Welcome to Gaia! ::

Realm of the B'alam

Back to Guilds

A roleplaying and services hub for Realm of the B'alam. 

Reply [ RP Zone ] The Overworld
[PRP] Leading the Blind (Stella, Alastor)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

belloblossom

Aged Shapeshifter

17,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:28 pm
User Image

Stella, for all that she tried, couldn't stay within her home tribe. Everyone in the Earth Tribe loved plants and growing various kinds of greenery, but Stella from the moment she was woven into existence, knew that she was a rock Nantil. A precious rock and gemstone Nantil, to be exact. She knew how to find pretty stones and precious things within the ground. She supposed the ground part was why she had been woven a Earth b'alam, rather than a Fire b'alam, who seemed to know more about metals and sharp pointy rocks than pretty ones.

That said, she was actually making her way to the Fire Tribe now. It seemed as though she was making pretty good time, considering the scents she was picking up indicated that she was just making it to the outskirts of their territory. She'd been avoiding the Fire Tribe for a while since she got wind of the war within the tribe, but now it seemed that it was starting to die down... more or less and she wanted to see if anyone was interested in trading their wares for some of the wares of her tribe.

After all, they might be more willing to give away their precious metals when they're hurting for something necessary like food, right? That's why in her various bags and pouches she carried upon her bag, instead of carrying the gemstones she usually carried from the Earth Tribe to the Light Tribe, where her trading partners, Illuminata and Florizel were, she had all manner of food stuffs in her pouches that would easily make the travel into Fire Tribe territory. Or at least to the border, where she suspected the trading could be more easily done.

So onward she traveled, for with all the intent to further her merchant career and come back with all manner of useful metals or trinkets that she could trade at the Light Tribe too.

WC: 323

Shi Berry

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:26 pm
User Image

He still had yet to grow accustomed to this awful dichotomy of day and night - blindness and sight. Even with Izanami as his eyes in the day time, the enormous Tah could not help but remain discontent with his state. The Nan had explained that she had not encountered anyone or anything affected by such an affliction, but that she and others like her could not see half as well in the night as he. It was strange, and he was only starting to piece the fragments of this world together. Furthermore, he had yet to see another one of their kind with wings like the ones he bore.

With a sigh, he dismissed these troubling thoughts. He had already decided that he could manage being blind for half of the day if that is the way things will be. After all, everyone needed to sleep. Below the cover of a massive wing, he curled his body as tightly as possible. Perhaps it was not the most comfortable position, but he had to do what he must to shield his eyes from the light.

However, if there was one thing this blindness had done well, it was that his other senses had grown sharper. A faint clacking met his ears - stones, perhaps, for the sound was not metallic or gentle - and he raised his head from out beneath his wing. It seemed as though others always approached him during the day when he was in his crippled state; however, he had been fortunate enough to not encounter anyone who wished to take advantage of his ailment. He patiently waited for this other to approach him, still as stone save for the methodical flicking of the end of his tail.

►Word Count | 289

Shi Berry

Dapper Lunatic

belloblossom

Aged Shapeshifter

17,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:56 pm
Stella had grown very observant in her seasons of travel. She wasn't one to simply walk by something. Thus, when she saw a flicking movement that looked almost serpentine, she froze, thinking it was a Mandafu. Such a creature could be someone's familiar, or an expensive trading prize, if she managed to catch it. She was approaching it slowly, when she realized it was not the creature she sought, but instead a tail, connected to a rather large b'alam. She peered at the Tahtil with a curious eye, her bags shifting as she shifted her weight from one paw to another.

"Well, of all the things I expected to see, a Tahtill of the Dark Tribe isn't one of them." She finally said. "Especially out in broad daylight."

She hadn't actually visited the Dark Tribe. The closest she got was its sister tribe with her Light Tribe friends. But she knew that they looked like from descriptions of the mighty Gabriel and Maria, the Dark Magus and Light Triber that had been one another's soul-bound.

She stared at his dark pelt and blinked at him.
"What're you doing out here, Tah? I can't imagine you're very comfortable, between the sun being out and the heat of the Fire Tribe territory near, what with you sporting that pelt and not being a Fire Tribe Tah yourself." Stella inquired, curiously.

WC: 228

Shi Berry

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:02 am
User Image

The tension drained from body, for it seemed at this was yet another Nan with little interest in harming him. Either luck was on his side or he was being pitied for his sorry state. "Dark tribe?" he asked with little surprise in his voice. That must have been why he had not seen others with wings like his own. So Izanami must be of the Fire tribe, then, seeing as she felt no discomfort from the heat of the land. "I've slowly grown used to it," he stated plainly, though the strain in his eyes may have betrayed his words to seem like some kind of act of bravado.

With a sigh, he lowered his head onto his crossed paws, closing his eyes. "I'm not too sure. I woke up in these parts during the nighttime, and then as the sun rose, I couldn't see anymore." He paused. He was not one for many words, but it seemed like this Nan knew the ways of the world, more so than any other he had met so far. "I met a Nan here - one of the Fire tribe, I'm assuming - and she has been helping me. I've just been living day to day, and perhaps burdening her with my afflictions. Is there a place for those of my tribe where such issues of blindness and blood are more manageable?"

►Word Count | 229

Shi Berry

Dapper Lunatic

[ RP Zone ] The Overworld

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas