[PRP] A little self care (Ciro x Nga)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:52 pm
What should have been a short viking trip had prolonged itself to weeks. Ciro had hoped to be back a little sooner than he had, but the encountered with the traveling rogues, and the unskilled set of his adolescent band had stopped that. Instead, the male had taken five full nights to recover from his injuries sustained (or, what he would like to have considered recovered), before heading out. His pride needed help, and being out of commission in the outside world would not help them.

Luckily, his three wards were practically unharmed, perhaps a little roughed up.

Together, the band of four made it back home. The feeling of famine not hitting them once while out of their failed raid, but slowly starting to ebb its way into their body the moment they crossed the border. So, their lands were still cursed. The outing did nothing.

"Go home to your families." Ciro instructed the adolescents. He would return to Njia's den to check on the cubs in a little bit, before heading back to his own home. In the mean time, one particular wound on his shoulder had opened, and was actively dripping blood. He needed that taken care of before heading anywhere. Hopefully the waterhole wasn't as infected with disease that was hurting the land.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:12 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Ngaule let out a quiet sigh. She had lost track of the days since she had come to these lands, since the time she had learned of the famine and illness running through the pride. She had done what she could, wandering through the land as a mortal lioness, mingling with the members, using her powers to help where she could. But the effort was taking its toll on her, and she was growing tired. It seemed even a goddess had her limits.

Exhausted, but still determined, she had made her way to the waterhole. Maybe a short break would do her well, a refreshing dip in the water, yes, that sounded like an excellent idea. It would only be for a little while, she had done all she could for now, she needed a rest or she would not be able to help anyone.

Another sigh, she paused to stare into the water. Maybe she could speak to Jaddis again, convince him to move on. No, he was too stubborn to listen. But then, time had passed, perhaps his tempered had calmed some.

KasaiLoki

Amon Larethian

Swashbuckling Sentai

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:18 pm
Amon Larethian

The pride was much quieter. Probably too many sick. Ciro thought to himself. What was once a normally active path, was dead as can be. Ciro was sure he had heard a few groans to his left, those who didn't have the energy to make it back to the den. Shaking his head, the Captain chose to ignore it. He couldn't help them, no matter how much he wanted to. He had to take care of himself, and his own family first.

What surprised the lion though was seeing a rather pretty lady already at the water hole. He had not met her before, but she appeared tired. Perhaps plagued as well? Ciro strolled up to her, ignoring the ache in his wound as he looked over the other. "How are you faring in this mess?" The Captain asked, his voice tired.

He was sure he hadn't seen the female around before. New blood, maybe?  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:01 pm
Oh! Ngaule looked up, started from her thoughts. She had been so preoccupied she had neither seen nor heard the approach male. It was not until he spoke that she realized he was there. She blinked, looking at him for a moment. Something about him seemed familiar, but she could not recall if she had ever seen him. Perhaps she had and just didn't remember, or maybe another lion who looked like him.

"I am better than most."

She smiled tiredly, she did not have the heart to tell him that she had been unaffected by the famine itself, she had only been exhausted by her own choosing.

"...you're injured."

Her gaze had fallen on the blood staining his shoulder. Oh dear, what had he been up to?

KasaiLoki

Amon Larethian

Swashbuckling Sentai

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:20 pm
Amon Larethian

"That's good. I'm pretty sure we might have some causalities later. Those who I just passed did not seem to be doing well." Maybe those that were faring horribly could be dragged from t he pride borders to a safe spot. He had felt almost 100% better when he left on a Viking. The three adolescents he traveled with said the same thing.

"Then again, I am not sure how many we have lost so far." Being out of the pride at the start of the famine, and for the majority of it on his last outing, Ciro was out of the loop. These would be things he could catch up on a bit later with Njia, or another pride member.

Her comment caused his golden eyes to fall to his shoulder. "Just a flesh wound." He had more fresher cuts across his body, but those had been healing more nicely than this one. "The last Viking hadn't been as successful as I hoped." It wasn't successful at all. The only benefit that came out of it was three new reavers amongst the ranks.

"I'm not sure if this water source is particular safe to cleanse it however." He grimaced, but a thought dawned on his mind. "Perhaps you might be able to assist?" There could be so many meanings behind his words. Maybe Nga knew of a safer source or, she could use herself to help. Either way, Ciro would let the other think on it. The wound wasn't life threatening, but if he could have another....assist him with it, well, then that was beneficial for the male.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:55 pm
"I do not believe any have fallen, not yet."

At least none that she knew of. If Jaddis had told her the truth (and she had no reason to think he would lie), the unnatural famine he brought was not directly fatal. But Nga knew what happened when lions became desperate, saw what happened when they gave up and surrendered. But if she could keep their will strong, keep them fighting, then maybe they would last until that stubborn jackass finally left...or until they discovered him and drove him off.

Her eyes narrowed, giving him a dubious look. She was not entirely convinced of his statement. He did not seem particularly troubled by the injury, however it was not uncommon for the proud to conceal such things.

"The water is safe, this famine should not affect it."

How she knew that, well, hopefully he would not ask. She did not wish to out Jaddis, not yet, nor did she wish to drop her mortal disguise.

"If you think that will help."

KasaiLoki

Amon Larethian

Swashbuckling Sentai

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:46 pm
Amon Larethian

"Well that's good I guess." Ciro said with a soft sigh, approaching the water, eyeing it. His ear flickered towards the goddess in disguised, giving her a questioning look.

"You sure it's fine?" he questioned. Not that he didn't want to believe the word of a beautiful female, he also didn't want to quicken the effects of the cursed lands by exposing an open wound. He shrugged, deciding to change it was he lowered himself into the murky liquid. The coolness on the wound was refreshing, and caused the cut to sting slightly. He let out another sigh, the whole debacle of his last raid finally catching up to him.

Ciro opened his eyes, gold gaze staring into her own. His eyes should look familiar, a small cub Nga had helped shared the same colored orbs. "What's your name?" He asked quietly, shifting his leg in the water to let it soak there for a moment. when he thought he had been in the water enough time, he rose, exiting it. He sat near Nga, turning his gaze back to the wounded shoulder. It looked better, but still not the greatest.

"Looks like it might need some more care." He murmured, his attention turning towards the female. "Have any healing skills?" He joked.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:09 pm
"Yes, I am sure it is fine."

The famine did not come from the water, it came from a god. From what Nga had seen, it seemed the famine affected the creatures and lions within the pride, rather than the land and water itself. If she was correct, the water was perfectly safe. If it wasn't, pride members would have most certainly already perished.

She watched him, stepping forward to put her forepaws into the edge of the water. The cool water was soothing to tired paws, carrying days of dust from her fur. Small fish moving beneath the surface drew a glance from the corner of her eye, silently she wondered if they had been affected as the lions had been.

"My name is Ngaule."

She gave him a look, a raised brow. Oh, he was doing that thing men do wasn't he. Trying to be....charming and flirty and (not so) subtle.

"I believe a priestess would have the herbs you need to treat such a wound."

KasaiLoki

Amon Larethian

Swashbuckling Sentai

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:46 pm
Amon Larethian

"Ngaule." Ciro repeated. "Such a lovely name. I don't think I have seen you around before." Ciro made sure to know all the new faces in the lands, especially for a pretty female. " Are you relatively new to the pride?" Ciro was pretty well known around the thrall dens for obvious reasons. It wasn't against the lions moral to whisk away a female or two for a nice evening. Only a few times had his antics resulted in actual cubs, something that Ciro was willing to take. He wouldn't trade his children for the world, from either of the females that gave him the new life.

Even if only one of them was willing to raise them. Ciro knew there were other children, but he had never met them face to face, so the genders or appearance were something unknown to the male.

"Aww, I take it you aren't a priestess then?" The male said with a mock hurt, a small smirk on his maw. "You look like you could fit the part quite well. I think you would be able to care well for me. Look how well you are caring for yourself," he stated, giving the female a small wink. "Perhaps this old Captain could learn a thing or two from you?"

Ciro, subtle? Never.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:21 pm
"Yes, I am new here."

How long she would stay in these lands she did not know. Ngaule was much like her father, she wandered often, exploring the forests and plains, mountains and deserts, helping those who needed her whenever she could. She would stay at least until the famine was over and the pride was back on its feet.

Oh please, the goddess rolled her eyes. He was definitely doing that thing, flirting, she was not falling for it. Did he really thing those lines would work? It was almost cute he was trying, but no, it was not working.

"You're adorable."

Her tone was not unkind, but it was most likely not a tone he had hoped to hear. She supposed she would give him credit for trying.

"I will help you find the priestess."

She stepped out of the water, one paw splashing water on him as she did. Whether or not that had been on purpose or an accident, well, you can judge for yourself.

KasaiLoki

Amon Larethian

Swashbuckling Sentai

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:14 am
Just adorable? The smallest frown hit Ciro's lips, as he tried to shake the words. "I would have called myself devilishly handsome." He counted.

"Oh. no. no no. No need to go get a priestess! I am uh...sure this will heal on its own." Ciro was quick to say. He seemed to have some past with the priestess, and did not want to bring that up. He shook his head when she stepped in the water. He would take that as a pure accident. Obviously the lioness was not falling for him, and he did not want to get any of the priestesses involved with his wound.

"I uh, probably should get back to see my kids. Yeah, they haven't seen me in a while."

Besides, Ciro thought, I'm sure Njia would be more open to a fun night, since she isn't.

"Er...If you find that priestess just let them know I'm good. Really, truly okay." He glanced quickly towards the lioness before heading off, perhaps a step or two faster than he originally intended.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:08 am
"Handsome then."

She conceded, amusement in her eyes. Oh he was devilishly something alright. She might have felt bad for disappointing him, she supposed it had been a valiant effort. Oh well, she was certain he would get over it.

"If you are certain. Be well, I'm sure I will see you again."

A brow raised, she gave him a quizzical look, barely able to keep the laughter from her voice. She watched him a moment, smiling to herself. A quiet sigh, Ngaule made her own way from the water's edge, her spirits lifted and strangely feeling less tired than she had before. Alright then, back to work, no rest for the wearing.

Don't take it too hard, Ciro, at least you made her smile?

KasaiLoki

Amon Larethian

Swashbuckling Sentai

[IC] Myrsky Syntynyt Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas