Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hivestuck
Captain

Alien Datemate

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:14 pm

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

A delicate blanket of snow lay over Civisect, but it did little to stifle the pulse of excitement running through the city. The space itself seemed to breathe with life. Local shops and restaurants blast catchy pop tunes, and the constant barrage of flashy neon advertisements left white spots dancing in your vision. Occasionally, a ridiculous mascotted troll would shower passersby with coupons and excited, rehearsed chants about great deals to be found inside.

The boardwalk itself is crammed pack with game booths and vendors offering an eclectic range of wares, but almost always keeping within the rainbow theme of Bloodfest. Vibrant banners in every hue of the hemospectrum flutter in the crisp winter breeze, ushering long lines at any food stall offering hot drinks. Gourd spice foamed udderbeast secretion beverages are a big trend this time of year!

If you need to take a breather away from the activities, the beach itself offers a small repose away from the celebrations. While some of the grounds have been reserved for Bloodfest events, most the frozen coastline offers little appeal to thrillseekers this time of year. However, twinkling brightly against the skyline lay the Civisect fairground, tempting all with magnificent rides scraping the sky operating in questionable weather conditions.

OOC information
This thread is for all non-event activity taking place in and around the Civisect City Boardwalk. Your trolls can hang out, grab a hot drink, visit the beach or take in the sights dotting the gleaming boardwalk. Hotels are offering lavish vacation packages, gift shops are packed full of Bloodfest deals, and the fairgrounds are always fun! This thread will remain open until September 23.

Accepted quest trolls that participate in Bloodfest are allowed to roleplay in this thread!  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:40 pm
Wander loved Bloodfest. She got to have fun with Poe, and visit Cynril at his booth. It was comforting, regular, a routine. Not very hectic. But even though it was predictably exciting, she still needed a break from it once in a while.

She found herself sitting on the coastline, alone, no lusus or friends around her. And it didn't terrify her? Well. She was still on edge. Civisect was still The Outside and she couldn't put her guard down. But she didn't hate being on her own so much, compared to last time. The quiet was a bit weird...no Abby. Truly alone.

But she didn't have to worry about anyone for the moment. Including her lusus. And that was...nice?

With the isolation on her side, she pulled togeter the nerve to start shooting pyrotechnics over the water. With a finger gun, no less.

Quote:
Wander is open for interaction :>

Gl!tch~

Fashionable Genius

4,475 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:23 pm
    Trusci loved the hustle and the bustle of trolls. Bloodfest was fun, she told herself, but this sweep it was a little bittersweet. She had been excited when she saw Nahori manning a booth--good for her!--but then her heart sunk when she saw who she had been manning it with. She had half hoped that the military would have broken her already, that she'd come to her senses that it wasn't a good place for lowbloods and maybe she'd find a way to untangle herself from the mess she'd gotten into. It was a selfish, terrible thought, but Trusci couldn't help herself.

She hadn't come to the boardwalk to sulk, but the momentum of the festivities had been a little much for her in a surprising twist of fate. The noise had been a nice distraction for a time, but now she just had a headache.

Still, she was social at heart (or perhaps just nosy), and seeing another troll isolated from the activities piqued her interest. It increased ten fold when she saw the little sparks; how were they doing that? Her first thought was maybe fireworks of some kind, but then how did that explain the finger gun trick? Hmm.......

"Hey Sparky!" She strolled on over, momentarily forgetting her earlier doldrums, "Neat trick you got there." She smiled cheekily.

Gl!tch~
im sorry she's like this

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:15 pm
Wander looked around at first, wondering who else was there that the newcomer was talking to. The shore seemed...empty. Then that could only mean...

She blinked, a little surprised someone was talking to her.

"H-hello." And then started to...blush, the tiniest bit. The yellowblood in front of her was really pretty!

"U-um..." Wander looked down at her hands. "Thanks... I-it's not really a trick, though... A trick is m-more like...magic, a-a-and this isn't magic..."

She snapped her fingers to demonstrate. Biology in action!

Melancholies

Gl!tch~

Fashionable Genius

4,475 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:00 pm
    Trusci stopped in her tracks. Warmblood, shy, stuttery--her mind immediately flew back to the topic of Nahori. Funny how fate worked like that, always finding ways to circle back around to things she kept trying to avoid. At least she didn't have long to dwell because of what happened next.

Trusci watched as Wander re-demonstrated the 'trick' from before. Her head tilted to one side, and then the other, and then it clicked somewhere in the back of her brain. Her eyes lit up and her mouth turned into a surprised 'o' shape. Wordlessly, she began fumbling to take one of her gloves off.

Holding up her hand, she produced a satisfying snap herself. While this was totally unnecessary considering how her powers operated, she wanted to mimic the motion. Same snap? Same snap! Her teal psionics sparked brightly in the air for a brief moment.

"Me too!" She said in a quiet, giggly rush. She loved meeting other psionics! "Oh my gosh, that's so cool! I didn't even stop to consider that's how you were doing that. I'm Trusci by the way!" She enthusiastically held her hand out in greeting.

Gl!tch~

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:09 pm
Wander's eyes went wide, almost as if they were full of stars. But, actually, they just reflected Trusci's psionics. Odette and Vremea had powers, but they were adults. And those powers were so different from Wander's own... Meeting someone with something snappy and sparky never even crossed her mind.

And it.

Was.

Amazing.

"Oh!" she gasped. Wander covered her mouth with her hands without thinking, so surprised and in the moment. She even had to snap herself out of it to be able to return the hand shake. And she should...stand up, too.

With a sheepish smile on her face, Wander got to her feet. "Aaa... Hello, I'm..." Alias! Alias! "P-Pennie." Nice save. "It's r-r-really nice to meet you...! What do your psionics do..." Were they just like hers, but teal? Or were they more like the traditional kind, the sort she didn't have... Either way, she was utterly fascinated!

Melancholies

Gl!tch~

Fashionable Genius

4,475 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:01 pm
    Trusci was beaming! Pennie! What a cute name. Cute lowbloods deserved all of the psionics, in her honest opinion.

"Oh, y'know" She pshaw'd and leaned against the boardwalk railing like it was no big deal. "The floaty-awesome-telekinetic kind." She bit her tongue on the you know, coveted by the government type comment. She wondered if Pennie's were the same? From the distance she was at, she couldn't tell. Either way, it didn't really matter what they could do, it was still cool as hell.

"Were you born with yours?" Trusci was settling in for more casual conversation now that the ice had been sufficiently broken.

Gl!tch~
i love them...

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:16 pm
"O-oh! That's so cool..." Like NOVA! And he was super cool! Somehow Outside telekinetics ended up being really neat? She didn't know how that kept happening.

Wander nodded, a little more enthusiastic with the good energy going on. "Yeah! I-I've had 'em my whole life... I c-can't imagine l-living without them." Stimming? Without her sparks? Impossible.

Melancholies
They're so cute! !!!

Gl!tch~

Fashionable Genius

4,475 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:31 am
    "Right?" Trusci was giggling. Pennie seemed shy, but she was still getting caught up with the excitement of the conversation. It was pretty cute, all things considered.

"I guess they can have their cons, though." Trusci admitted, though she was still smiling. Light. Like this was just some normal, candid conversation she was having with a longtime friend rather than someone she'd just met. "Like, I wouldn't trade them for anything in the world, but ya'know. Sometimes I worry about my future. Oh but, I can't make myself keep my powers a secret! I love them too much, so I guess it's just a bit of a personal problem." She laughed.

"But." She looked up towards the starry night sky, "I guess... maybe it wouldn't be the worst. Bein' a helmsman sounds like the pits, but space is really pretty. I got to go up there, y'know, when they were doing the ship recalls. Seein' Alternia from up there makes you feel reeaal small."

Gl!tch~
gosh she's such a chatterbox sorry

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 6:00 pm
The sound of boots crunching in the snowy grounds resonated as a familiar blueblood walked down the boardwalk. The twinkling spectacle of the fairgrounds made his grey cheeks flush with blue from delight. It was stunning really, why hadn't he really noticed it before? He had come by this way several times during Bloodfest, but most of the time he was preoccupied. Running around after your pals and having a hell of a grand time was better than any kid could ask for. Eyzaak loved Bloodfest, the festivities brought trolls of all walks of life together for a common celebration. It was magical really, festivities and get-togethers were happy times for him. He couldn't help the smile that lit up his features. Yet as he neared the railing that looked out over the bay area, a cold blast of wind rustled his wildly styled hair.

The winds of change had come to greet him.

Eyzaak felt his brows knit together as he frowned, shivering against the cold. As happy as he was, there was something else on his mind, and no matter how much fun he had he couldn't shake the constant nagging emotions that swirled in his young heart.

So what exactly did a troll do when their lives from the get-go were to an extent, outside one's own control? Eyzaak like many of his generation and younger were born not to the Empire’s mother grub, but the Rebellions. He had been one of the few who had already hatched prior to the treck through the swamp. The blueblood couldn’t say he could really REMEMBER anything from that. He’d grown up mostly safe, and from an early age learned how to fight, and make preparations for the world outside the Swamp. Learning how to read had been a literal pain in the a**, in truth, Eyzaak hated it. However, he could, more importantly, read and write enough to get him by most situations. He had Tevini and several others to thank for their continued paitences when Eyzaak himself had none.

The reality was simple, Eyzaak had never doubted the trolls of Salamire Outpost, but the realization of what life was like outside the safety of the swamp, even for he had come as an eye-opener. Ideals of a world where you blood cast was not a measure of your worth, had been ingrained in him since he could remember. Meeting trolls who were strictly adherent to the hemospectrum and each one blood-worthiness baffled him at first. Eyzaak had been lucky he met Trevel, the other had helped fill in the gaps the blueblood hadn’t fully connected, and namely understood on his own accord. It went without saying, he was a troll who was important to Eyzaak. He was however in a weird position, did he tell someone like Trevel your most guarded secret? It was obvious the purpleblood was living up to the fact he had highblood privilege. It was likely Trevel was loyal to the crown.

Eyzaak was at a crossroad.

Did he continue to keep his secret? Or should he tell Trevel he was a rebel. He had been taught early on to keep his involvement and knowledge of Salamire Outpost from outsiders. There had been a lot of times Eyzaak had struggled with this, as he didn't have the ability to just be a normal kid..inviting friends over to his hive was nearly impossible. Eyzaak’s mind turned over what was the right thing to do, it wasn’t as complicated with Autumn..she had grown up with him. The two of them had been through thick and thin, and no matter what Flutters was stuck with him. Hell, Eyzaak already knew if he did anything too stupid she'd come to hunt him down. Eyzaak by this point mostly knew how he felt about her, and it was pretty sure whatever it was they had was fairly mutual.

Turning from his relationships, he wondered what exactly had he done thus far in life? His first exposure to Bloodfest almost two sweeps had been positive, and he’d learned a lot. It was especially awesome as he took second place in paintball gunning. This year he hadn’t been as lucky, but running a Booth and keeping up with that had taken a lot of his time. His efforts in the Space Expedition had been a thrilling one. The efforts of the Phoenix Initiative was incredibly important to the eager young troll. Even Jingle Hell's wacky fun still lingered in his mind of dreams of yesteryear. It was very rare he forgot about such small details such as those so in that private moment all to himself...Eyzaak's nightdreams roamed freely. Sighing deeply, he leaned on the railing overlooking the boardwalk. His eyes gazed with a faraway expression as he allowed his mind to wander. He couldn't say life had been all bad, that would have been a bold face lie. Eyzaak had been pretty lucky, all things considered.

The sudden beating of his pump biscuit was enough to steal his breath away, causing the pre-teen to rub his chest ideally as he shivered. Snowflakes had begun to spiral and dance in the night sky, lightly blanketing the wintery wonderland that was Civisect City. This wasn't the first time Eyzaak had been here, and he suspected it would not be his last either. He had discovered a while back that exploring and traveling Alternia had its perks. It could be awfully tiresome of course, so finding the right balance was a pain in the a** truthfully. Closing his eyes, Eyzaak leaned more heavily on the railing as he leaned forward. A small dramatic sigh left the blueblood as he peered out across the icy ocean waters. The way the waves lapped at the dock brought a small smile to his face. He recalled diving into the ocean on a boldface dare just to show off that he was as courageous as the best of the lot.

Still lost in thought, he almost didn't notice his lusus come up beside him. The bump of a soft fur coat under his hand startled him. Looking down at Sundry a gentle smile crossed his serious expression. "Ey Buddy what's up.." He mumbled as he crouched down and pulled the small creature into his arms. He couldn't help ruffling the Lusus's head as he pressed his windburn cheeks against the other. Exhaling a slow sigh he stood up as he held his lusus in a lazy fashion. Lately, he had gotten big enough picking up Sundry was remarkably easy. He remembered not that long ago how hard it was, due to his small stature. The realization he'd hit a growth spurt or two since that memory made him flush with pride.

Sundry tipped his head back, tail wagging furiously. Hi Pal! Not much just checkin’ on ya. I found some yummy hot dogs at this one stand...I betchya knew about that tho.' Sundry looked sheepish as it chattered at Eyzaak in their shared language. Considering the lusus had more or less snuck off with a couple that was probably intended for another customer, it did look guilty for what it was worth. The lusus often did things like this, simply because Sundry did what it pleased.

"Yea, I know what you're talkin' about." He added, deciding he'd slide by and give the booth owner a couple of Beetles for the other's troubles. The blueblood chuckled, shaking his head at his lusus.

While Eyzaak didn't have all the answers for the future right in hand, he did know one thing. Whatever came next, he would face the situation with confidence. Like his usual way of handling things, Eyzaak would deal with it accordingly regardless of the outcome. Overthinking it wasn't going to do him a whole hell of a lot of good. It never had, nor would it ever he decided without a doubt. Eyzaak looked a bit relieved as his shoulders sagged slightly, relieved of tension. Having made a decision (while not an easy one) he rubbed his neck with his free hand not supporting the majority of his lusus weight in his arms. What was the worse that happened? He told the truth and things went to s**t? Eyzaak could always do like some of the other rebels did and assume a new identity, but that s**t was kind of wild and confusing if you asked him..he had to hope that his gut feeling was the right one.

A sudden smirk crossed his features as he shook his head. Eyzaak could just imagine Autumn now, smacking him upside the head for deciding to do something so risky as welcome an outside...but he'd be damned if he lied forever to someone he cared about. That s**t didn't sit right nor feel good at all man. He wasn't about to show Trevel were the Outpost was, but breaching the subject was a task he had to address before it really got completely blown out of proportion.

leon_a_darkangel

Dedicated Supporter

Gl!tch~

Fashionable Genius

4,475 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:46 am
"Hmm..." Wander never had to think about that, the concern about becoming a helmsman. Her community didn't have to be concerned about being conscripted like that. While she kept up with Trusci's energy, smiling and nodding and occasionally giggling softly herself, inside she did feel a little concerned. Even in the nice moments, that line between her and those in the Outside felt so real. Psionics had to worry about the futures they could be forced into. She didn't. It felt so...weird.

Trusci chose to joke about it, which was the saddest thing of all. She might as well just be resigned to that fate, as if there really were no other options. If only Wander could mention the PI...

The orangeblood looked to the sky, too. "S-someone important to me w-wanted to go up there, too... B-But I was too young to go with, and I was w-worried something would happen if he went. The whole thing s-sounded really scary, f-from what I heard." Was there time to enjoy the scenery? Maybe not every run was as terrible as the ones she heard about from the PI members who went up. Either way, being unable to help hurt too much.

"I b-bet it's r-really peaceful and q-quiet, w-when there aren't d-d-daywalkers..."

After a thought, she let out another soft laugh, closing her eyes with it. "Kind of l-like the beach in the cold."

Melancholies
Re-quote!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 1:00 pm
    Trusci tilted her head slightly as Pennie spoke, her arms rested on the boardwalk rail as her cheek sat propped on her hand. Everything in her face spoke about how intently she was listening. Trusci was a good listener, after all. She laughed when Pennie did, "Yeah! I'd be a little worried if daywalkers started turnin' up on the beach, though."

She looked away again, "I mean, it was kinda scary, I guess. You had to be prepared for it. My crews were all pretty capable though, so we didn't have a lot to worry about. Sure did see quite a few bastards bite off more than they could chew though." She spoke casually, but she was being serious in the same vein.

"Oh well. It was a... neat life experience, I guess. They made us sign bunches of waivers and s**t, but I'm still surprised they let us civvies go up at all." Trusci laced her fingers together to set her chin on top. "Your friend really didn't miss out on too much not going though. At least he was there for you, yeah? I can respect that." She offered a warm smile despite the sinking feeling in her gut. Funny how her friends gravitated to the same system that restricted them. Oh Nahori...

Gl!tch~
reeeequote!

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

Gl!tch~

Fashionable Genius

4,475 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:39 pm
Wander wasn't surprised at how the civvies were allowed to go despite the danger, based on the military's history of doing basically that time and time again. From what she heard, civilians were pulled into the old rebel base attack sweeps ago. The same could be said of what happened to Civisect before it was Civisect. The system used everyone like cannon fodder, whether or not they willingly signed up for it. But she couldn't just say that; instead, she shrugged a little. "I guess th-they needed the extra t-trollpower..."

Poe didn't miss out on too much... Wander wasn't sure if that made her feel better, or not. Especially after that hard conversation she had with Sonnie because of her efforts to keep Poe around. It was complicated.

"He's a-always there for me. I-I-I'm lucky t-to have the friends I do... W-without them I'd feel like a p-piece of me was gone, almost a-as much as I would i-if I lost my powers! B-but still..."

She looked at the sky again. "I-If my flock...er...friends w-wanted to go up there again, if th-there was another big thing for that s-somehow... I'd go, too. W-we h-have to look out for each other, y-you know?"

Wander sighed and looked down with a sad smile. "I probably s-sound l-like a real wimp... I-If I'm honest, a lot of things m-make me nervous...but I try t-to push past it. Otherwise I-I'll never get anywhere. There's t-too much I wanna do to l-let that keep me down."

Melancholies
An original quote!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:29 am
    Trusci watched Wander--really, really watched her--her mouth silent for once as she leaned in slightly to the conversation. Every stutter and tangent and train of thought was met with a surprising amount of patience. Even after Wander had said her piece, Trusci found herself quiet and contemplative.

"Nah." She said, not content to let any sort of silence drag on. She was grinning again, cat like and characteristic, "I don't think really makes you weak, ya'know? A hopbeast surrounded by big howlbeasts is one badass hopbeast, right? And there ain't nothin' wrong with backin' your buddies up. They seem like good eggs." She laughed a little to herself, cheeks tinged yellow. Pennie was endearing. Trusci didn't like the weak, not really, but she appreciated anyone who could single out their own shortcomings in order to actively work towards them. She stood up straight after that, her hands finding their way into her jacket pockets.

"Tell you what Sparks." Trusci spun around with a certain excitable energy, "You're all right! I'd ride along with you anytime." For how back and forth pensive she had been throughout the conversation, she was beaming now. "You hit up NHC ever?"

Gl!tch~
I just wanted to sneak in a semi-closer forgive me deadline gods

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

Alternia RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out