Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hivestuck

Back to Guilds

Homestuck inspired troll related b/c 

Tags: homestuck, troll, breedables, mspa, alternia 

Reply Alternia RP
[PRP] - Yellowblood's Night Out - (Buffel + Engrav)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Buzzwulf

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:55 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

So what are we going to do about this?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:15 am
User Image
Engrav Setlar

Engrav checked his pocketwatch again. Really, the other yellowblood still wasn't due for some time, but Engrav had made it a habit to appear to appointments early and do some quick reconnaissance. It was a habit that occasionally paid dividends, and he certainly didn't know this establishment as well as he might wish. It felt like ages since he'd visited his old stomping grounds, and his wiggler-memories certainly didn't lend themselves to... well to this sort of establishment.

Chittentown might be known for it's clever and industrious workers, but it was also known for the seedy dives they frequented after a long night's work. Engrav felt intensely uncomfortable sitting at the counter surrounded by strangers and unknown quantities. It was a necessary sacrifice for the moment, though. Anything to put Buffel at some sort of ease. Although the inventor was certainly getting a look or two from the nearby patrons. Perhaps he should have dressed down for the occasion. The yellowblood stood out here like a sore nub.

Engrav certainly caught a sneer or two from the milling crowd, and something about fancy big-city folk.

Regardless.

Engrav sat, and nursed a drink, and waited, and silently seethed at the ignorance of small-town trolls.

tenaciousgadabout
lemme know if that setting works for you

Buzzwulf

tenaciousgadabout

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:07 pm
Buffel was glad to be back. He'd rarely visited Chittentown since Spirit was killed except on business. He'd received word from Polair's other yellowblood to meet up for a night on the town and jumped at the chance. The gunslinger was sincere in his desire to do right by the fellow he'd unintentionally wronged. Getting to know each other better would help ease tensions with all parties.

Strolling up to the fine establishment they'd agreed upon, Buffel looked himself over. He hoped he weren't under-dressed to meet the high-falootin' yellowblood, but he shrugged off his worries. There was somethin' of an understanding between bloods, y'know? Solidarity an' the like.

He walked in, looking 'round for the other lowblood. Spotting him by the bar, he made his way over.

”Hey, Engrav! How was yer trip over? Th' road find ya okay?”

He had to yell over the crowd and music, but that was more than fine for Buffel. He sat down in the chair next to his new friend and extended one robotic finger in the air, signalling the barkeep.

”Y'seem parched, why don't I get us our first round?”

Hopefully this night would smooth things over a bit between them. If he was important to Polair than it was important to Buffel that they be able to meet together without causing an incident, especially when she was around.

He seemed nice enough, a bit jumpy but a decent guy.

This would be fun!

Buzzwulf
Yellowbros Unite!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:59 pm
User Image
Engrav Setlar

Engrav spotted the other yellowblood as he entered the bar and gave him a small wave, hoping to be easy to spot. But of course he was. The inventor slapped himself mentally, thinking about how incredibly badly he stuck out in this place. Gog he should have grabbed a sweatshirt or something. Maybe an old hoodie. Engrav tried for a friendly smile as Buffel approached the bar, but mostly just succeeded in looking a bit sick.

"The trip was, uh, just fine." the yellowblood said, giving the gunslinger a once-over. Spurs and sideburns and badges and a twang of politeness completed the ensemble, but Engrav didn't miss the groves worn into the holster of the other yellowblood's gun. That had seen use. Possibly a good deal of it. Engrav forced a smile onto his scarred face. "Longer than I remember, actually. Maybe I just feel it more now."

The inventor nodded to the barkeep as the redblood poured him a long finger of something thick, dark, and strong. "Agreed. I'll grab the next, though." He watched as Buffel's mechanical fingers curled around the gunslinger's own drink. Good action on that prosthetic. Looked like one of Flydra's. Idly, the inventor wondered if she'd left any surprises in the hand. He certainly would have if it was his design.

There was a silence between the two yellowbloods as Engrav took a gentle draw of his drink and winced.

It grew longer and longer as Engrav wracked a suddenly-blank thinkpan for something to say.

"So," the yellowblood finally blurted. "How have you all, um, been doing out here in Chittentown? It looks... well, pretty much exactly the same since I left, actually. Good to know some things don't really change." It was a little strange how rough he felt, little bursts of emotions he couldn't really name flashing by as he talked to the gunslinger. At least it seemed like Buffel was just as interested in staying on Engrav's good side as the inventor was in staying on the gunslinger's. Maybe he could work with this.

tenaciousgadabout
It's 5-o'clock somewhere

Buzzwulf

tenaciousgadabout

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:07 pm
Buffel nodded politely as the inventor offered to grab the next round. He sipped from his mug with his fellow lowblood and listened to his question. The stool beneath him creaked as he leaned back a bit. Considering his words, he admitted, ”I wish I could tell ya, but truth be told I haven't been back here all too much since I lost this,” he waved his arm, ”and my lusus.”

He took another sip, longer than the first before breathing out heavily.

”It is nice to see nothing's changed much though. Still kinda feels like home.”

Engrav seemed to be easing up a bit. It'd been a long time since the gunslinger had commiserated with another yellowblood. Common ground would be a nice thing to find with this guy.

”Tell me, is it any different for lowbloods by you? I feel like we almost got it easy out here from a caste perspective.”

He glanced about the club, taking in the crowd. Mostly lowbloods and midbloods, with a speckling of highbloods in the mix. Chittentown was certainly different from most other places on Alternia.

Buzzwulf
sorry for the lateness!!!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:20 pm
User Image
Engrav Setlar

"It is... more difficult for most of us in the city, I think. Easier to be picked out of a crowd by someone looking for a target." Engrav scratched at the scar on his thinkpan, troubled. Commiserating about blood color was not something he had often occasion to do, but it felt... nice, having someone to talk to that shared the same experiences. Engrav had felt his share of dismissal and disdain, and he could only assume Buffel had shared similar experiences. That was what being a lowblood was, even out here where the dust settled thick. "In some ways it's easier to escape notice, if you're willing to stay under the radar. Here, I think highbloods keep an eye out for the nails that stick out and need a hammering. In the city, trolls just assume we're already been beaten down." The inventor turned a wary eye to the gunslinger.

"It's easier to be underestimated when you come from a lower caste. Not a mistake either of us will be making anytime soon, I suspect."

Engrav lapsed back into silence for a moment, took a sip of his drink. He could feel the heat of it beginning to radiate from his chest, starting to trickle outward into his limbs. Most of them, at least. The yellowblood smiled. "So... how'd you lose the arm?" he said, holding up his own for Buffel to inspect, if the yellowblood so desired. "Mine was... sudden. Wrong place, wrong time."

tenaciousgadabout
Lol you fine dude

Buzzwulf

Alternia RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas