Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:21 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Plenty stuck with the Warlord as he left the adolescent to sit and stew over their conversation. The truth was that he had been considering his situation quite a bit, if his den was in disrepair how could he expect anyone to keep theirs in order? Of course he wouldn't tend to it himself and though he had a few close companions he wouldn't entrust it to them either, instead he had to find something else. More like some one else.

Rumor had it that a lioness had taken up the reins for sorting out suitors. He wasn't above needing her help, after all he wasn't as familiar with new family lines as she might be. He had put his focus into the up and comers for ranks.

Quick investigating to him the name of the lioness he was seeking out. Her reputation was plagued with comments regarding her tough behavior, but what he was hearing was that the other lions couldn't handle it. He grew amused the more he spoke with others and varying reactions conveyed similar senses. "Creid?" He finally got a name. The name was longer than that, he was sure, but he didn't bother to ask anymore questions. Particularly when most of his conversation participants were drunk or drinking.

Rolling his eyes as he turned his back on the crowd he couldn't help, but to smile. Celebrating was one of the many perks their protected lands provided them. Had things been unsafe they wouldn't be able to do things like that so freely. It awarded them such freedom.

"Where can I find Creid?" He asked his birds, Jicho shrugged off the question, but Selma (sighing audibly) gestured towards a path that he could follow. Of course Selma would know... So he began towards what he could only assume would be the lioness' living space.

Safaia

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:40 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Most mornings and afternoons, Creiddylad was off mingling with the other ladies of the pride, trading favors and rumors for more favors and rumors. It was a game she had found herself climbing the top of, though one to tread carefully. Her family was finally beginning to gain favor again, and she wasn't about to let that slip through her paws. Snorre was finally off to make himself a proper reaver, and her son Haldor had just returned two moons ago with a real thrall and glory strewn across his mane.

Today, she had decided to stay home and better observe her daughter's training in maintaining a household. Ylva had adjusted well to the small wild dog thrall, and the two of them seemed to have come to a healthy and respectable relationship. It was within those observations that Adhama's ears swiveled towards the mouth of the den, clearly alerting her mistress to a possible arrival. Creid had no plans for anyone to come visit her....and it was far too soon for Snorre to be returning. A sinking feeling in her gut attempted to wrest control of her heart, but her husband had swore that Death would not come for him on this trip; and she had believed it. Insisted on it. As lazy as Snorre could be, there was enough of a good man in there for her to stay faithful to him.

Smoothing out her fur, a small necklace dangling off her neck, she stepped out, blinking at the sun overhead as she waited for her eyes to adjust. Her vivid pink eyes blinked a few more times, certain that they were lying to her, with the silhouette approaching before her. Yes, she just needed to wait for her eyes to adjust...that wasn't the warlord coming, was it?!

Ctrl F Greenie

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2019 11:19 am
The path to her home was a long one and he found himself distracted with small talk here and there. The last of which had been silent, nothing but a long stare from female he assumed was displeased with his choices. If only they had known their anguish was his amusement. Something a few would learn over time.

Before he could spy the home of the lioness, Creid, he spied the lioness herself. If his investigation had proven accurate she was standing at the mouth of her den. "It's a good day to die." He said as he grew closer to her. She was tidy in appearance, prim, and as proper as a Stormborn lady could get. Ushindi made quiet note that she'd be a wonderful wife, but anyone worth their salt would likely have found her first. It would be his luck that she was taken.

"Creid I presume? Pardon my familiar use of a shortened name, but through trying to find you I may have missed a piece of information or two." It would likely surprise most that he had inherited some ability to be respectful. Of course it fell short when it came to his following requests, even if she demanded he call her by her full name he would likely never remember it. "Rumor has it you have a certain skill for.. matchmaking." Cutting out small talk was one of his star qualities, he had a goal and aimed for it.

In those moments a movement from within her den caught his eye. Whoever the lucky man was.. he seemed to be keeping her well. Ushindi imagined the movement was simply a pair of thralls maintaining the space.

Safaia

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2019 12:58 pm
"It is a good day to die," she replied in greeting, her head bowing with the respect her warlord deserved. "Death will not have us today, and so we shall live another day for glory."

To say that her nerves were alight would be an extreme understatement. This was something he had been working towards, but she didn't think it would happen so soon. The warlord, come to meet her on her territory.

"Creiddylad, though I allow those closes to me to call me Creid," she replied, finally rising herself from her respectful bow to meet him eye to eye.

"It is a skill I have been honing like a sharp blade," she said. "Though for my skills to reach the ears of the warlord...I am most humbled. I would be happy to assist." She knew that the warlord was without a wife, but she assumed he was looking for suitable ladies for the males he kept close to him, within his own warband. The warlord could choose just about whomever he liked...even if a section of the population wasn't thrilled with his rise to power. The strong led the future, and it was their own fault that they were not strong enough to wrest control from Zjarri.

Ctrl F Greenie

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2019 4:30 pm
Ushindi was pleased with her response, and reaction. He watched as the poised lioness dipped into a respectfully low bow before him. She only rose following introducing herself to which he let slip a small smile. "Consider this the beginning of a close friendship then, Creid." He replied smoothly with confidence.

"You've done well enough to have the gossip mill a flutter with your ability." Ushindi wasn't above showering those who earned it with praise. Creid was among those that he had heard positive things about. "I appreciate your williness..." He let the smile linger a while longer before his face dropped slightly. The movement continued behind Creid seemingly oblivious to what was going on outside or had they ceased he wasn't the wiser.

"You'll have your work cut out for you with this project. Truthfully he isn't well liked among some of the women-folk." The Warlord chuckled, not having lost his sense of humor at the reality he sowed for himself. "If there is a loyal woman about to take on.. a challenge, then perhaps there is hope." His cool eyes stared at hers, unmoving.

"You see, that challenge - Creid - is me. Now rumor has it you know this pride well, it's lineage wasn't lost on you and perhaps you could tell the loyal from those who are not." He said this realizing full well that he was putting his faith in someone that he hadn't doubted for moment. His trust grew stronger in her ability.

"What say you? My only wish is that you be discreet during the selection process, I won't have this blabbered about the pride callously. Wives should be loyal, welcoming of when I return home, and appreciative. Of course I wouldn't expect a woman worth her salt to be simply obedient, perhaps a lass with some fire?" His list could go on, but the requirements were probably clear with those instructions.

Safaia

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:54 pm
She listened to him intently, trying to pry apart words between his phrases that he may be trying to slyly throw her way. Hints, teases, and a clear expectation of her success. By the way he spoke, it seemed like gaining a proper wife was something he had been considering for quite some time; finding the proper avenues to find said wife was where he currently stood.

"Many of my fellow ladies do not realize the opportunity laid before them," Creiddylad said with a growing smile across her face. "They will be swept outt o sea before they realize the island before them, a chance to gain instead of focus on fallacies."

"I am up for the challenge," she replied. "My father's father was Thorgrim, one of Aesir's most devoted captains. I have kept a close eye on the bloodlines since his fall, and the dilution with...flower blooded folk who do not take pride in their work." Thank the storm above that Snorre was already out on his reaving, hiding the fact that her own husband was a late-bloomer to the extreme.

"We will...create a phantom of you, to keep this discreet, as you request. I am sure I can find a couple fitting girls for you to decide. All trained in the art of running a proper household, and can handle the familial thralls with professionalism."

Ctrl F Greenie

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:24 pm
Ushindi was thrilled with her attentiveness as he spoke, weaving a story about his own life, and the expectations he had. He gathered that she could have easily read between the lines, a useful tool for later. "It's true that they seem to get hung up." Her smile was contagious and he found himself smiling in return. The metaphor amused him and he gave a booming laugh which ended just as quickly as it began - perhaps the first of many to come.

"You have a fine reputation, this just bolsters it." The confidence he had for her grew as she spoke on about her qualifications. "My father would be pleased to know that I am in the care of such capable paws." Ushindi was impressed, he didn't bother to hide it which suddenly made him very aware of his surroundings.

"Would you mind if we talked more privately in your den?" The world around them was ever moving, and busy, neither of which could be controlled by the likes of the pair chatting away about his love life - or lack there of. "It would serve us both better in helping with the phantom you hope to create." In part he was curious. If she held these credentials, what did her own den look like? From afar it was neat and tidy, busy bodies seemingly bumbling about with attentions to detail.

She spoke with great confidence of her own, he wanted to see why.

Safaia

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 10:01 am
He....he requested to enter? Adhama was their only thrall currently, though Creid felt like she was close to being able to claim one of the many master-less thralls that fulfilled the mundane tasks for the pride. Her family was gaining enough power and respect that she could start to throw her weight around, but she wasn't foolish enough to blatantly do a power grab. No, it had to seem natural and something she was entitled to. Not like a cub snatching the best parts of a meal with no regard for the rest of her family.

But it was only the small wild dog and Ylva. There were no issues with him meeting Ylva in this manner, but neither she nor her daughter ever expected the Warlord to just show up at their door, showing mild interest in anything but leading.

She smiled warmly, thankful that Ylva had been excelling in her tasks, and their den was looking rather lovely. She just hoped that the silver lioness was ready for this new assignment. With two thumps of her tail on the ground to warn the ladies, she offered him invitation to their home.

"Please, come in. We can set up a plan in private. My daughter and her thrall are inside, but we can send them on a errand to gather up some food, if you would like." She wanted to offer any courtesy of privacy for Ushindi, even if Creid wouldn't mind her daughter being around the handsome male.

Ctrl F Greenie

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 10:40 am
The Warlord was kept waiting, but only for a moment, as Creid seemed to wrestle with the idea of him entering her den. Two thuds of her tail, a simple notice, was all it took for him to see the occupants begin to, likely, finish up their remaining tasks? Truly he was making a lot of assumptions at this point and without further ado he took the last few steps that kept him from the mouth of her home.

"That is appreciated, but unnecessary." Ushindi took a moment upon entry to let his eyes wander. Of course the den was properly done up, organized, and well maintained. The occupants were a wild dog - a thrall - and who he assumed was the daughter Creid spoke of. "I assume that these two would be as secretive as others in your employ?" Another assumption that her power was greater than what was simply gathered here. Of course he'd be foolish to not be nervous, but trust had to begin somewhere - should they break it... well Creid had to know he could destroy her.

Another swipe of his gaze from one side of the den to the other left his eyes landing on the silver pelted daughter, perhaps for the second or third time by this point. "Do you care to introduce us, Creid?" Ushindi sounded slightly impatient, but deep down he knew that he hadn't quite given her the opportunity to do so. He knew she was being a proper hostess, but his intrigue highly alerted by the presence of the two other occupants.

Safaia

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 11:18 am
"Of course, my Warlord," she said with a bow. She was certain that Ylva would be ready, and very aware of who showed up at their door. "My household runs a very tight ship. To let the ocean slip in would mean ruin to all. I am a respectable woman, and I rule my household as such," she said with a little puff of her chest in confidence. She wouldn't be opposed to skinning someone alive if they ruined her reputation. She had fought hard to climb back into the higher social circles; she wasn't going to lose it again, after Aesir's fall.

"This is my daughter, Ylva," she said, pleased that the silver lioness offered a rather respectful bow to her Warlord. "Her thrall is very obedient; I will say that having a wild dog as a thrall is most opportune. Loyal, small, insignificant...and they can't attempt to lure someone into marriage into a rank they did not earn." Creid was very opposed to the lines of thralldom and full-blooded members being muddied.

She was thankful that other members of her family were out; she could hide the fact that she didn't yet have many more thralls in her household. She just hoped Snorre came back with a couple for them; then their position of power would be far more secure.

"Now, let us discuss the figure we are to build, so I may find the right candidates for you..." She wanted to get down to business, to really asses the kind of man Ushindi was, and what she could use in the future to align her interests to parallel his. She wasn't going to let this opportunity of advancement slip from her paws.

-fade to black/fin-  

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

[IC] Myrsky Syntynyt Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out