Submit

Gl!tch~

Fashionable Genius

4,475 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:09 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

It'll be a graveyard smash!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:32 pm
Wander fidgeted sparks as she stood outside the phone booth. Hopefully the troll inside would finish up in a minute, so she wouldn't lose her nerve... She looked down at the scrap of paper. A phone number. She had everything she needed: A number, a concrete goal, and a script she memorized. Okay. Breathe.

She needed Poe, to hold her hand and keep her from overthinking...but she knew she needed to do this herself. Wander couldn't ask for back-up when asking...someone to...

Yeah.

The door slid open. Wander startled, standing up straighter. The other troll walked off. She exhaled. Now or never...

The orangeblood slid into the booth and closed the door behind her. She fumbled to get her beetles out, slip them into the phone line. She slowly punched in the number.

She heard the first ring. The wait began to kill her.

Gl!tch~

Fashionable Genius

4,475 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 5:25 pm
    Trusci was at her desk, her pen furiously scribbling on a piece of paper in front of her. Every so often she stopped--winced--and rubbed her wrist, but it didn't seem to deter her any from what she was doing. Practice, practice, practice--even though her mishap in Four Fronds had been sweeps ago, her hand still ached where it'd been broken. A small part of her brain whispered that she was making whatever problems she had worse, but another part of her didn't really care too much about it either.

When the dusty, black, corded phone on her desk buzzed, she jumped in her seat.

"Trusci Modsat, columnist and editorial services, how can I help you?" Her voice shot up an octave as she entered her 'polite public service' voice. The thought that she had given Pennie the means to contact her however many nights ago never even crossed her mind.

Gl!tch~
...but then who was phone?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:10 pm
Ah! She picked up. She picked up! Wander caught her breath. "H-hi, yes, um- Trusci!" Without thinking, she swept her hair back a little. "I hope you're n-not too busy, I just wanted to, u-um." Okay, rambling would waste more time if Trusci didn't have much to start. She was a cool reporter and stuff! "Anyway. H-how are you? I-if you're not...too busy...I mean. It's P-Pennie, by the way..."

Abby would be laughing at her right now, at how flustered she was just trying to talk to a girl.

Melancholies
I am drowning
There is no sign of land

Gl!tch~

Fashionable Genius

4,475 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:14 pm
    Trusci stared blankly at the wall in front of her, the light in her hive buzzing as she suddenly put two and two together. Wow. Good job Truce.

"Oh!" Her voice suddenly melted into something that sounded a lot more normal. She laughed into the receiver as she kicked back in her chair, foot up against the side of the table as she balanced, "Hey! Hi! Sorry! I guess I'm just not used to getting casual calls, y'know?" Part of he wondered if the shy orangeblood would actually ever hit her up again. Either way, she was happy. ******** work!

"But no, no, I'm not busy. I mean, it's fine. Whatever. I'm good! Talk to me girl, what's up? Still kickin' after Bloodfest?" For all as nervous as Pennie sounded over the phone, Trusci seemed to let it roll off of her back pretty easily.

Gl!tch~
oh

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:00 pm
"O-oh. Okay. Um. Well... I've been, um..." Script! She needed to go off the script! "There's a Terror Night party coming up and I thought it looked like it would be fun. To go with you," Wander said, almost breathlessly. She played it back in her mind. Wait. Ohnosheforgotthelead-up. "A-and! It looks fun t-to go with you b-because it was nice hanging out with you before and I-I would like to do it again! Th-that is, um, i-if you like T-Terror Night a-and parties and a-aren't busy and if you're busy or d-don't like Terror Night or parties th-that's okay too I um just w-wanted to ask..."

Melancholies

Gl!tch~

Fashionable Genius

4,475 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:46 pm
    The words caught in Trusci's throat as Pennie stumbled, spoke perfectly, and then spiraled off into another nervous ramble. She was still smiling though, this time to the light fixture in the ceiling. When the rambling became incomprehensible mumbling, Trusci decided to speak up, "I mean, who doesn't like terror night?" For a moment she allowed her mind to ramble--what sort of connections did Pennie have? What party? What were her friends like? Were they all nervous lowbloods like her? She tried to keep herself from hmm'ing aloud.

She giggled a little, "But sure! Why not? Sounds fun." She kicked her foot off the desk and landed the chair back onto the ground with a thud, RIP the tenets living below her. "S'not like I have any plans coming up. Tell me about it? Friend of yours hosting?" She leaned forward into a chin-hand on the desk as she twirled the phone cord around her finger.

Gl!tch~

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:09 pm
Wander stood up a little straighter. Ah...! Trusci said yes! She wound the cord around her fingers some, needing to fidget with something. Her face warmed up a little at the giggle. "Great! Um... I-It's a party being hosted by Odette Cygnet... She's k-kind of my idol." And inspiration and mentor but would that be bragging? Wander wasn't sure, but didn't want to ramble either way. "A-and it's going to be at her hive! A nice costume party..."

Not many of her friends were going, as far as she knew. Cynril was still grounded, Poe was overwhelmed by stuff like that, and she didn't know Sonnie's status yet. Either way, she kind of wanted to go with someone, versus just hanging out... Though hanging out would be nice, too, of course.

But asking someone to go, that felt so scary and thrilling and something she never got to consider before.

Melancholies

Gl!tch~

Fashionable Genius

4,475 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:05 pm
    Well, she hadn't been expecting that one.

"Odette Cygnet?" Her voice drawled, half incredulous, half deadpan. "Like, the celebrity? That Odette?" At her hive? With costumes? Well, this certainly just got a whole lot more interesting. Maybe it was a public party then? That made more sense, but still. She assumed Pennie had to have some good connections to nail that one down. Trusci could hardly believe it.

Alright, alright. "That's like--that's so...!" She couldn't help but sound excited, "That sounds like a lot of fun! A costume party?" At least she didn't have to worry about being fancy. Yellowbloods weren't really known for their high class fashion. Still, now her mind was turning over with so many other thoughts--who else would be there? Important trolls? Possible connections? Potential clients? But then she felt a little guilty too--she was going because she was going with Pennie, not to snoop. Priorities, Trusci! (Still, a chance to meet Odette, wow! Wow.) "Should I meet you there? Or somewhere before? Oh! Oh! Don't tell me what you're going as either, I wanna guess!"

She hadn't stopped grinning the whole damn time--this sure as hell beat work. Hell, this was the best thing that had happened to her all week.

Gl~tch~

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:36 pm
"Mmmmmhm!" That Odette, the one and only! Wander felt a little moment of pride, even biting her lower lip in a smug kind of way. Odette was like a moon, but Wander never really considered her as a badge of status or incentive. But now it felt...pretty cool, knowing a celebrity.

But that wasn't the point! Going to a party and having fun with this girl was! (Impressing someone though...Wander loved that, though she had impressed a handful of trolls before... So why did this matter so much?) She played with the cord some more.

Feeling pretty good and less, well, constantly and consistently anxious, Wander relaxed a little. She leaned on the side of the booth and even giggled aloud at Trusci's enthusiasm.

"Meeting there s-sounds good!" Especially with all the travel from the swamp, covering her tracks and such. And she needed time to make sure everything was in order before getting there... Though meeting somewhere beforehand sounded so, so nice, too. Maybe some other time...

"Okay! I h-haven't figured it out yet, but I-I do have some ideas... I'm s-sure your c-costume will be good, too."

Her fingers untangled the cord, choosing to twist at it instead. "So, um, i-it's a date, th-then?"

Melancholies

Gl!tch~

Fashionable Genius

4,475 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:12 pm
    Trusci had taken a pad of paper and a pencil somewhere along the lines of the conversation, and now she was furiously scrabbling down information. What to wear, things to bring. If Odette was going to be there, it was likely that there'd be some other high profile trolls too. She'd have to be on good behavior, but that shouldn't be difficult with a cute lowblood to keep her attention in check. Just think of all the gossip though.

And Pennie, too. This was a good chance to learn more about her, and--her pencil lead snapped abruptly. A date then? A date? Oh. Oh! Ohhhhhhhhhh--

"Yeah! You know it!" Stupid goddamn Modsat, of course this was a date! What the heck else would it be? Suddenly her cheeks were yellow and she found herself smiling at the cork board hanging on the wall in front of her. Gosh. God. Geeze. She needed to work on her social cues. Then again, she'd never been asked out before, and definitely not by someone vastly shyer than she was. "See you there then, yeah Pen?"

Cradling the phone in the crook of her neck, she started to furiously re-sharpen her pencil.

Gl!tch~

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:24 pm
She said yes. She said yes! Wander laughed. Amazed, relieved, terrified... Her mind whirled, with lots of second-guessing and asking herself what in the world she was doing. At the same time, she could explode from excitement. Her first date!

And Trusci called her 'Pen'... Wander loved it. Too bad it wasn't her real name. But she would just have to deal with that some other time. She wanted to focus on Trusci's voice right now.

"O-o-of course! I'll m-meet you a l-little after midnight... Out front."

Was there anything else to say? Didn't seem like it.

"Um... H-have a good night a-and good luck with work! And see you soon!"

Melancholies

Gl!tch~

Fashionable Genius

4,475 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
Alternia RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash