Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:01 pm
Ylva held her breath for a moment, knowing that her mother was right there. But this was the opportunity to get out of her mother's shadow, to actually elevate above her mother. She would be, to a degree, untouchable from her mother's calculations. And yet...her mother did only want the best for her, in prospects as well as comfort.

"I...it is a good match; too good, to be frank. The Warlord approached Mother for her advice on finding an advantageous match for him. It turns out there are not many unwed ladies who are...well raised." Ylva smirked at that, stealing a glance to her mother before looking at her father. "I think he took a shine to Mother, and in turn, to our family."

Creid couldn't stick her chest out any further, nor could she make herself look any more pleased than she already had. To imagine, her daughter... wife to the Warlord! The brown lioness was careful to not interrupt her daughter; as much as she wanted to, she knew that for Snorre to really believe Ylva, Creid had to keep her jaws shut during this exchange.

"I want good things for our family, Father. I do want this." In truth, she didn't know what she wanted other than to be free from her mother's teeth, but even escaping that had its own worries. She had functioned under her mother for so long, could she stand on her own, to rule her own household? She would not know until she tried, but she did know that as soon as it was official she would be throwing a target on her back.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:12 pm
Snorre frowned when Ylva started answering him. He knew that Creid sitting there beside her would still moderate how she answered, and he knew she had been raised to answer like this.. at least, she had been trained for it once it became apparent her sisters would not cooperate and her brothers went off to do their own things. It was sad, though. He and Creid were not a match made for power, they were something else entirely.. Creid had always been ambitious but there was no way to know she would pull off something like this. Ylva's household would be held together by something different, and he didn't know how much he trusted that.. but she said she wanted it.

"Alright," he said finally, then he turned completely away from the lionesses, pointedly not looking at his wife again, and finding where Nanna and Mbegu had backed off to.

"Nanna, see if you can find Haldor or Rokuro," he said, "Mbegu, you come with me."

Nanna nodded and wasted no time slithering off, looking quite content to get away from this for now. Mbegu looked less certain and was relieved he wasn't being sent off on an errand on his own yet, so he just waited.

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:35 pm
Ylva sighed. She glanced over towards her mother, her left brow furrowing in a perplexed look. "Well, that went over great." She wondered if her dad wasn't just going to disappear again, off on another viking without another word. She had heard how some males would do that; nearly be out in the field, constantly, just so they could avoid their wives and the issues at home.

"He'll be fine," Creid said with a wave of her paw. "That isn't how I wanted to break the news to him, but we couldn't just wait around to tell him. I'm sure that once he's reported back in and everything is settled, Ushindi isn't going to just wait around for your father to decide he is ready to die. Honor, greetings, customs.... those are not quite your father's strong points."

The silver lioness huffed, still confused herself on an issue. "If I am to be married off, I think you can finally tell me why you married him, Mother." It couldn't be for anything romantic; they were hardly the time. Affectionate, and to a degree it was clear they showed some level of intimate trust, but Creiddylad had probably fractured that today.

Cried shrugged her shoulders. "I did not have nearly the same advantages you had, my love. I took what I could negotiate myself, as an untried female. Sure, we have the blood of Thorgrim in our veins, but my mother was a thrall-turned-salt wife. Your father showed potential, one that he never dared to attempt. But he is kind, perhaps too much for these lands. He is faithful, and at the end of the day, even if it is little, he provides for us. There are many males here that won't even do that. I return that with fidelity, and I work to secure our strength by means of favors, information, and political power. It had taken years, but we're finally in a more stable situation. I just hope he comes around to see what you see, dear Ylva."

Fidelity....Ylva did not much expect that from her future husband, but as long as she was taken care of, and in turn, offered the warmest of houses to her husband...she would be satisfied. "I understand, Mother. Thank you. I'll try to talk to Father about this again soon."

Creid waved her paw as she went to return to her business. "He will be fine. Go to Adhama, have her freshen you up. You seem a little... dirty." She narrowed her eyes, noticing that Ylva's fur wasn't quite as smooth as it had been this morning. "Are you...up to something?"

Oh. Oh, right. She had been in a hurry to come home after training with Haldor, and her mother didn't know about that yet. "I just went closer to the shore to find shells, Mother. I didn't have much success today, I am sorry!"
She offered a quick bow to her mother, and trotted off towards the den. Mother could only know about that after Ylva had left her household; thankfully the secret was safe again today.

[IC] Myrsky Syntynyt Lands

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff