Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Vashtya

Tipsy Hoarder

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:15 pm
User Image

A small cub emerged from the den, gold-orange eyes practically sparkling in the overcast light, bright against her dark pelt. She was finally getting outside of the den, and the sights, mundane though they would likely later become, were intense - the light seemed bright to her eyes, and it was so...open. Inhaling deeply, she smiled - the salty tang in the air, at least, was familiar.

Her siblings, as far as she knew, were still inside - but, either due to momentary inattention, or a deliberate granting of freedom, she'd been left to her own devices for long enough to make a break for it, to see the world that occasionally intruded on the otherwise-quiet den. Strange sounds and smells that hinted at just how much went on out there.

Clamboring up onto a flat rock a short distance away, she stretched, flashing tiny (if sharp!) teeth in a massive yawn, before giving herself a small shake as she debated what she wanted to explore first. This was home, and she wanted to know all of its secrets. As if to demonstrate that not all of these new experiences were pleasant, a fat drop of rain landed on her nose, making her jump in surprise. It was followed closely by others, the grey skies giving way to a light drizzle.

Scrunching her nose up at the new sensation, she looked upwards in surprise, not entirely sure she appreciated this particular "gift" from the heavens.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:45 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Syn's eyes cracked open just in time to see he sister leaving the den. Where was she going? A frown on her maw, the cub willed herself to fall back asleep, but ultimately gave a low sigh, avoiding the rest of her sleepy siblings as she rose to her feet, slowly following the Sigrun quietly.

What if she was going to do something fun? Or mischievous? Synnove didn't want to miss out on it. Besides, two pairs of big innocent looking eyes were always an easier scapegoat than one. They had to look out for one another, didn't they? At least, for now they did. Who knew what would become of them as they aged.

"Going off on your own?" Syn asked from the ground, as Sigrun clambered up the rock. "And you didn't invite me?" The cub gave an indignant snort, as if to say 'how dare you.'

Vashtya

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

Vashtya

Tipsy Hoarder

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:40 am
Sigrùn's attention was pulled away from the raindrops splattering her pelt, ad she turned to look at Syn, rolling her eyes deliberately at her sister's indignation. "I saw an opportunity, and had to take it," she said with a shrug, completely unapologetic. "But, since you're here..." she continued, shooting a sly grin Syn's way. "Something smells...interesting, over that way" she motioned vaguely in the direction where the prey-beasts were kept.

She hopped down from the rock, looking at her sibling expectantly.

KasaiLoki

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:05 pm
Vashtya

Syn's eyes shifted as Sigrun spoke. She sniffed the air, unsure what she was getting at. However, she eyed the sly grin the female flashed, shrugging her shoulders. She had time to kill, and things were a bore right now.

She hummed. "Well, what are we waiting for?" Syn returned the grin as she stepped up to her sister. "We can always blame Ellika if we get in trouble," Synnove advised, bringing up Sigrun's 'twin'. The two shared what appeared to be identical markings, with their hair varying slightly and their eye color. Surely if they moved quickly, no one could know the difference.

"Shall we?" Syn asked, taking a step in the direction Sigrun had nodded towards.  

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

Vashtya

Tipsy Hoarder

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:33 pm
Grinning back, an impish expression if there ever was one, Sigrùn nodded, half to herself. It was true, she and her sister Ellika looked so similar that very few would be able to tell them apart, at a glance. Looking around once more to make sure that there wasn't a parent in sight, she darted off in the indicated direction, clumsily attempting to stay low to the ground, although she succeeded only in bumping clumsily into a few large pebbles that got in her way.

As they approached the penned up prey-beasts, her eyes widened slightly. Looking down at their feet, she couldn't help but notice that they looked...familiar So these were what they ate. Hmmmm. Looking over at Syn, she stepped off the main pathway, making at least a token effort at remaining out of sight. "That's what I was smelling - I've never seen one...whole, before." she said it in a half-whisper, eyeing the variety of creatures critically. Now that they were here, her initial curiosity was satisfied, but that had been almost...anticlimactic. Maybe if they got a little closer...?

KasaiLoki

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:02 pm
Vashtya

Synnove followed her sister, the same awestruck look as they approached the prey-beast. So big. Her head tilted as she came to a stop beside the other cub. "Hmm..." In truth, their parents had always brought back a piece of leg or hide to the cubs to enjoy. "I didn't think they were this big." She said quietly as she looked the beasts up and down.

"Let's go closer." Synnove tempted the unheard thoughts Sigrun was likely thinking. "I wonder how they get the pieces to us." She inched towards the captured beasts, not quite realizing that idea of the hunt. "None of them are missing any legs. Maybe they regrow them?" Syn asked curiously.  

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

Vashtya

Tipsy Hoarder

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:02 pm
Her sibling was quite clearly a cub after Sigrùn's own heart. Grinning, the expression showing almost every last one of her small, sharp teeth, she nodded. "It's weird, huh? I mean, none of them seem to be missing any, either..." she murmured, trying to keep her voice low enough to avoid drawing any...unwanted (adult) attention. Keeping her belly low to the ground, she crept up right to the edge of one of the pens, eyeing a gazelle critically.

Pressing her small face in between the bars of the pen, she scrunched up her face, nose snuffling mere inches away from the sharp cloven hoof of a gazelle. She pulled back abruptly when the hoof came flying at her face, barely avoiding a rather painful lesson in what a hoof to the face might feel like. Instead, she jerked back so sharply that she tumbled onto her backside, rolling further and ending up on her back, eyes wide. "Did you see that?!" she whisper-hissed, glaring at the guilty party between darting glances at her sister.

KasaiLoki

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:20 pm
Vashtya

"Definitely." Syn agreed, following Sigrun's actions as her belly stayed to the ground, creeping towards the prey beast. "Like, isn't that what mom usually brings us?" She whispered, pointing to the flank of the gazelle. "It's not red or anything like it normally is...Maybe it's something like..inside it?" Syn wondered with a frown.

She crept towards the pen, but squealed when the hoof nearly hit Sigrun's face. "Oh!" She said wide eyed, nodding frantically. "I did! I did! That looked like it would hurt!" Her eyes narrowed as she stuck her face back near the pen. "I still want a closer look though. There's gotta be away the big lions bring that to us. Maybe... if we can just...get back there we could find out!"

To Synnove, the pieces of meat brought to her were like a puzzle. They just unhooked from the other's form, and off they went. Death was a foreign concept for one so young. "Come on, I will need a boost to get up there to see where it detaches at!" She wanted her sister to help her.  

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

[IC] Myrsky Syntynyt Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces