Company. Hello."  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 6:57 am
Since it was such a beautiful day, Zamistia and Nanuth had decided to go to the lake for some relaxation. The small red headed woman was leaning against her brown, who was laying on the ground, enjoying the sun on his dark hide. That was when she heard splashing and peeked around Nanuth to see what was going on. The sight of what turned out to be a gold rider had her grey-blue eyes widen in surprise.

Don't forget, gold riders come in all varieties, just like any other color, Mine. After all, just look at those gold riders we know. They couldn't be more different from one another. And seems they have noticed us,Nanuth spoke calmly into his rider's mind, having opened one eye to see what was going on. He wasn't exactly thrilled by being disturbed, but he had learned to make nice when it was needed.

"Good day to you,"Zamistia replied to the gold rider, making sure to give a rider salute to the Jr. Weyrwoman.  

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

Samuel Carlin

Aged Elocutionist

10,965 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 10:12 am
There were easier ways to embarass oneself. Niobet had done many of them. She'd most likely do more before her life ended. It could have been worse, she thought to the gold beside her.

Yes, Aedeth agreed, a little too quickly, a little too smugly. Much worse. You could have been naked.

Niobet flashed a Look up at Aedeth, then shook her head and laughed a little. "You'll forgive us, I hope, if we bothered you. This one gets a little full of herself and thinks the whole Weyr is hers to play with, manners be damned."

I wasn't playing, Aedeth argued. You were being stubborn. I corrected you. Having set that straight, the dragon lifted her head, stretching her neck to full length and height and addressed the brown, politely if a touch cool. Cousin.

Dea and #Teddy#

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 6:29 am
Zamisitia heard the mental snort of her beloved brown at the mention from the gold rider asked for forgiveness for disturbing them. The small red head knew he would keep it to themselves, he had learned to do that during their Weyrlinghood. He also would let her do the talking for now, except when he needed to speak.

"Oh, it is not a problem at all, do not worry. We were just enjoying the nice day, that's all. I can imagine your gold likes having things just right,"Zamistia spoke softly.

Hello to you as well,Nanuth responded back to the gold, his voice polite, but with a slight coolness as well. He thought to Misty how stuck up this queen must be, definitely different than his sister or cousin.  

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

Samuel Carlin

Aged Elocutionist

10,965 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 2:31 pm
"You have no idea," Niobet answered, smiling, as she waded the rest of the way onto the beach, then bent to wring her pantlegs out. "I've met toddlers with more tolerance on their worst days." It was clear from her tone that she was fondly poking fun at her dragon, not complaining in any genuine way. Straightening, she cast a look at the sky, then came back to Zamistia. "It's a good day for it," she agreed. "Always nice when we start to feel the warmth creep back in, hm?"

I heard that.

I know you did, dear heart.

Aedeth grumbled softly and hunched down into the water a little. Have you tried the water? she asked Nanuth. It's quite pleasant now.

Dea and #Teddy#

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 5:15 am
"Yes, it is very nice to feel the warmth when it returns. I grew up in an area where it was usually on the warmer side. The winter here has taken some getting used to. As for your dragon, I am sure she has her reasons,"Zamistia assured gently. She may be better at speaking, but she still was soft spoken for the most part. She stroked the side of Nanuth's side, his hide quite nice and warm from the sun.

I have not, been enjoying laying here with my rider. It is nice and restful,Nanuth answered back. Plus, he just wasn't in the mood for a swim right now. This spot he had picked was perfect and he wasn't going to move for a bit from it.

Samuel Carlin

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

Samuel Carlin

Aged Elocutionist

10,965 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 2:12 pm
"Oh really?" Niobet shifted her weight back onto her heels, settling in for a conversation. Idle chit-chat had it's place now and then. Other duties could wait a little longer. "Where are you from? I've lived in warmer places, myself. I sort of like the bite of winters here, though. It feels like a clean way to end a Turn, to me."

Suit yourself, the gold allowed. At least when you come to wash the grit from your hide, the water will be welcoming.

Dea and #Teddy#

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 7:07 am
"I originally came from Landing Hold, my parents are farmers there. I had been here in High Reaches to visit my eldest sister, when I was searched. I never dreamed of being a rider so soon after that,"Zamistia admitted softly to the other. Even after it had been almost a turn and a half, it was hard to believe she was a rider. If it wasn't for Nanuth's voice constantly in her head and dealing with Thread, she would think she was dreaming. However, she also wouldn't have it any other way, since she had her wonderful brown and her amazing weyrmate.

That is good to know, when I am feeling up to a bath again. I must say, my rider is quite good at making sure I am clean, however,Nanuth spoke, trying to keep calm. He didn't like being called dirty, which is exactly what he felt the older gold had just told him he was. Hmmmph, his light kept him quite clean, thank you very much.

Samuel Carlin

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

Samuel Carlin

Aged Elocutionist

10,965 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 11:07 am
Niobet's smile warmed. "I have a true respect for farmers. I didn't when I was younger, of course, because I was busy with all sorts of other things, but now? Now especially, but just ... now. Genuine respect." The rest of the younger woman's story earms soft laughter. "Isn't that the way with so many of us." She casts a fond glance out at the soaking gold. "Not expecting and very probably not prepared for what the dragons have in store for us." She looks back to Zamistia again. "I'm gllad you listened to the Searchrider."

There hadn't really been any censure in Aedeth's suggestion. It certainly wasn't above the gold to tell another dragon they were dirty if she thought they were, but not this time. This time she was practicing being ...oh, what was the word? Friendly. Of course she is. You would not have chosen Yours if she was careless enough to neglect you.

Dea and #Teddy#

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 6:32 am
"Thank you, I am sure my parents would appreciate the respect. Sometimes I feel farming can be a bit underrated as a craft in the eyes of some people. I am glad you have come to appreciate how important it is. Had I not impressed to Nanuth, I would have continued working with herd animals myself. And you can thank my sister for me accepting the search rider, she and her green encourage me,"Zamistia explained with a gentle smile.

Of course I wouldn't, I would only choose the best to be Mine. And in my eyes, no one can match my light with her warmth and care. She makes sure I am never wanting,Nanuth replied, unmistakable pride in his voice. Misty had always been like that, he had seen it from the very first time me had felt her presence.

Samuel Carlin

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

Samuel Carlin

Aged Elocutionist

10,965 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 10:32 pm
"People dismiss things they don't understand as unimportant," Niobet said with a confidence that probably came from personal experience. She laughed then. "Your sister and her dragon are clearly both very clever. Not, mind, that we wouldn't have been lucky to have another farmer, but I think your dragon might have been very sad. Do you have other siblings? Have we taken you all away from your craft training or were we nice enough to split the duties?"

Aedeth reflected back a much more muted sense of pride. It was always nice when the riders understood how to appreciate the honor they'd been given. There were some who were a little less careful. Those riders would never feel a whisper of approval from the gold. Is she your light? Aedeth wondered, picking up on the word and teasing with it, very slightly. Does she glow?

Dea and #Teddy#

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 2:16 pm
"Yes, I suppose that is true, least of some people. Some people like to put out of mind things that confuse them. Ahaha, I would agree with you on that, don't know if my sister would or not. She drives the kitchen staff crazy I am sure, she still has a love of baking. And I know Nanuth would have been upset had I not been on the sands for him that day. I may have to go into danger regularly, but Nanuth is a part of myself I never knew I was missing,"Zamistia admitted.

She is my light, always guiding me when I lose myself in the dark. She glows in a more internal way,Nanuth responded. Her heart was a bright light to him.

Samuel Carlin

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

Samuel Carlin

Aged Elocutionist

10,965 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:24 pm
"Hopefully not too crazy," Niobet says with a smile. "The rest of us still have to eat, and if the kitchen staff is cross at one of us, who knows what they might choose to visit on the rest." She didn't actually think there'd be Weyr-wide retribution for one busybody in the kitchen, but it was a funny thought.Talk of danger stripped some of the humor away, though, and Niobet nodded. "Unfortunately, danger is a part of duty these days. Take care pf each other, listen to each other, and you can come through anything."

That is definitely less alarming than the alternative, Aedeth confirmed wryly before she began wading in toward the shore and her rider.

Dea and #Teddy#

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 10:30 pm
"Don't worry, my sister knows when enough is enough. So think the rest of us are safe from the wrath of the kitchen staff. As for danger, yes, with Thread around, someone has to deal with it. Obviously, Nanuth thought I could handle it or he wouldn't have picked me. And I will remember that, since I know a lot of what goes on up there is determined by our work as a team,"Zamistia nodded.

Yes and in a way, brighter. A warm personality like her's can do a lot of good,Nanuth agreed. He watched as the gold came back towards where her rider was located.

Samuel Carlin

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

Samuel Carlin

Aged Elocutionist

10,965 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 10:44 am
"That's a relief," Niobet said. "No one wants to see either one of us if we can't trust a breakfast." A glance over her shoulder showed what she'd already felt: the gold was on the move, and she watched her for a moment while Zamistia talked.

"You've been paying attention," she said, looking back at the younger woman again. "good. That's a hard thing to do some days, for certain, but your instructors know what they're talking about, or they wouldn't have been tapped. She took a moment to look Nanuth over, then smiled again. "The two of you seem well-prepared. Good job."

Yes, she's wonderful, Aedeth answered, sounding somewhat bored now. And I have soaked enough, so we are going now. Fly well. It was as much dismissal as a farewell. Aedeth gave a low rumble, then launched herself upward and angled toward her weyr, causing a rising swirl of air.

Niobet closed her eyes momentarily, then shook her head as they opened. "And that's that, it seems. It was nice to speak with you," she told Zamistia. "Fly well, both of you." She lifted a hand then turned to follow in her dragon's path.

Dea and #Teddy#

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff