Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:55 pm
How long had she been up in this tree?

"Featherssss." She called out, clinging to a branch. She was pretty high up, yet there were more trees that stood taller than what she was perched on. "I don't like it up here...please come get me down..." Nara cried out, her claws digging into the wood, hanging on for dear life.

"Anyone? Please help." She didn't wear her gear. She had been trying to blend in with the mortals during the day. Yet, if a mortal came by, there was always that question how a small cub had ended up in the tree in the first place.

"I don't like it up here." She cried out again, closing her heads, willing herself to not look down.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:12 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Gaius could not have answered how long the little goddess had been in the tree, he was not aware she was in such a place. He did however wonder where she was, he had not seen her near the den that day. Perhaps she was off exploring somewhere, or getting into mischief, she seemed to be inclined toward mischief.

Dark ears twitched, what was that sound? Curiously, Gaius scanned the area around him, walking toward a cry that had met his ears. Where was that coming from? ...Wait a minute, he knew that voice.

"Nara?"

He came to a stop at the base of a tree, his gaze turned upward. What the hell--WHAT WAS SHE DOING UP A TREE?! Had she climbed up there and gotten stuck?

"What are you doing up there?"

KasaiLoki

Amon Larethian

Swashbuckling Sentai

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:17 pm
Amon Larethian

Someone was coming! Oh good! SOMEONE WAS COMING!

Nara peeked her eyes opened, dark orbs gazing down to the ground. Her stomach revolted on itself, as she found herself closing them more quickly. "GET ME DOWN PLEASE." She shouted, gripping the branch harder. One thing Fidelity was finding was she did not like heights.

She didn't just like them. She was becoming downright petrified of them.

"FEATHERS PUT ME UP HERE. HE HASN'T COME BACK. IT'S BEEN FOREVER." Well, it might've been an hour, maybe a tad more, or a tad less, but it had been quite a while.

"I don't want to die up here," she called out, tears starting to run from her eyes. She'd start hyperventilating in a moment, if Gaius tried to keep talking to her.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:43 pm
Feathers? Oh, wait, that was what she called his father. He might have snickered when he remembered that, if it weren't for the fact his little friend was stuck in a tree. A quiet sigh, that was a pretty jerk thing to do dad.

"Alright, I'm coming up to get you."

He stood at the base of the tree for a moment, looking at the branches, debating the best way to reach her. Climbing the tree would shake it too much, panicking the already frightened cub, or worse, causing her to lose her grip. And well, he'd always been better at teleporting than climbing...teleport it is.

Suddenly Gaius disappearing, reappearing a moment later on a large branch directly below Nara. He was really going to have to teach her how to teleport sometime.

"Climb on, I'll get you down."

KasaiLoki

Amon Larethian

Swashbuckling Sentai

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:49 pm
Amon Larethian

Nara's eye cracked open, seeing the large lion in front of her. If she wasn't so high off the ground, she would probably be amazed. However, the fear gripping at her was enough to hide any other emotion. She shook her head quickly, feeling the branch shake with her.

"Nu-uh." She said. If she'd let go to climb on the other's back, she could lose her balance and fall. She liked having the death grip on the branch thank you very much.

"You'll drop me." Fidelity said quickly. Then they really would be in a predicament. Besides, how were they going to get down? Was he just going to poof to the ground. Did that work with others on his back? He didn't have wings! Perhaps Nara should have inquired with Anonymity how to fly before messing with a winged god....  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:32 pm
"Come on, if you don't let go of the branch I can't get you down."

Gaius tried his best to give her a reassuring smile. How was he going to get her down if she wouldn't let go? He couldn't break off the branch or take down the tree, neither was an option. And he couldn't force her off the branch, if he tried, she would most certainly fall and he couldn't let that happen.

"I won't drop you, I promise."

Maybe if he climbed to the higher branch he could get her? But would it hold the weight of both of them? No, he couldn't risk it, she would have to trust him and let go of the branch.

KasaiLoki

Amon Larethian

Swashbuckling Sentai

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:42 pm
Amon Larethian

Nara shook her head again.

She peeked at the male again, shaking as she felt her gaze drop to the ground. Nope. Still high off the ground. "M---maybe you can go get Feathers and he can just...pick me back up and bring me down?" Yeah, Tanaka coming back was probably not the best option.

But she really did not want to be in this tree anymore. Trying to get over her fear, Nara slowly inched towards where Gaius was. When she felt the branch sway, she stopped, clinging to the branch again.

"You sure you won't drop me...?" She asked quietly, the shaking of her own body causing the branch to tremble with it. That wasn't a fun feeling either.

With a gulp, Nara reached out for Gaius, a paw releasing its grip to reach for the curly maned deity.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:32 pm
"I don't think we should wait for him, and if I go look for him, you'll have to wait longer."

If his father had been angry enough to leave her in a tree, then Gaius did not want to risk facing that wrath himself. Nor was he willing to leave the little goddess alone long enough to find the grumpy jerk. What if she fell while he was gone? Anonymity would never forgive him.

"I won't drop you. See, you're almost there, you can do it."

Gaius shifted on the branch, trying to move closer to Nara, to make it easier for her to reach him. He stood as tall as he could, silently hoping his own branch didn't crack under his weight. Come on, almost there, he almost had her.

KasaiLoki

Amon Larethian

Swashbuckling Sentai

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 5:43 am
Amon Larethian

His words were right. She couldn't wait for Feathers return, especially finding her stomach turning every time she found her dark gaze looking down. Don't look down. Don't look down. she willed herself.

Finally, her free paw found it touching the God's soft cloak. Her paws curled around it, saying a small prayer as she felt her whole body sliding down from the branch and onto the male's back. There, she wrapped her paws in a death grip around the large neck. From the comparative size, Nara's arms were probably only half around the male. However, that still did not stop her from clinging to dear life on the God of Chauvinism's back.

Her form was shook as she buried her head in his curly mane. "Anytimenow..." she murmured into the golden locks.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:09 am
Gaius held his breath, staying perfectly still as he felt the touch of a small paw on his back. Careful, please be careful. He knew at that moment was when she was most vulnerable, the moment she was most likely to slip or fall. But he was not going to let her fall, he had promised, he was not going to let his little friend fall.

"See, that wasn't so bad, right?"

A sigh of relief, he had her and she was safely holding on to him now instead of the tree. Now for the easy part, getting her from the tree to the ground.

"Hold on tight, we're gonna fly down."

He paused a moment, glancing back to assure himself she had a firm grip before he leapt from the branch into the air. Even without wings, the god could fly, though he was more inclined to simply teleport. It was an easy glide to the ground, landing softly on four paws. As he landed, a loud crack struck his ears, causing him to look behind him. Seemed he had cracked a branch in his takeoff, and it had fallen to the ground to land at the base of the tree. Whew, glad that hadn't broken while they were still in the tree.

"You can open your eyes now."

KasaiLoki

Amon Larethian

Swashbuckling Sentai

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:15 am
Amon Larethian

Hold on tight. Nara was sure she couldn't hold a tighter grasp than she already had. Not unless she wanted to use his mane as leverage, which she was sure she didn't. (How he kept the locks so curly and clean, she didn't know. It was hard to keep her own white pelt without dust or dirt!)

Her eyes remained closed until she felt a small thud on the ground, followed by an even bigger crash. She squealed, refusing to open her eyes until Gaius said it was okay. Even then, she found them only cracking open. She was safely on the ground again, but so was a tree branch. Instead of getting down from the male's back, she sighed, and lowered her head to rest it on his neck. Definitely safer here now.

"Can you take me home?" Her tone was low as she whispered, eyes drooping, but not fully falling asleep.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:02 am
Gaius had thought she might jump (or slide) from his back the moment they touched down, ready to have her own paws on the ground again. But he was okay with his too, he did not mind if it took her time.

"Okay. You rest then, I'll let you know when we get there."

He smiled, the tension releasing from his own body as he walked. He had not realized just how nervous he had been until that moment, afraid she would fall, or worse.

But now she was safe, they could both relax. He would take her back to the den and she could sleep. He was going to have to have a talk with his father later....and maybe throw something at his head. The big jerk!

KasaiLoki

Amon Larethian

Swashbuckling Sentai

[IC] Myrsky Syntynyt Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas