Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [IC] Myrsky Syntynyt Lands
[PRP] Not Completely Alone (Desdemona & Thulile)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 1:02 pm
Deep within Hjalmar's den, a certain lioness prowled restlessly back and forth. Desdemona was furious, no, incensed over her new life. How dare they, these so called Reavers, take her from her home, from her dear mate... her now dead-

She cringed violently at the thought, before snarling and continuing her pacing. She wanted to rage, to throw around his belongings and tear his head off, but.... she just wasn't the type to do that. She didn't have the stomach to actually draw blood, didn't have the gumption to actually risk her life in a fight. 'Coward!' she couldn't help but think to herself.

Growling, the lioness ended up stomping over to a wall and began raking her claws against it. It wasn't the best rebellion ever -- in fact, he probably wouldn't even notice it later, what with how distracted he seemed to be -- but it at least made her feel better. A little bit, anyway.

SilverLutz

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 5:56 pm
User ImageIt was another ordinary day for Thulile. Ordinary in the sense that the sky was flashing strangely, the ground rumbled on occasion, and whispers that didn't quite make sense floated through the air. The never-ending hunger had stopped, at the very least, so she had that to be thankful for. It allowed her to go about her duties much easier, such as going hunting with some of the other Thralls to bring in the daily meal for the others in the pride.

When she had first been captured by Hjalmar, Thulile had been terrified and assumed she was going to be killed or forced into hard labor of some kind, beaten and abused and mistreated. She came to find out that although some Thralls did suffer at the hands of their masters, the young lion that had brought her back to his home wasn't one of those types. Sure, he could be standoffish and would throw his weight around to get what he wanted, but as long as she listened to him and did as he asked - or gods forbid even anticipate something he'd like - Hjalmar was quite a reasonable male. Thulile also felt safer here than she ever had back in her old pride what with so many lions around.

Hjalmar had been gone for some time, off on some sort of mission, and Thulile had made sure to keep his den nice and tidy for him, just as he liked it. Which was why when she returned from the hunt to find another lioness inside scratching up the walls, she was at first a bit angry, but then rather nervous. Who was this? Why was she here?

"Um...hello," she said in a quiet voice, ears back and head lowered, unsure if this was a Freeborn or Shield Maiden or even perhaps a Valkyrie. She didn't wish to be rude to someone above her station, but she didn't want to see the den be torn to bits.

MangoMeow

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 2:37 pm
So into her destruction as she was, Desdemona hadn't even noticed the other lioness enter the den until she spoke up. Her fur frizzed out in panic, at first assuming that it was Hjalmar, before she realized that it was a female voice. Whipping around with a harsh look on her face, she arched her back in what she hoped was an intimidating way -- like she'd said, she had never been very good at being aggressive, despite her biting tongue.

Although, as she took a moment to observe her, she started to realize that this one was doing her best to seem as timid as possible. That didn't make her lower her guard any more though.

"Who are you?! Are you one of those stupid Reavers?" She spat, "You people can go to hell!"

SilverLutz
I'm so sorry for how mean she is right now, Thulile.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:24 pm
The way the lioness reacted made Thulile instantly crouch down on her belly, eyes wide with fear, her ears pressed so hard against her head it looked like they were completely gone, even her tail was still. Whoever this was they obviously hadn't expected to be snuck up upon even if she really hadn't been sneaking. This was her home even if it was technically Hjalmar's and one didn't need to sneak around their den.

"I-" The protest died in her throat as it became dry and she swallowed over and over, trying to make her mouth work properly. Come on, Thulile, pull it together!

"I'm Thulile. Hjalmar's Thrall," she explained, her voice soft due to how dry her mouth was and the tone timid and apologetic. "I was just...I was coming back here after my duties. I didn't expect anyone to be here, I apologize." She quickly lowered her gaze again, not wanting to be ANY sort of threat to the lioness. Thulile could fight if she had to but she'd much prefer to simply turn tail and run.

MangoMeow

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:17 am
Des glared back at her, silent as she watched the lioness drop down, and trying vainly to not feel bad about scaring her. It was difficult though when this one really did seem genuinely timid and frightened.

Aw, man. Now she was starting to feel guilty.

Slowly, the gray lioness lowered herself down from her arched position, eyes narrowed suspiciously at Thulile as she processed her words. His Thrall....

"Wait, you're like me, then? He just brought me here, said I was a Thrall, whatever that is." Her ears pulled back against her head, "Did he capture and drag you here too?"

SilverLutz

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 1:20 pm
Cowering before the lioness was hardly dignified and had Thulile been back in her homeland she was sure she would have been laughed at. Here, though, she felt like if she didn't show the proper respect to the proper lions she'd be killed. That was a bit extreme, perhaps, but Thulile had always been a gentle soul and generally blew things way out of proportion.

When claws and paws didn't rain down on her, though, she cautiously peered up at the other lioness. She looked surprised rather than furious and when she spoke the brown lioness relaxed a bit. Oh...another Thrall. That was...still scary, but a bit better at least.

"Ah...yes," she said slowly, raising her head carefully. "He captured me and took me here. A Thrall is...well. I do whatever Hjalmar tells me to do. I generally hunt and make sure his den isn't a mess, but other times he'll ask me to run errands, fix his braids...things like that. But in return he protects me from danger and ensure I'm well. An ill Thrall isn't helpful after all."

MangoMeow

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:31 pm
The lioness stared suspiciously at her for a moment more, snorting at her description of a Thrall, before sighing and finally letting up on her hostile demeanor. She doubted that this one meant her any harm. If anything... maybe she'd found an ally in this.

... Assuming she hadn't scared her too badly.

"Oh, get up. I won't hurt you, not like any of them." It was said scornfully. Her sour attitude likely wouldn't be going away any time soon.

Raising an eyebrow at her, she continued, "I'm Desdemona." Her lip curled, "Hjalmar captured me from my troupe and brought me here, said I was a Thrall now too."

SilverLutz

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:01 am
It seemed the lioness was calming down even if her tone of voice was still a bit scary to Thulile. She did pick herself up off the ground, standing before the grey lioness now rather than with her belly in the dirt.

"I haven't been harmed by anyone here," she admitted quietly. "Even if it seems like they wish to at times." Some of the Stormborn had low thoughts about Thralls but they all seemed to adhere to the rule that you didn't touch someone else's Thrall. If they warranted punishment their master would deal it out, but Thulile made sure to do everything that was asked of her to avoid such a fate.

"I'm Thulile," she added quietly after Desdemona had given her name. "I was taken from my pride. Well...I suppose I wasn't actually with them when it happened. I was out in the rogue lands alone. But it isn't so bad here." That is, if you didn't mind cleaning, hunting, and being at Hjalmar's beck and call.

MangoMeow

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:31 am
Honestly, Des wasn't sure she believed the "haven't been harmed" thing, as she considered how jumpy the other female was, but then, she couldn't see any scars or injuries. Hmph, well, at least Hjalmar wasn't violent with his Thralls.

Or at least, he wasn't violent with the ones that cooperated -- something that she likely wouldn't be doing, she thought with a huff.

She studied the other lioness for a moment longer, "... Don't you miss them? Why don't you leave?"

SilverLutz

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 3:23 pm
The question made Thulile's ears droop a bit. Despite the fact that she was sure Hjalmar would chase her down and punish her for leaving, Thulile wasn't sure those in the Bonelands even knew she was gone.

"I wasn't born there," she said quietly. "I was found at the border in my youth and they took me in. It's a female dominant pride with only a pawful of males and I felt very...extra, I suppose. I never really fit in." It had been home all the same despite her keeping to herself, never showing an interest in the males only because she felt like she shouldn't contribute to the pride in that aspect. Here she had a purpose. Here she was wanted even if it was for hunting and keeping the den tidy. Hjalmar was the first and only male that had ever shown any sort of interest in her even if it was just so she could work for him, but he had chosen her among all others he could have hunted all the same. Now there was another Thrall so she did feel a bit unwanted again, but perhaps she might actually enjoy Des' company. She'd have to work extra hard to continue to please her master, though.

"So...no, not really. Despite the rough way I was brought here I don't mind it at all."

MangoMeow

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:23 pm
That's... kind of sad. Des wasn't sure how to feel about the idea of someone's home not even missing them. Then again... honestly, now that her mate was dead, would the remains of her troop even think of her? Oh, sure, she was counted among the lost, she had no doubt about that, but... they were sometimes rather suspicious, and even if she ran back to them, they would probably not want her around.

She hadn't really thought about that, and it made her uncomfortable now that the subject was brought up. She sort of regretted bringing it up, though she was opting to pretend that her discomfort was because she'd clearly brought up bad memories for the other female.

Yes, no matter how you said it, Desdemona had stepped in it this time.

So, from the mind of someone who wasn't ready to face these problems yet, she chose to change the subject.

The gray lioness grunted and turned her head away, looking over the den around them. Now that she knew that it wasn't even Hjalmar cleaning the place up, it sort of felt like she was stepping on Thulile's paws instead. "... Alright. So you just do chores all day?" Not that she was interested in doing any of those Thrall chores, but hey, now that she was calmer, it wasn't a bad idea to get a feel for the area. Maybe Thulile could show her around. "As Thralls, where are we allowed to go?" She paused, "What, um... what am I to do now?"

SilverLutz
Feel free to say that Thulile is going to give her a tour or something. xD;; Des is uncomfortable now that she's calmed down.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:07 am
The uncomfortable silence that followed rung in Thulile's head, her tail twitching back and for in mild anxiety. Had she said too much? She didn't like keeping things from those who asked, but perhaps it had been too heavy-pawed of a reply. But the other lioness spoke up finally, her tone resigned but grumpy, and the change of subject was one Thulile clung to.

"Not all day. Just until they're done," she corrected with a nod. "And so long as you don't go off making trouble or putting Hjalmar in a bad light, you can kind of do as you please. There's lots to see here," she added, perking up just a bit. The sea had been of great interest to her, although she was still too scared of it to go down to the shore itself. The waves looked incredibly strong and the thought of getting swept out into the depths was terrifying.

"I can show you around," Thulile offered, taking a step out of the den to let the dark lioness out. "And...well. Unless you were given orders when you arrived, I'd say just getting to know the pride. I...um. I'm glad I'm not alone anymore," she added, a hint of a smile on her face. "Hjalmar is good company but he's not always around." Having grown up in a pride where everyone was 'sisters', even if she felt outcast, there was always someone to talk to.

She turned after that, her pace slow so Des could keep up. Hopefully she could help her see being a Thrall wasn't the end of the world.

MangoMeow
Last post!

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:35 pm
Desdemona let out a grunt as Thulile described the life of a Thrall, a grumpy look on her face that was only cooled by her guilt at making Thulile sad. Well, that didn't sound too bad. She wasn't sure what constituted as "making trouble", so she would need to tread carefully. That said, she still refused to do anything for that male. A confrontation would likely erupt between them as some point because of it.

But that was a problem for the future. For now, the other girl was offering to show her around, and that sounded like a decent plan.

Des looked down at her paws as she mentioned not being alone, lost in her thoughts for a moment, before looking up with a nod. Perhaps she would at least have a friend here, and maybe she could make Thulile's life a bit easier.

... Maybe.

With a huff, the lioness hurried after her.

SilverLutz
Just doing a closing post for Des~ biggrin

[IC] Myrsky Syntynyt Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces