"That's your decision to make," Mera admitted. She wouldn't fight. It wasn't her place to. "And I believe...there is nothing left to discuss. I'll leave you to your thoughts and not take up anymore of your time. And if you ever want to call, for whatever reason... I will pick up."

She stood then. They were never friends, and who knew if they ever could be. Eridia had a penchant for being dangerously self-absorbed, and trying to hold out hope for her only hurt Hemera in the past. But one could always believe in potential progress...while knowing to keep at arm's length.

Being used, better than being forgotten. A mildly concerning comment. Would Eridia learn? Could she? A sad case either way. And could Mera herself stand being forgotten over being used? She supposed only time itself would tell. Inevitable conflict with her relationships and her place in the military; she wasn't ignorant to any of that. But she didn't expect anything to come easy, especially these days.

She would find that balance Eridia couldn't; she would do what she could do what was right without compromising herself either within the system or within herself. Even if that seemed a monumental task.

But for now, she just wanted go home, put these thoughts aside for a few hours, and try to sleep.

Hivestuck
Done!