Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [IC] Myrsky Syntynyt Lands
[DUEL] Time to Test the Practice (Bryndis x Gudina)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rennekae

Dapper Werewolf

8,600 Points
  • Married 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Streaker 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 2:16 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

A wondrous breeze playfully tussled Bryndis' crimson mane as she stalked through the midmorning bustle of the pride. Her ears were perked forward and her bright blue eyes darted around the crowd, seeking, searching.

The dark lioness had been training hard to move up in the ranks, not satisfied with her status as a tender of herdbeasts or watcher of cubs. Being a Freeborn was all well and good, but Bryn wanted more. She had been practicing combat techniques with her fellow aspiring Freeborn, but now was time to test herself against someone that provided a challenge. A friendly spar with a Reaver ought to do.

Bryn scanned her pridemates for one she would recognize as a Reaver, and smiled as her eyes settled on a familiar chestnut pelt. She picked up her pace as she turned toward the male.

"Heill, Gudina! How do you fare this morning?" Bryn called as she neared the red-eyed lion, dipping her head slightly to convey her respect to his position.

MiddyGlow
Thanks again! Now I just have to hope Bryn can win haha

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 2:21 pm
Rennekae

Gudina smiled at the female "As well as I can with three strong male cubs in our den my mate and I have been run a bit much running after the mischievous bunch. " He couldn't have been happier though his three boys where so strong and fast he knew they would become powerful warriors when they grew up and he believed that each one of them would respect females. Many in the pride no longer believed in the strength of females as much as they did before the famine and the new warlord came into power, but Gudina's family were not among them.  

MiddyGlow

Sparkly Fairy

Rennekae

Dapper Werewolf

8,600 Points
  • Married 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Streaker 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 2:50 pm
"Ah, yes," Bryn chuckled, smiling warmly. "Congratulations on your brood. I'd heard they were doing well."

Bryndis had in fact overheard word from passing pridemates of how well the cubs were doing. Strong, promising whelps, from what she understood. The Stormlords definitely smiled on that family. Good for Gudina and Morath, and good for the pride.

"What are the chances the young lads have left you with enough energy for a good-natured spar?" Bryn asked with a smirk, certain that Gudina would recognize her amiable teasing.

MiddyGlow

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 3:03 pm
Rennekae

Gudina grinned and nodded "Yes they are doing well and their mother is very strong, she is an amazing priestess and I think her strength is what gives our boys a great blessing." He smiled thinking of how wonderful each of his sons looked they were strong and handsome. "I think I can pull out a spar for you." He said he a grin. He would have his hide tossed off a cliff the day he let himself become so weak he couldn't do a good sparring match. He had to keep himself the top of his game if he ever wanted to rise in the ranks in the pride and he did. He moved into a sparring stance. "Come at me whenever you are ready."  

MiddyGlow

Sparkly Fairy

Rennekae rolled 5 4-sided dice: 4, 3, 1, 1, 1 Total: 10 (5-20)

Rennekae

Dapper Werewolf

8,600 Points
  • Married 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Streaker 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 3:04 pm
MiddyGlow
10! That doesn't bode too well for Bryn. orz

Bryn smiled and nodded her thanks, already starting to circle Gudina. She scrutinized the large male, trying to detect any weaknesses in his guard but not finding anything obvious. Normally one to go for a savage offense, Bryn decided that with Gudina - a lion much larger than herself - it would probably be best to test the waters first and see if she held any advantages.

She darted in and jumped back quickly, batting at Gudina's flank with sheathed claws and a light paw, seeing how the male would react.

MiddyGlow rolled 5 4-sided dice: 4, 1, 4, 1, 3 Total: 13 (5-20)
PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 3:19 pm
Gudina showed her no weakness and he wasn't going to go easy on her and let her win she had to earn it and become stronger or she wouldn't be able to stand against the males or even the older females in the pride if he coddled her. So he slammed into her and attempted to knock her to the ground to gain the upper paw in their match. He figured if they kept battling, she would learn and sooner or later she would reach her goals. Perhaps not today, but the fjords were not created in a day. So no one could expect her to become a skilled warrior in one battle.  

MiddyGlow

Sparkly Fairy

Rennekae

Dapper Werewolf

8,600 Points
  • Married 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Streaker 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 3:57 pm
Bryn was prepared for retaliation, but that didn't stop the body slam from throwing her off balance. She had thought to brace herself against the impact and hope to withstand it, but learned quickly that that tactic wasn't going to work. Gudina far outweighed her and trying to hold her ground would simply put him at an advantage while she struggled just to stay on her paws.

Taking the momentum of the collision, Bryn folded her legs and rolled away, putting some distance in between her and Gudina. Thinking quickly, she immediately shot forward again. She pushed forward with enough force to send her sliding underneath the male and out the other side. His superior height made the maneuver rather easy, and as she slipped beneath him, she flipped over and battered at his belly with her hind paws. Again, she kept her claws sheathed, but this time she wasn't as gentle with her force.

Clearing the other side, she hastily spun back to her paws, and attempted to retreat to a safe distance.

MiddyGlow

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:45 pm
Rennekae

Gudina felt the hit she wasn't bad at fighting but he was better, he moved and kicked out not aiming to hurt her, but he was about ready to end this bought and show her that it was the end. He grinned and attempted to knock her paws out from under her and end the fight. Perhaps next time she would have the skills to beat him, but it didn't look like today would be that day. He was a more skilled fighter than her at this time. There was no shame in losing a well-fought battle and she had fought with honor. "Ready to give up??" He said with a chuckle.  

MiddyGlow

Sparkly Fairy

Rennekae

Dapper Werewolf

8,600 Points
  • Married 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Streaker 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:34 pm
Too slow.

Bryn's muscles were bunched, prepared to spring away, when she felt her paws swept out from underneath her. She had underestimated Gudina's speed, thinking that his size and brute strength meant he was slower. Clearly, that wasn't the case, as he had managed to catch her coming out the other side.

She tumbled over, landing heavily on her side. She got back to her feet quickly, but relaxed almost instantly; she had no intention of continuing this spar. It would be foolish to think she could turn it around, and to keep pushing would only result in one or both of them getting hurt - most likely her.

"Give up? Never. But I will concede defeat. It's clear to see that I am not yet able to match you." Bryn bowed her head, lower than the first time, then looked back into Gudina's eyes and grinned. "But eventually, I will be. And we will spar again, friend. Until then, do not die in bed."

MiddyGlow

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:06 am
Rennekae

Gudina watched as she tumbled over and he grinned as she declared she would never truly give up which was the correct answer. The female would have to train and keep trying. "Good answer." He said and then nodded "Of course." Every warrior wanted to die in battle not die in bed peacefully how boring would that be. "Keep training and then we will fight again." He said with a sharp nod. "For now I will be getting back to my mate and cubs, have a good day." He said waving a paw to the female before turning to head off to get back home.

(Fin?)  

MiddyGlow

Sparkly Fairy

Rennekae

Dapper Werewolf

8,600 Points
  • Married 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Streaker 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:27 pm
"You, as well. Give your family my best." Bryn returned the wave with her tail, then turned and padded off. Her goal for the day was to have a small meal and a quick rest, then get right back to her training.

She needed to do better.

(Yes, fin! n.n Thank you!)  
[IC] Myrsky Syntynyt Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces