Welcome to Gaia! ::

Realm of the B'alam

Back to Guilds

A roleplaying and services hub for Realm of the B'alam. 

Reply [ Events ] Grand Marketplace
Ice Idol RP contest [judging]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ice_Dragon_Demon

Ice_Dragon_Demon

Ice-Cold Wyvern

19,650 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Spirit of the Smackdown! 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:53 pm
It's the beginning of Ice Season, and Runi and Lenyun were blessed with three beautiful idols. As such Trin and Myself are running a contest to give away the first idol! So If this piques your interest scroll below for More info about the family.

-----
Starts: Now
Ends: January 11th 10:00 MST

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:55 pm
What you're trying for

User ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
This lovely lady is the first carved Idol from Runi and Lenyun. While her two siblings take after each parent She seems to be a nice mix of both of the parents <3 And yes she's a second gen Pokemon Babbu colored by Thalion. She has potential for edits.

-----

Notes~!

A couple of things, First please try not to take the idol and Vanish. Trin and I are in the process of RPing <3 And though I may not be the most active myself due to RL reasons like work I am still around quite frequently.

Runi does have loyalties outside the tribe. Runi loves his family and will do his best to make sure his family doesn't get in the middle of it and will protect them.

You may ask about runi's secret if you choose that prompt.

Ice_Dragon_Demon

Ice_Dragon_Demon

Ice-Cold Wyvern

19,650 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100

Ice_Dragon_Demon

Ice_Dragon_Demon

Ice-Cold Wyvern

19,650 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:55 pm
Meet the FAM HERE

MUM - Lenyun
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Info - Lenyun was a loner most of her life until Runi came along into it. Lenyun enjoys fishing in her free time. If she isn't fishing she is relaxing her sore body from a long days work at home. As a mother she sees getting hurt as part of learning and growing. Child need to make mistakes and learn from them.

DAD - Runi
User Image
Info - Runi is intelligent scholarly type who enjoys riddles and deciphering old languages. Runi is also quite the craftsman when it comes to the finer details. Runi is also quite a fair hunter his ice colored pelt helping him melt into the surroundings. Runi is very secretive and no one quite knows what he's thinking. But he always seems to value the pride and prestige of the ice tribe and attempts to win the Magus's favor as best he can. He seems to have an ulterior motive to winning the magus's favor. Runi wasn't expecting to find his Yoliliztli let alone carve idols however, he does care a lot for his family.

First Sister - Yunri
User Image
Info- A bit of a troublemaker and She loves to bug her mum and Sister while they're resting. Yunri seems to have boundless energy running and playing in the snow. She loves fishing but has problems with how long it takes even after dad made nets for them. Her name was made from the letters of her parents

Second Sister - Leumi
User Image
Info - Leumi enjoys hunting like her father but stretching out at home after like her mother. She is very playful and often getting into things.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:56 pm
Prompts

1: Who do you take after? - will you take after mom or dad in hunting, crafting or fishing and why?

2: Strange Behavior - Your Father seems to care for his family very much, So much so you wonder what has been bothering him as of late. You discover your father has loyalties to some outside the tribe. What do you do? how do you feel?

3: Free prompt - Had an Idea of your own? well look no further than this prompt. I'd love to see how creative you can be.  

Ice_Dragon_Demon

Ice_Dragon_Demon

Ice-Cold Wyvern

19,650 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100

Ice_Dragon_Demon

Ice_Dragon_Demon

Ice-Cold Wyvern

19,650 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:58 pm
FORM

Here is the form to post! Please fill it out fully <3

[b]Username:[/b] (Must be you)
[b]Idol's Name:[/b] (What's their name and what does it mean?)
[b]Personality:[/b] (What is she like?)
[b]Will You RP Her?[/b] (Yes/No)
[b]Plot Ideas:[/b] (What are your future Ideas for her?)
[b]Prompt Choice[/b]: [prompt number]

[b]RP Response[/b]:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:54 am
I officially Declare this open!  

Ice_Dragon_Demon

Ice_Dragon_Demon

Ice-Cold Wyvern

19,650 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100

Fea Line

Spoopy Kitten

15,725 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:53 am
Username: Fea Line
Idol's Name: Renyi - i combined bits her parent's names together.
Personality:Quiet, often more serious than her siblings, Renyi is always lost in thought, her brain analyzing every last detail to reach the best conclusions possible. She strongly believes trial and error is a part of learning and living. The more you fail the stronger and wiser you become.
Will You RP him? Yes! I'm sometimes very slow depending on how RL is treating me but I am on gaia 24/7 even if its just to check PM's or notifications.
Plot Ideas: I feel like she'd be the one to more actively seek answers as to what secrets her father might be keeping and why he has alliances outside of the pride. Like maybe trying to secretly follow him instead of straight out asking.
Prompt Choice: 1

RP Response: Renyi stared hard at the wood statue she had been working on for the past couple of days. With each second put into working on this piece, the more and more she began to dislike it. Finally, after several more minutes of trying to salvage the piece, she tossed it to the side and huffed.

Usually crafting and carving was like her happy place. If she had a particularly taxing day, she'd settle down and focus her over analyzing into creativity, perfecting every tiny detail into something she could be truly proud of. It calmed her, and in some cases, validated her feelings. But then there were days like this, where it felt like no matter what she created, no matter how many times her siblings or parents might tell her how beautiful or amazing things looked, she herself was not pleased and thus the object was deemed unworthy.

Today was one such day.

Slumping down in frustration, Renyi did what she also did best. Thinking. A lot a lot of thinking. This time as to why she suffered these creative blocks. She stared at a small pile of discarded things she had managed to pile up and huffed. A small puff of air escaped her nose, sounding like a snort. Slowly, Renyi got to her paws and wandered over to the pile, plopping down on her haunches and pulling them out of the pile. One by one she lined them up and studied them. A few wood carvings, an attempt at a braided rope strand, the start of a thread weave with beads in a colorful pattern that just looked off to her. Renyi sat and frowned at each of them before pushing the back angrily, getting up and distancing herself from them.

She shoved her nose into the air and took a few deep breaths, trying to get a fresh perspective on everything. Her eyes shut tight as she tried to force the images out of her mind. And then her mother's voice slipped into her mind. 'My children need to make mistakes and learn from them.'

Renyi's eyes popped open as if suddenly everything was clearer. She thought back to her pieces and quickly leaped to her paws, padding back towards the things she labeled as failures. She looked over each one again, trying to look at it as if it were something new. Her brain worked to analyze and on some pieces she began to discover what exactly made her unhappy about them. A brief smile spread across her muzzle as she glanced towards her crafting supplies, a seemingly renewed sense of determination welling up inside her.

This time, she was going to make something she was proud of, she knew it.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2018 1:35 pm
Username: Niyaru Delacroix
Idol's Name: Rui
Personality:
Affectionate
Playful
Respectful
Insightful
Ambitious
Adventurous
Straight-forward
Curious
Passionate
Empathetic
Will You RP Her? I will do my best to rp her! I want to see her grow, learn and have her story become something great!
Plot Ideas:
All the family plots!
She needs to discover something she is good at, so lots of rp to be had trying to find her talent.
I come up with plots over time but these are what stand out to me right now.
Prompt Choice: 3

RP Response: The heaviest of sighs could be heard coming from the little cub. She had started the day with such high levels of confidence and ambition but as the day went on, the levels started to fall. Rui had made up her mind that today she was going to discover what she was good at but found herself at a loss.

Her adventure of fishing ended up landing her into the water and scaring the fish away. When she decided to move on from fishing and give her paw at hunting, she managed to find every single twig and crunchy leaf to scare everything off. Of course she didn't give up after her first try, it was more like a dozen tries for both. She tried to tell herself that she just needs practice but in the back of her mind she wondered if it was true.

She believed that if it was her talent that she should be a little good at it, right?

The little one got her hopes up rather high with crafting because she started to actually form something together out of the mud but noticed that it wouldn't stay up. It would sink back into a puddle of goop because there was nothing to hold it up. She moved to gather sticks to form the mud around but noticed that with the sticks, it looked horrible and not at all how she wanted it to appear. The little cub found herself getting frustrated but wanted to persevere until she couldn't make anything anymore using the mud.

Hours ticked by and many different resources were used only to end up with her settling on what appeared before her. It ended up being a glob of mud with sticks pointing out of the creature and pine needles mixed into the earthy substance. She tilted her head to take it in another view only to come to the conclusion that its a sick porcupine. She groaned and plopped down on the ground and just stared at it. What she had wanted to make was a mud version of her parents. How did it come out so wrong as to be some sort of weird porcupine.

Her ears twitched as she heard her family calling for her to come back home. With an irritated groan, she stood up and swiped the poor creature out of its existence. She decided to just try and discover what she is good at another day. The poor porcupine creature she made by accident would be her secret. She gave a small nod as if she made a promise to herself and left the mud pit to go back home.

It was as she was running back home that she realized she would probably be met with a disappointed look. She was covered in mud, twigs, leaves and pine needles. She grimaced because she knew once she got home, it meant bath time.  

Niyaru Delacroix

Anxious Kitten

16,950 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Timid 100
  • Partygoer 500

belloblossom

Aged Shapeshifter

17,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2018 11:10 pm
Username: belloblossom
Idol's Name: Enui - A mismash of letters from both of her parents names, ending with an "i" which seems to fit the theme of her siblings.
Personality: Enui is often seen as the mediator between her siblings. With a cool demeanor and ability to concentrate even with her sisters running around, she's often the one the one put in charge of her sisters, despite not being the eldest of the bunch.

She admires her father for his prideful nature and desire to impress the Magus and she will want instill that pride within her, as she wants to make something of herself, not just in helping to care and provide for her family, but also in the tribe as a whole. If there's some way that she might be able to assist her father in his goal's to impress the Magus or win their favor, she would be happy to help, if it means that she, too, got some of the credit.
Will You RP Her? Yes
Plot Ideas: Depending on what it is that Runi's ulterior motive in winning the magus' favor ends up being, Enui will desire to help him, to an extent, depending on her knowledge of the situation and its entirety.

As a cub, she'll mostly help out with her family in overseeing her sisters and keeping them from drowning if they go fishing with their mother. She'll keep a special eye on Yunri since she seems to stir up the most trouble, but she wouldn't put it past Leumi to get into one thing or another. Like one of her father's fishing nets...

As an adult, she'll seek out to help herself gain more of a reputation of grandeur. Such in the way that her father wants to gain the favor of the magus (ulterior motives likely unknown to her, unless its ever explained to her or the family) Enui, too, will want to succeed. She will want to help her father gain his favor, so long as she is able to reap some of the credit or favor that he gains, by helping him.
Prompt Choice: 2

RP Response: Enui wasn't the type to snoop around. She usually had her paws full trying to take care of her sisters. Whether this meant untangling Leumi from one of their parent's fishing nets, or simply chasing Yunri across the icy tundras of their territory in the event a flare of independence struck her sister.

Yet, today she was given some space of her own. Her mother had wrangled her two sisters into a fishing lesson to give Enui a moment's peace. Taking the opportunity of silence in stride, Enui set off on her own. She often liked talking walks through her territory.

The sound of crunching snow nearby caused her to look up and she spotted her father, Runi, heading out on his own too. She supposed that was not the most unusual thing in the world, for she could sympathize with wanting alone time, but... the cub wiggled her short tail. She felt like she never got to spend one-on-one time with her father, with her sisters about her constantly. Maybe this would be her chance to really get to know her usually quiet ol' Tah.

Her paws, white as the snow, did not carry her far on account of being so short, nor did she call out to her father to halt, as it was not her way. Instead, she followed behind him as he traveled. She followed him for what seemed like forever when they finally came to the mouth of a cave. She paused as he entered, tilting her head. What could be in there? A feeling of apprehension took hold of the cub and she advanced more slowly. She was opening her maw to finally speak to her father and announce herself, when she heard two other voices inside. They sounded feminine and different. One such like running water and the other sounded warm, warmer than any voice she'd ever heard before, including that of her parents when they spoke to her and her sisters.

Finally, she hazarded a glance inside, squinting as she looked inside. She could see her father's pale coat even in the dimmer lighting, but the voices from within the cave provided more information than her staring did. She picked out words like "Magus" and puffed out her chest. She knew her father was a devout follower of the Magus; she'd long suspected that he wanted to present one of his crafts to the Magus one day. She was stepping forward, when she also picked out the crucial word that followed: "overthrow." She stopped short.

What... what was going on? Her apprehension turned to unease and her ears flattened. She should get back to her mother, to Yunri and Leumi. Yet, she found her paws frozen to the ground. If she left now, without being seen, she might not get another chance to confront her father on what was going on. So, taking a deep breath, she walked to the cave's edge.

"F-Father?" She called into the cave, unable to keep the fear from her voice. "What's going on?"  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2018 5:52 am
Username: DarkenWoodWolf
Idol's Name: Scaileanna (Goes by Scai) [Irish for Shades]
Personality: Scai likes to be sneaky, trying to ghost in her Father's footsteps and sneak around her mother. The trouble is, she's not always the best at being stealthy. Her colors aren't as muted at her father, so she can stick out. Sometimes she trips over her own feet trying to sneak up on her siblings. Even her hair conspires against her, falling into her eyes and making her miss her mark when 'hunting' for small things under the snow. Scai doesn't let that stop her, though, insistent that she will be the most stealthy, sneakiest, hardest to find B'alam in the world!
Will You RP Her? Yes
Plot Ideas: I want her to be a little clumsy when she is a cub, always either tripping over things or falling into deep snow banks or getting her hair caught in bare branches. I think this will be fun because she wants to be the 'most stealthy' B'alam ever, like her father, but everything sort of gets in the way of that. So it will be a struggle for her to either work very hard at getting what she wants (which wouldn't be until adulthood) or accepting that she is not her father, not going to be sneaky or stealthy, and accepting herself for who she is.
~If its the first, her plots will involve a lot of her training herself to be quicker, quieter, better at hiding, all the things necessary to be a sneaky sneak. Some of that will just be her on her own, practicing for hours because she is determined to be good at this, because its what she wants.
~Once she succeeds at being as sneaky as she thinks she should be, there will be the issue of what to do now? Now that she has these skills, what should she do with them? What is her Father doing with them? Does she want to try and test her skills against the best and figure it out or leave her Father to his secrets? It will all depend on how her rp develops as a cub. Who she trains with, does she do it because its fun or because there is something she wants to find out, what sort of other B'alam she meets, if someone wants to use her skills for good, for evil? What will she do in either case?
~~If its the second, figuring out that she's probably not the best at sneaking around, that it's not her skill. So, what is her skill? What is she great at? Will she find it out on her own or will someone help her? Will it be one of her siblings? Or her parents? Or some stranger? Figuring this out won't happen until she is an adult, though, so a lot of the cub rp will be the same, her trying really hard to be sneaky before accepting that it's not her and trying new things to find out what sort of B'alam she is.
Prompt Choice: 3

RP Response: WIP  

DarkenWoodWolf

Antagonistic Strategist

Ice_Dragon_Demon

Ice_Dragon_Demon

Ice-Cold Wyvern

19,650 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:55 pm
One more extension because of work. My assistant boss changed my schedule without telling me so my few days off became nil >.>

So It'll be Extended till the 11th  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:41 am
After speaking with Trin and reading all the wonderful entries we decided. The winner of the lovely girl is belloblossom!

belloblossom
congrats!

Thank you guys for your patience.  

Ice_Dragon_Demon

Ice_Dragon_Demon

Ice-Cold Wyvern

19,650 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100

belloblossom

Aged Shapeshifter