Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hivestuck

Back to Guilds

Homestuck inspired troll related b/c 

Tags: homestuck, troll, breedables, mspa, alternia 

Reply Alternia RP
[YTMA]The Strength to Grow, to Carry, to Work (Api&Seph pt1)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:15 am
On Alternia, all trolls must know how to use the strength of their bodies to protect themselves and others. To fight, to survive, to reach, to grab for more, to even just be left alone.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Even when they would rather not.

YTMA Mechanics
Strength
Novice
      Solo Class: Weight Training
        Your weight training instructor gestures to a progress board in the center of the main room. Fortunately these early physical tests are easily quantifiable, with the first test being a bench press test. In order to pass the novice level weight training, you must be able to bench press your own weight!

Mechanics
        Trolls must be able to bench press weight equal to their body weight. Roll 10d10 with the goal of reaching 100 in one roll. During each attempt you must sum the total of your 10D10s plus 10 for each attempt you have made. First attempt = 10D10 + 10, Second attempt: 10D10 + 20, etc.

Min 50 words per post.

DraconicFeline rolled 10 10-sided dice: 2, 9, 3, 8, 10, 1, 10, 4, 9, 2 Total: 58 (10-100)
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:25 am
Sephos Arbola

After Bloodfest, Sephos had hoped to attend this with Punkie, unwilling as he was to step too far into the unfamiliar from the safety of his trees without her by his side. But, as the pressure from his lusus steadily grew, and as awareness of his impending duty loomed in the shape of an ever-ripening seed-to-be-his, Sephos had both a deep need to escape and a sense of uncertainty about his own strength. Now that he could read the sign for the classes, he knew that they trained strength. Unfortunately, the main available one right now was in New Hemisect... but that was fine. He was happy to go there... he knew it well enough.

And, surprise of all surprises, he had found a face he recognized there. He knew he needed partners for the class, and had asked... well, he thought he'd asked nicely. He'd tried, anyway, because the idea of doing the class alone felt wierd to him.

He took his turn at the weights, letting the yellowblood spot. He lifted, and then something ocurred to him...

"Hey, what was your name?" He'd... forgotten to ask. Or forgotten the answer. Either way, he probably should know this by now.

Total
Goal: 100
Score: 58+10= 68

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100
nepsah rolled 10 10-sided dice: 2, 1, 9, 5, 6, 7, 10, 9, 8, 8 Total: 65 (10-100)

nepsah

Malevolent Mage

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 12:42 pm

Api was older now and, well... Fluff had insisted it was time they learn how to defend themself. All good trolls could do it, and her troll would not be an exception. They weren't particularly keen on it, honestly. Violence was the norm for troll society, but that didn't mean they were a particularly big fan of it. Still, Fluff's word was still pretty much law for them, so they'd looked into classes since that was really all they knew how to do.

The local YTMA offered strength classes, so they'd signed themself up for it in hopes it would appease their lusus. After all, what was the point in learning how to fight if you weren't even strong, right? ...Right?

They were stretching when a familiar voice caught their attention. Turning, they came to face.. uh... what... was his name again? Api blinked- realizing they'd just been asked for their name. "Oh, ah, hi. Apibom. Apibom Honeii... What was yours? I don't remember if I got it before..." They extended a hand, placing a pleasant smile on their face.

DraconicFeline

Quote:

Score: 65 + 10 = 75

DraconicFeline rolled 10 10-sided dice: 5, 3, 10, 4, 1, 1, 2, 9, 9, 4 Total: 48 (10-100)
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 2:22 pm
Sephos Arbola

Sephos had learned how to handshake from Punkie. Though it was simple enough for him to understand, and even though Rastin had managed to intervene and tone down some of the wierder gestures, Sephos's handshake was still... unsual. A few strange gestures and shaking motions, proably not at all matched by the other troll. All delivered with the troll's dour expression.

He at least knew what it was. And, unlike an actual Juggalo hand greeting, no honking, squirting, or pies were involved. Just strong, honest, calloused hands. He was trying to figure it out, and that was something.

"Sephos Arbola." he said, observing the stretching. That... Actually looked like a better idea than trying to lift weights complely cold. He decided to try it, and looked basically about what you would expect from someone raised by a tree.

After some attempts to mimic the stretching positions -- mostly successful, and at the very least practical, he gestured to one of the weight sets.

"How many of these do you weigh?" he asked, honestly curious. He'd figured out how much he weighed -- numbers were easier than words -- and he'd lifted around a few just to see. He weighed as much as a good-sized log chunk, and he knew that he could lift that much... but he'd have to work up to it. Twigs before stones, after all.

Total
Score: 38+20= 68

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100
nepsah rolled 10 10-sided dice: 3, 8, 8, 2, 2, 4, 6, 9, 6, 6 Total: 54 (10-100)

nepsah

Malevolent Mage

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:55 pm

That was... probably one of the more strange handshakes Api had ever received, but they weren't going to comment on it. Perhaps he just wasn't very used to them? "It's good to uhh.... meet you again?" They offered a slightly nervous laugh. This was run-in number three, after all. They usually tried to know people better, since knowing others was how one got around in life, but for whatever reason Sephos had escaped their memory. They hoped they didn't have to worry about theirs going bad or something...

They were brought out of their thoughts by the question. How many did they weigh? They glanced at the weights, then began counting on their fingers. "Oh, well, uh..." They eventually settled on a number. "About 20 of them." This was going to be a long night. They weren't weak, per se, by they weren't particularly strong either. "What about you?" They decided to load a couple of them on to one of the bars and start with that. Ugh, heavy.

DraconicFeline

Quote:

54 + 20 = 74

DraconicFeline rolled 10 10-sided dice: 7, 6, 3, 1, 7, 1, 4, 1, 8, 10 Total: 48 (10-100)
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:44 pm
Sephos Arbola

Sephos watched with some concern because, among other things, it had ocurred to him that these weighted bars could just... crash down on his throat. He normally didn't lift things above his neck the way that these required. Certainly not 20 of... those... worth. "I think I'm heavier." he mused, trying the weights for himself again.

Well, actually, he wasn't so sure. "Nnh..." He grunted. Was he really that heavy or was he... maybe... lighter?

"... I don't know."

Quote:
Score: 48+30= 78

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100
nepsah rolled 10 10-sided dice: 1, 1, 8, 6, 4, 10, 6, 4, 3, 6 Total: 49 (10-100)

nepsah

Malevolent Mage

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:46 pm

"Oh, uh, really?" Api puzzled over that for a moment. The task was to be able to lift as much as you weighed but.. Sephos didn't know how much he weighed. Hm. They considered him for a moment, then looked at the weights... back to him... He seemed more muscular than they were and muscle was supposed to be heavier than fat...

"I bet you're probably around the same, um, if you don't mind me guessing, I mean." They laughed nervously. "Which, uh, is good! Because um, we could spot each other, you know? Uh, and not worry about not being able to lift the weight... or something..."

DraconicFeline

Quote:

49 + 30 = 79

DraconicFeline rolled 10 10-sided dice: 2, 5, 1, 4, 5, 5, 1, 6, 4, 4 Total: 37 (10-100)
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:42 pm
Sephos Arbola

Spot! Yes, wasn't that the word for helping keep the weights from choking and killing someone? He'd heard it in the class, and heard it from Punkie too.

"I'll try it. Then you? Then me again, maybe?" he offered, struggling with the weights a little bit as he gave it another attempt.

"I don't normally lift weights." he offered, as an apology. "Do you?"

Quote:
Score: 37+40= 77

nepsah

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100
nepsah rolled 10 10-sided dice: 10, 2, 5, 3, 2, 7, 8, 2, 9, 10 Total: 58 (10-100)

nepsah

Malevolent Mage

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:02 pm

Api watched the greenblood struggle a bit with the weights. If he was having a hard time, they were fairly certain that they'd be struggling for a while... They shook their head. "No, I don't really... lift weights ever. Just um, just products." They supposed they did lift quite a bit of weight for work but never more than 50 pounds at a time.

They loaded the bar up with a bit more weight and tried once more, struggling a bit with it - but... they were almost there, they were pretty sure of that at least. "Ah, your turn?"

DraconicFeline

Quote:

58 + 40 = 98

DraconicFeline rolled 10 10-sided dice: 4, 2, 3, 4, 10, 8, 8, 1, 10, 2 Total: 52 (10-100)
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 2:29 pm
Sephos Arbola

"Products?" Sephos asked, something clicking in his mind -- something about two honey booths at a Bloofest long ago... something about one of Punkie's competitors in... "Were you in the Superstar thing?" he asked, surprised at the recognition.

"Okay." Sephos took his turn, straining under the weight of the barbels as he lifted... a lot of weight. A tree's worth of weight.

Trees weighed a lot -- they were big structures, after all. But, Sephos had learned once, there were hollow spaces beneath the bark. That was where normal trees -- not treebeasts like his father -- kept their blood. Inside were more hollow spaces, where water was drawn in from the roots. The rest of it... were the remains of those spaces, crunched together into a packed, hard bundle of fiber.

They made trees sturdy and also made them heavy, when they fell. Sephos knew he had few hollow places, but he didn't know if he was that sturdy, either. Sometimes, like after the Space fights, when he was waiting for Punkie to return, he didn't feel very sturdy at all.

"Huh. I think I got it." he said, muscles straining. As he did, indeed, lift his own weight. "Your turn."

Quote:
Score: 52+50= 102

nepsah
YAY

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100
nepsah rolled 10 10-sided dice: 4, 7, 5, 7, 3, 10, 9, 9, 8, 3 Total: 65 (10-100)

nepsah

Malevolent Mage

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 3:25 pm

Oh jeez, he recognized them from that... They didn't totally regret taking part in the competition since it had gotten them more involved with Chiara, but they... probably would have not signed up if they could go back and change things. Nothing came of it, really. Just a small influx of business and the occasional question. "Uh, yeah... I have a honey farm." They finally answered. They kept their hands near the bar, just in case Sephos dropped it. "And... yes, I was. I didn't place or anything, though." Fluff hadn't let them live that down in... well, she still brought it up any time they wanted to do something out of the norm.

They nodded and then got into place after adjusting the weights. "Okay... here I go." They took a deep breath, then exhaled slowly before starting to lift the bar up. It was a struggle, but they managed to hold it up for a few moments before having to put it down again. That counted, right?

"Haah... looks like we both passed, huh...?" They stood up, stretching their arms out a bit. "Do... you want to team up for the next activity?"

DraconicFeline

Quote:

65 + 50 = 115 done!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 3:59 pm
"Honey is good." he remarked, as Apibom lifted the weights. He braced himself, in case the weight dropped. It was a truly frightening moment for Sephos, feeling a life in his hands... And then, it was over.

Sephos nodded gravely, agreeing with the assessment. That was a pass, he guessed -- a check on the instructor affirmed it. He offered a hand to help Apibom up.

"Sure." Sephos said, not realizing just what that would entail.

Not yet.

But he probably would have agreed anyway.

nepsah

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100
Alternia RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers