[PRP] Learning the Law (Lutz x Middy)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MiddyGlow

Sparkly Fairy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 3:32 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Sei knew she was not fit to become a Sheild Maiden it was not where her heart lay and she didn't want to just be a wife to a Raver, she had heard that there were Lawspeakers in the pride and if she wanted to become one of them she needed to seek one of them out and request that they train her to become a Lawspeaker. She walked through the pride looking for the one she had been told she needed to seek out. She arrived at the home she had been told about. "Hello??" She called out looking around for the lion she sought.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:37 pm
User ImageIt was a quiet day which was a nice change of pace. Eir had remained quiet and grim as the Warlord title had changed and the gods wreaked havoc upon the world, her advice no longer sought as frequently as it had been to settle disputes. Inner turmoil within the pride was at a high and it was mostly with disgruntled females feeling shorted - as they should in her opinion - but none of the lions wanted to talk it out. Instead they were resorting to fighting. It was a sad time indeed, she thought to herself as she cleaned up her den a bit. Those born of the storm knew better than to simply rely on strength to solve their problems.

A voice called out from the front of her den and Eir let one ear swivel back towards the sound. She turned slowly, spotting the outline of a lioness standing at the mouth of her home.

"Yes?" she called back, slowly moving towards the other female. Perhaps there was a problem that finally needed solving.

MiddyGlow

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

MiddyGlow

Sparkly Fairy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:29 am
SilverLutz

Sieglinde knew she wasn't the type to fight for everything she wanted, she preferred to use her head instead of her claws which was why she had decided to seek out a law speaker so she would be able to learn their ways and hopefully become one of them. She took a steadying breath before she went closer to the lioness who addressed her. "Greetings I am Sieglinde. I am new to the pride and was wondering if you might be able to teach me the ways of the law speakers." She was hopeful the other lioness would say yes. She wasn't sure what she would do if she was rejected.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:25 am
Eir surveyed the lioness as she reached the mouth of her den. It was a face she didn't recognize which let her know she had probably joined recently and Eir wondered what might posses a female to do that with the pride in the shape it was in. Either way, it seemed this female - Sieglinde, as it was - wished to join the ranks of the Lawspeakers. Eir couldn't help the little smile that twitched her lips up for a moment. Sieglinde wasn't the first to come to ask for her help in this fashion and Eir doubted she would be the last.

"Welcome to the Stormborn lands, Sieglinde," she said with a little bow of her head. "I am Eir. Usually those that have joined are here to fight," she added, tilting her head with curiosity. "What has interested you about becoming a Lawspeaker instead?"

MiddyGlow

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

MiddyGlow

Sparkly Fairy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:33 am
SilverLutz

Sieglinde smiled and nodded back in greeting and then she considered the question of what had made her join the pride and not want to be a Sheild Maiden or a Valkiery. She paused for a moment thinking about it and then said "I am not much of a fighter, I prefer to think things out rather than fighting. I was lucky to have won my duel to get into the pride in the first place. I hope you will not think less of me for saying so. " She looked to the other female hoping Eir would understand. She didn't want anyone judging her for who she happened to be. She had chosen this life but she knew she was not a fighter and she did not wish to live as a freeborn forever. Nor did she want to become a farmer or something. She certainly didn't just want to be some males wife. That was not the life she wanted for herself.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:45 am
Eir was always interested to hear why lions joined the Stormborn if there was no desire for glory or treasure. Surely those were the biggest draws, but some females that came in wished for all of that without the work. Being a Saltwife had its perks, certainly, but it wasn't something that had ever drawn her attention. Sieglinde seemed honest enough about her ambitions and Eir had to admit that it was impressive when a pacifist managed to win their way into the pride.

"Please, think less of you?" Eir said with a little scoff. "Not me. Others may," she warned as she stepped further from her den, motioning for Sieglinde to follow her. "This is a very battle-centric pride, you see. Some arguments are hashed out with a duel, even. The life of a Lawspeaker isn't just about keeping the peace. It's about remembering history, documenting it as it happens, and understanding the pride as a whole. I may not be a fan of fighting but I understand it's how the pride works and accept it for what it is."

She paused and glanced at the other lioness, tilting her head just a bit. "If you aren't much of a fighter, what drew you here?"

MiddyGlow

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

MiddyGlow

Sparkly Fairy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:58 am
SilverLutz

Sieglinde let out a relieved breath hearing that Eir didn't think less of her for what she believed. She listened to what the law speaker said and then nodded. "Yes that sounds like a lot to learn but I hope you will consider teaching me." She considered the next question carefully what had brought her to this place. "I'm not really sure what brought me here, just that I ended up here tired of living in the rogue lands alone. " She looked back at Eir once again and then said "I think at one point I had been considering having something to do with a male I met who had been out on a Viking with his party and I decided not to. There was just something about the things he told me about the pride that drew me here after all. The strength of the pride." She thought for a moment and then said "I'm really not sure what else to say."  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:15 pm
Eir considered Sieglinde's reasoning as they walked, finding nothing wrong with why she had joined. The Stormborn were well known outside of their territory for their strength and their reach. The Viking parties traveled far and there were few places the Stormborn had yet to see. To hear of a strong pride and to wish to reside within it to be safe was a completely valid reason to want to join rather than being captured and forced to be a part of the pride.

"That's all you need to say. There's no right or wrong answer," Eir said gently. "I was just curious." Pausing, the large lioness turned to face her potential pupil, golden eyes surveying the grey lioness.

"This is not an easy role to fill here," she said to warn Sieglinde. "It's thankless work at times and currently being female is reason enough for some males to consider you nothing better than a den warmer. Most here are civil to their fellow pridemates but you must always be aware that the Lawspeaker is a bit of an outcast in a pride full of fighters. So long as you are willing to accept that, I will take you as an apprentice."

MiddyGlow

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

MiddyGlow

Sparkly Fairy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:23 pm
SilverLutz

Sieglinde smiled she was happy that Eir accepted her answer she was grateful that her reasons were not questioned since it was sometimes hard for her to say why she had decided to join the pride herself. It was her choice none the less and one she intended to live with for the rest of her life since she didn't want to leave the pride now. She did, however, want to live as she wanted to in it. Which meant trying to convince Eir that she could handle the task of becoming a law speaker now if she could figure out how to do that. She considered what Eir had just said about thankless work. "I don't mind that it may be thankless work and I don't want to be some males den warmer I want to find a relationship that means more then that if I can. " She smiled at Eir "I would be honored to become your apprentice. When can we get started?" She hoped they would be able to get started right away.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:46 pm
Eager. That's what seemed to be the common thread between all of the most recent Lawspeakers, herself included. Eir could recall approaching her own mentor with the same determined look in her eye as the two females that had now asked her to teach them the ways of their desired rank. That was good, though. One needed to be driven if one wanted to survive in this pride with a rank that wasn't about fighting.

"You've already begun," she said, offering Sieglinde a little smile. "Asking is the first step, after all. But formally we shall begin tomorrow at midday. Meet me at my den and we will begin." Eir gave the now apprentice a little bob of her head in farewell, curious to see if she'd stick with the training to go a different path. So far it seemed that females were cut out for the role despite old teachings and Eir would be glad to welcome another lioness into the fold.

MiddyGlow
Last from me!

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

MiddyGlow

Sparkly Fairy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:56 pm
SilverLutz

Sieglinde smiled she was happy that Eir had accepted her request. Now she could get started at becoming a law speaker. She smiled and then said "That you so much Eir for giving me a chance, this means so much to me." She smiled again excited that they would be getting started tomorrow. She was really ready for this. At least she thought she was, perhaps a little nervous now this was all really happening it meant so much to her that her dream finally had a chance now. She nodded once again to Eir before turning to leave so she could head back to her own den till tomorrow.

(Thank you Lutz <3 )

(Fin)  
[IC] Myrsky Syntynyt Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces